PDA

View Full Version : Quick cam question...

moparzrule
11-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Cindy on the site your F3 cam has less lift than the F2. Is this just a typo and you have them reversed or did you specifically make the F3 with low lift but high duration? F2 you have .467 lift and the F3 says .460 lift.
Anyways I do have another question, can I run the F3 with the mopar heavy duty springs? I think they are the 813's.

glhs727
11-27-2007, 12:34 AM
that is not a typo. We did that for a reason and the f2 and f3 are meant for different set-ups. You can call us, if you aren't sure what may be best suited for your application. The f1 cam works good with the mopar 813 springs, all others are better suited to the mopar 061 springs. BUT all our cams will work with the Crane valve springs we sell. (and they are less expensive than the mopar springs).
Thanks,
Cindy

turbovanmanČ
11-27-2007, 02:34 AM
Not to hijack but any dyno results of the new cams vs the old ones?

moparzrule
11-27-2007, 07:25 AM
that is not a typo. We did that for a reason and the f2 and f3 are meant for different set-ups. You can call us, if you aren't sure what may be best suited for your application. The f1 cam works good with the mopar 813 springs, all others are better suited to the mopar 061 springs. BUT all our cams will work with the Crane valve springs we sell. (and they are less expensive than the mopar springs).
Thanks,
Cindy

Based on your descriptions my setup needs the F3 or even F4. The car isn't a DD, and has a ported head, hybrid turbo, large IC, and 3'' exhaust.
I like the sound of those crane springs, but what I don't understand is the 813's say that they are for cams with lift up to 460. If the F3 has 460 lift why couldn't I run the F3 on everything I currently have?
Thanks so far cindy.