PDA

View Full Version : '87 GLHS Moon Roof Molding

jaxtona
11-21-2007, 01:14 AM
I just had my GLHS painted and I am looking for a replacement molding that
seals around the perimeter of the glass. Has anyone ever replaced this molding with either a stock piece or know of a good alternative?
Appreciate any feed back on this.

87glhs232
11-21-2007, 12:07 PM
I just had my GLHS painted and I am looking for a replacement molding that
seals around the perimeter of the glass. Has anyone ever replaced this molding with either a stock piece or know of a good alternative?
Appreciate any feed back on this.

There has been no progress on finding a replacement seal that bonds to the perimeter of the glass. :mad: It is easily the worst looking part on my car.

2.216VTurbo
11-21-2007, 01:42 PM
I was able to find one at the dealer but that was more than five years ago and they searched all the dealerships to find that one. It's an odd piece because there are muliple metal sections covered with rubber so it can make the corner bends. I have never seen a JC Whitney piece that is even close:mad:

Sounds like you have quite the fleet in Washington, welcome to TM./com:D If you search and do find something that works, update us;)

87glhs232
11-21-2007, 01:54 PM
^:amen:

jaxtona
11-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the information and quick response. I will keep searching and I may have to look into having one custom made. I will let you know what I find.

Yes, I do have quite the fleet. We have quite a few enthusiasts in our area.
It would pretty cool to get a west coast show together sometime in the future.

87glhs232
11-21-2007, 11:52 PM
We have quite a few enthusiasts in our area.
It would pretty cool to get a west coast show together sometime in the future.

Yes there are quite a few. I used to live in Oly, I bought my 'S down in Hillsboro, OR. It's where I got my start in TD's.

A west coast show would be awesome!