PDA

View Full Version : SBEC_T2_3-Bar_Swboost_CE+40.zip

cordes
12-01-2007, 10:48 AM
It looks like the cold fuel enrichment curves weren't scaled for the +40s? I tried one of these, and the car runs great except for the fact that you can smell the gas coming out of the exhaust when it is running cold in the mornings.

Also, I found a map constant that was not checked as 3 bar in the cal.

I will give it a go to see how she runs today. Does anyone know the address of the min cruise constant, and the max cruise speed contestant in this code?

Aries_Turbo
12-01-2007, 01:01 PM
you mean curve a,b and c?

Brian

cordes
12-01-2007, 04:38 PM
you mean curve a,b and c?

Brian

Yes. making message long enough.

Aries_Turbo
12-01-2007, 06:38 PM
i dont think those are supposed to be scaled.... ive never scaled those curves for my cals and they are fine.

Brian

cordes
12-01-2007, 08:27 PM
i dont think those are supposed to be scaled.... ive never scaled those curves for my cals and they are fine.

Brian

OK, I might just try taking a little fuel out of the starting fuel vs. coolant temp table. The Cal I was running had those tables scaled for the injectors, and the starting and running fuel was decent. Perhaps the computer is just taking a while to figure out what is going on.

How long does it take the SBECs to relearn everything? Is there any way to speed that up?

cordes
12-04-2007, 06:51 PM
The cal I tried with the cold fule A,B, and C curves scaled ran richer than the previous one. I put those back to where the were and took some fuel out of the cold fueling table and that seems to have helped a lot. I will probably just have to play with it a little more to get the cold idle right. Thanks.

Aries_Turbo
12-04-2007, 08:36 PM
is it a goofy combo that you cant put it back to "stock" 3-bar scaling an get it to run good?

ie what is the engine combo?

cordes
12-04-2007, 10:54 PM
is it a goofy combo that you cant put it back to "stock" 3-bar scaling an get it to run good?

ie what is the engine combo?

it is nothing crazy at all. 2.5, swirl head, ported intake and exhaust. I have a turbo with a sgt. II wheel and .63 housing and 3" turbo back exhaust. I wouldn't think that it would run super rich the way it was. I brought down the fuel at lower temps and it seems to be running much better now. The computer is still relearning the idle etc, but it already behaves like a street car should compared to before.

I will probably continue playing with it so that I get the performance of my previous cal with DD civility.

cordes
12-08-2007, 04:53 PM
To update, the car started to run super rich all the time. I pulled the codes to find that the O2 needed to be replaced. I have replaced it, and now it runs worse than ever before. I tried the cal with curves A, B, and C scaled, and I tried another one with them left alone.

Perhaps that map constant that I checked for 3 bar the first go round is causing this?

I am at a loss here, since I know that there are many who are using this code with good results. I was running fine on another cal until I tried this one. This cal is literally blowing black smoke out the exhaust. Any suggestions?

Aries_Turbo
12-09-2007, 12:04 AM
start from scratch and check the map volts with key on engine off.

if the car is still rich, id scale all the stuff you scale for injectors a few percent at a time till its good.

i dunno though. you have a wideband?

Brian

cordes
12-09-2007, 02:03 AM
I do have a wideband sitting around, but I am really just trying to keep the shadow relatively stock for now. I am thinking about just installing the old injectors and map at this point.

cordes
12-10-2007, 09:15 PM
I am getting ready to go and change my oil. That cal was running so rich I have gas in the oil. :(

The only real difference between the fueling in the two cals was the scaling of the cold fuel curves. My previous cal did not have an o2 feedback either, but I am not sure what that would have to do with such a difference in how rich it runs.