PDA

View Full Version : Temporary hold on ShelGame cal stuff...

ShelGame
11-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Sorry, guys - I'm going to have to put a temporary hold on all new cal stuff orders/requests. I'll of course support my exsisting customers as much as possible. All my outstanding orders will be completed as promised.

This is likely to be only for the next few months, as it appears I will be moving my family to the Charlotte, NC area this winter. I'm just going to be too busy to take on new work and turn it around in a decent amount of time.

Details on the new job likely to follow (once they're nailed down)...

cordes
11-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Congrats on the new job Rob. I can't wait to hear about it.

Only a couple more people will need to leave the state before Mario is the last man standing.

Mario
11-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Congrats and good luck.

Congrats on the new job Rob. I can't wait to hear about it.

Only a couple more people will need to leave the state before Mario is the last man standing.

Yeah no kidding.

shadow88
11-17-2007, 01:13 PM
ShelGame has a PM

csx452
11-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Congrats on the new job Rob. Good luck with the move. :D
Frank H.

turbovanman²
11-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Good luck and congrats, :thumb:

JDAWG
11-17-2007, 04:57 PM
good luck mane

bradp
11-17-2007, 11:02 PM
I hope your far enough away from Kevin (Dodgez) that he doesn't corrupt you.:D Just kidding, I still miss the South in the winter.

ShelGame
11-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Anyone on here from the Charlotte area? Actually, between Cornelius and Mooresville? I think that's where we'll be looking...

Turbo3Iroc
11-18-2007, 11:16 AM
I still miss the South in the winter.

I second that.

Good luck on your move and new job Rob.

badandy
11-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Anyone on here from the Charlotte area? Actually, between Cornelius and Mooresville? I think that's where we'll be looking...

Dude! You will be like 1.5 hours from me!:D

mcsvt
11-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Dude! You will be like 1.5 hours from me!:D

That's about as bad as being near Kevin (DodgeZ) ;)

butchsuppe
11-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Your gonna miss those cold Michigan winters, I know I DIDN,T when I move to California from Detroit.:D

t3rse
11-19-2007, 09:46 AM
oh snap, you're going to have to sell out and hang out on the local board! haha. there are many on boostedmopar that are pretty close, and we have some kick --- cookouts!

BIGBRUDDA
11-19-2007, 10:05 AM
MOORESVILLE!! You ain't gone all NASCAR on us did-ye?:confused:

B82Colwell
11-19-2007, 02:27 PM
that's a bummer, everyone is leaving michigan... had I known you were so close to my parents house in Dexter MI, I would have tried to hang out more!

good luck with the new job!

WLKivett
11-19-2007, 02:31 PM
I live in Charlotte. If you’re interested in getting data on different neighborhoods just shoot me a PM. What part of town will your new job be in? Traffic from the north side into town is becoming a B***h.

Moorsville has an 1/8 mile but Charlotte is building a 1/4 mile strip at LMS.

Best Regards,
Landon Kivett

DodgeZ
11-21-2007, 07:02 AM
This is likely to be only for the next few months, as it appears I will be moving my family to the Charlotte, NC area this winter. I'm just going to be too busy to take on new work and turn it around in a decent amount of time.

Lots of good jobs in Charlotte. Traffic there sucks tho. I maybe looking for work up that way also. Well less my boss bumps my pay. If I move up that way I would prolly get something in South Carolina still. You can live SC and still be real close to Charlotte. By Carowinds theme park. I have a buddy who moved up that way that lives in that area. Very nice place.

I hope your far enough away from Kevin (Dodgez) that he doesn't corrupt you.:D Just kidding, I still miss the South in the winter.

:evil: Maybe I'll finally have someone to show me how to make cals LOL

ShelGame
11-21-2007, 05:12 PM
MOORESVILLE!! You ain't gone all NASCAR on us did-ye?:confused:

Not yet :)

WLKivett
11-26-2007, 08:37 PM
The area between Mooresville and Cornelius is nice. Just 10-15 years ago the area was rural farm land, but the zoning around Lake Norman was changed and it’s become a playground for the well to do. There are a few older neighborhoods of farm houses surrounded by scores of McMansions. The older neighborhoods will be less expensive than the new stuff.

The little town of Davidson (just north of Cornelius) is very nice, it's wrapped around a private college and homes their can be very pricy. Also the closer to the Lake Norman you get the nicer / more expensive the homes get.

Best Regards,
Landon Kivett

ShelGame
11-27-2007, 02:49 PM
What can you guys from the area say about Huntersville?

WLKivett
11-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Huntersville is growing like a weed, with rapid growth comes traffic, the DOT has been hard pressed to keep up. It's south of Lake Norman, so it's less expensive but with lake spill over (persons that can't afford lake properties but want to be close to the life style are moving there). There are older homes in the area that are quite charming and reasonably priced.

Will you be working in the Charlotte city limits? Just an FYI on the traffic, I work in the shadow of downtown Charlotte and a few co-workers live in Mooresville. At rush hour with no accidents it’s an hour commute for them, its stop and go interstate most of the way. I’d assume Huntersville to downtown Charlotte would take 30-40 min at rush hour. At off peak time the commutes times are cut in half.

Best Regards,
Landon Kivett

ShelGame
11-28-2007, 03:54 PM
No, I won't be working in downtown. Maybe Huntersville, Concord, Mooresville, or Cornelius (so far)...

WLKivett
11-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Look at houses after you know where you will be working, and make sure you travel away from charlotte in the morning and towards charlotte in the afternoon. That way you'll be going against most traffic.

Best Regards,
Landon Kivett

Pandemoniac
12-03-2007, 12:35 AM
I live between Mooresville & China Grove, kind of in the country. Morresville is a nice town but the closer you get to lake norman the more congested it gets.
Hope I get a chance to meet you before I leave for the Air Force! My car's itching for a rather unique chip once you get settled.

ShelGame
12-19-2007, 11:42 AM
What are the car emissions regs like in NC? Any testing? What can you get away with as far as car mods go? Here in MI, it's open season - no testing....

WLKivett
12-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Sniffer test at idle and a visual inspection for emissions components.

I always had to pull off my extra injectors off the csx and put a stock air box and catalytic converter back on to pass the visual inspection.

Best Regards,
Landon Kivett

ShelGame
12-19-2007, 02:30 PM
So, engine swaps are tough, huh?

WLKivett
12-19-2007, 02:53 PM
You have to maintain the compliancy of emissions components for the year car. If the motor is newer to only has to meet the emissions of the car year unless the car is 25 years or older.

My 82 Rampage has an 89 common block with turbo, but sense the car is 25 years old it just gets a safety inspection.

I will point out that some shops are more lenient to modifications than others, the big chain store outlets will be the toughest to pass, and the smaller mom and pop shops will pass modified cars in hopes of getting repeat business.

Best Regards,
Landon Kivett

ShelGame
01-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Well, shucks, looks like I didn't get the job. So, embargo lifted! I can/will do cals once again. PM with your needs.

Also, I'm getting started on a PC-based datalogger that will (hopefully) work with all our ECU's (87-91 at least!).