PDA

View Full Version : Putting a 3" TU exhaust on my Spirit

TurbododgePirate
11-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Well, I have a Rick Diogo downpipe, and daytona exhaust that I bought from Chris that I am adapting for my 1991 Spirit RT.

Today I cut off the old exhaust. The DP bolts came off nicely and after 2 cuts the exhaust was off.

The 3" donut fit nicely, as did the bracket to hold the DP in place. Everything went smoothly. Even on short ramps and a gravel driveway.

Next I put on a 3" cat that I ordered a long time ago. It was slip fit, and I put 2 SS band clamps around each end.

Since Chris and I talked and we weren't sure how long a piece I would need after the cat, I used a old piece of 3" that I had from another exhaust system build. It was just the right size.

Next piece was the "s" curve that bends around the gas tank. It has one welded on bracket that goes on the tunnel side.

Since I was in my driveway, and didn't have jackstands, that is as far as I got today.

To finish it I will need to snake the last pipe over the axle and attach a Muffler.

So far everything has gone excellent.

Just to let everyone know. I live in Southwestern PA. It took UPS 10 days to deliver the package, everything came nice and neat and well packaged. Hopefully when I am done I'll be able to give Chris a good length number for the pipe that goes from the DP to the S pipe.

So far for this I ordered:

Downpipe
Cat
3" Daytona exhaust
muffler
4 SS Exhaust band clamps

For the RT I have also ordered the FMM, Tranny Mount, and shifter bushings.

The FMM went easy as pie. I still haven't done the bushings or the tranny mount.

Regards~~Heath Farquhar

Chris W
11-20-2007, 09:33 PM
THANKS for the update Heath.:thumb: Please keep us updated on your progress.

Chris-TU