PDA

View Full Version : WTB Chrysler/TC Wheels

mwrenn
11-17-2007, 03:06 AM
Anybody have a set of Masi-TC wheels they want to sell? I need a set of four.
Thanks, Mike

Xtrempickup
11-17-2007, 07:27 AM
i sent you a pm on TD and posted link to pictures in your thread there.

mwrenn
11-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Left you a post at TD.:eyebrows:
Mike

2.216VTurbo
11-20-2007, 02:08 AM
Seems odd to me, you are from Whiteriver AZ and there are over 100 sets of TC wheels in White Mountain Lake AZ. :D Coincidence??

Clay
11-20-2007, 09:41 AM
IN A LAKE????? :yuck:

2.216VTurbo
11-20-2007, 01:34 PM
IN A LAKE????? :yuck:

It's a city Doofus;) It happens to be where the worlds only TC Maserati specific Boneyard is located.

Parts are not cheap from this particular yard, it'd be cheaper to buy Extremes' wheels:)

Clay
11-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I figured the city part. But I also figured that it would prompt you to tell me WTH you were talking about! ;)

mwrenn
11-20-2007, 10:56 PM
It's a city Doofus;) It happens to be where the worlds only TC Maserati specific Boneyard is located.

Parts are not cheap from this particular yard, it'd be cheaper to buy Extremes' wheels:)

Dude, I didn't even know this yard existed, Whiteriver is on the Apache Reservation, I'll check out White Mountain Lakes, I don't even know where the hell it is.:confused2:

2.216VTurbo
11-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Dude, I didn't even know this yard existed, Whiteriver is on the Apache Reservation, I'll check out White Mountain Lakes, I don't even know where the hell it is.:confused2:

www.tcparts.com

It's a private yard, he rarely does retail and even then only for TC Club of America members. It's where the insurance companies get their parts from.

Xtrempickup
11-20-2007, 11:24 PM
wheels still sold right?

mwrenn
11-21-2007, 03:12 AM
wheels still sold right?

YEP! I still want em:D Deal is already made. Check will be sent tomorrow:clap:

mwrenn
11-21-2007, 03:19 AM
www.tcparts.com

It's a private yard, he rarely does retail and even then only for TC Club of America members. It's where the insurance companies get their parts from.

Cool, thanks for the info. Wonder if he has a 16V Masi for my Lancer.:dancingbana:

2.216VTurbo
11-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Cool, thanks for the info. Wonder if he has a 16V Masi for my Lancer.:dancingbana:

Um huh. Got $5K to spend:o ?

bradp
11-21-2007, 07:26 PM
$5k for a motor for a TD? I can buy about 5-6 Nice SHelby Z's for that....LOL

Xtrempickup
11-21-2007, 08:18 PM
yes but you wont have a 16V masi headed 2.2L

mwrenn
11-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Um huh. Got $5K to spend:o ?
http://www.bgchrysler.com/What_s_New/what_s_new.html
Check out the 16v engines here, or a Masi head with 500 miles runtime. $2K
It's a lot of money, but man they sure look cool.:eyebrows:
Man, you know a 2.2L with a 16V head is gonna be a hotrod with just a little tweaking.;)

Mike

Xtrempickup
11-21-2007, 09:34 PM
just as an aside, i was willing to sell my spare and everything to make it work a couple months back from a running car for 2700$. nobody wanted it, only Alan, but he can tell you that his 500$ masi motors are even better priced than mine

2.216VTurbo
11-22-2007, 01:01 AM
just as an aside, i was willing to sell my spare and everything to make it work a couple months back from a running car for 2700$. nobody wanted it, only Alan, but he can tell you that his 500$ masi motors are even better priced than mine

They are not all $500.:p Paid $2300. for one motor, $1300. for a just a head and IN/EX manifold. TWO local guys paid over $4K for thier powerplants... I'd go $2700. if I needed a motor, for now I am pretty well set on the spares;) ...

mwrenn
11-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Well, it's gonna be at least a year before I can afford to think about swapping out my 8v motor. Maybe this is the wrong thread, but are there any significant issues with the Masi head? Parts availability for valves, springs etc...? I like the TIII head, but it has some issues, and the 2.4L head seems like a lot of work. Any input would be appreciated.

Happy Turkey Day!!!! Mike

bradp
11-22-2007, 11:28 AM
I think for the $$$$ I would go Hybrid...Even though Alan's cars are extremely cool.:hail: His GLHS is even nicer in person...

Xtrempickup
11-22-2007, 11:39 AM
no significant issues like a TIII other than parts are not available unless you have a lot of cash, or are willing to take the time and spend the cash

2.216VTurbo
11-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Well, it's gonna be at least a year before I can afford to think about swapping out my 8v motor. Maybe this is the wrong thread, but are there any significant issues with the Masi head? Parts availability for valves, springs etc...? I like the TIII head, but it has some issues, and the 2.4L head seems like a lot of work. Any input would be appreciated.

Happy Turkey Day!!!! Mike

It's your thread Mike, steer it anyway you want;)

You wont have to twist my arm to talk about the Masi 16V powerplants:eyebrows: Out of the box the flow numbers are very similar to the TIII heads but as soon as you start porting them, the Masi head gains flow like mad:clap: The exhaust can be made to far outlow the intake (remember when tuners thought that was a bad thing:D ?). Also there are no lifters to pump up/collapse, no rockers to wear out or go otherwise astray, the set up is compact 'shim over bucket' style, the cam lobes are directly over the valves/buckets. What that means is put enough valvespring in there and you could spin it to 10K RPMS if you wanted.:evil: Inline four sportbikes are set up that way and plenty of those motors see 15K!

Thanks to the efforts of Rick Diogo we now have OS aftermarket (inconel) valves to replace the questionable stockers, upgraded springs (single like stock or double for that extra 2K rpms;) ) guides and seals, Cometic MLS headgaskets, and to be released soon, cams with an extra .130 of lift. Stock cams are a very mellow profile with only .326 of lift.

There are a few motors being built right now that will show the Masi 16V motors capable of a streetable 600 HP. Just a prediction of mine but I am sticking to it:amen: We already know the head flow numbers are there to support that much...

Here are some pics comparing the TIII head to the Masi. Masi has ind intake runners, and four bolts/studs around each exhaust port. that's the easiest way to tell them apart in the pics.

mwrenn
11-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Alan, Thanks for the input. Looks like the masi head might cool better, water jackets around the combustion chamber. I really like the idea of the shim over bucket valvetrain, your right, I had a KZ900 ZI bike that was marked redline at 10k. I would run it up to 13K everday after work with no problem.
I remember dialing in the shims with a surface grinder to tighten up the valve train.

I also have not so good memories of building up a Ford 428 CJ for a friends 1968 GT500 Shelby Cobra. We put in a hi lift cam, with a 900?cfm predator carb. Anyway, the first time we raced it the rocker arm shaft studs got pulled out of the heads from the extra lift. Broke the shafts, stripped out the heads etc....Back to the drawing board on that one. Finally put a stock cam back in.

Iconel valves are the s**t, thats all we use on aircraft powerplants. .326 isn't a lot of lift, that extra .130 should help a bunch.:eyebrows: I plan on using electromotive's Tech3r system to control the engine, so far I've only read about it, but it looks pretty good. Should idle ok even with more lift.

I've got a tentative budget of $10K to build the engine and trans. Target hp is 400. Looks like the Masi would be a good fit within those guidelines.

Thanks again! Mike

2.216VTurbo
11-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Alan, Thanks for the input. Looks like the masi head might cool better, water jackets around the combustion chamber. I really like the idea of the shim over bucket valvetrain, your right, I had a KZ900 ZI bike that was marked redline at 10k. I would run it up to 13K everday after work with no problem.
I remember dialing in the shims with a surface grinder to tighten up the valve train.

I also have not so good memories of building up a Ford 428 CJ for a friends 1968 GT500 Shelby Cobra. We put in a hi lift cam, with a 900?cfm predator carb. Anyway, the first time we raced it the rocker arm shaft studs got pulled out of the heads from the extra lift. Broke the shafts, stripped out the heads etc....Back to the drawing board on that one. Finally put a stock cam back in.

Iconel valves are the s**t, thats all we use on aircraft powerplants. .326 isn't a lot of lift, that extra .130 should help a bunch.:eyebrows: I plan on using electromotive's Tech3r system to control the engine, so far I've only read about it, but it looks pretty good. Should idle ok even with more lift.

I've got a tentative budget of $10K to build the engine and trans. Target hp is 400. Looks like the Masi would be a good fit within those guidelines.

Thanks again! Mike

Target HP 400?? Leave the head all stock and put a big IC and turbo on there, about all you need to hit 400 with a Masi head;)

mwrenn
11-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Yeah, planning on ChrisW's tranny buster turbo, already have a Isuzu NPR intercooler. The Tech3r I can setup to do phased injection instead of batch fired, I should also be able to set pulse width and duration. Planning on using a 4 cylinder EGT gauge to setup my mixture. It's what I use on airplanes to keep the mix rich of stochiometric(SP)? when gaining altitude. Keeps the engines cooler under load at about 10 to 1 ratio. Gonna be fun to mess with!

I'm glad to here that 400hp should be easily attainable, I want the car to be bulletproof reliable, daily driver, and still be able to smoke a Porsche Cayanne(SP)?

Later, MIKE