PDA

View Full Version : Got myself into Jags - this will be ugly

J&H Ryan
11-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Bought the fiance a 1999 XK8. Needs a front end. I knew it would be more difficult than the grand prix I'm used to, but there isnt anything out there like there is "fleet domestics" If you know anyone reputable that sells parts for these things, lmk. Until then, I'll be buying parts for cheap one by one. I've been quoted up to $6400 for what I need - forget that...

mech1nxh
11-22-2007, 08:09 AM
If you know anyone reputable that sells parts for these things, lmk.

I have an contact, (dated now 3 yrs ), but I will get what info I can
after TurkeyDay . might be beneficial ,might be poop. but I will look
Her up.

rbryant
11-22-2007, 02:02 PM
What a Jag says about you: You have so much money that you can afford to have your car in the shop 260 days out of the year.

;)

-Rich

J&H Ryan
11-22-2007, 02:38 PM
What a Jag says about you: You have so much money that you can afford to have your car in the shop 260 days out of the year.

;)

-Rich
Ha - I've driven a TD for 7 years. I figure I can learn the car and do everything myself.

And as far as image - yeah... She just likes the car because of the way it looks, not because its anything special. I wont have much into it either if I can be smart about parts.

J&H Ryan
11-23-2007, 12:10 AM
I have an contact, (dated now 3 yrs ), but I will get what info I can
after TurkeyDay . might be beneficial ,might be poop. but I will look
Her up.
Oh, and thanks!

RoadWarrior222
11-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Aha...ha... hahahaa ... hah ... haa *ahem*

It's probably the platform sharing with the DB-7 that puts the parts through the roof. I think you done got the spendiest jag apart from the XJ-220.

You might wanna develop a UK contact, it's possible that you could save a bunch importing stuff yourself.

Jackrabbit
11-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Man, my XJ6 was a nightmare to work on. Even changing the belts was a losing battle.
I hope you have better luck with yours.

J&H Ryan
11-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Heh, I might end up getting a parts car, we'll see. At least fixing this car is worth my time. I've spend hundreds of hours working on cars that arent worth anywhere near five digits...

Subliminal
11-30-2007, 09:23 AM
This place has an online catalog for VW and they have pretty good prices on OEM equipment. Looks like you need to fill out a form with what you need for Jag parts, and they'll get back to you.

Probably worth a shot, though:

http://www.germanautoparts.com/jaguarcontact.php