PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1989 Csx Vnt

87ShelbyZ
11-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Low Miles 55k :D runs and drives great, Only missing the gfx... interior is mint pics will come soon Price is 4k OBO
:thumb:
801-414-8846

Turbodave
11-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Where is it located?

BadAssPerformance
11-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Pics?

Anonymous_User
11-15-2007, 04:54 AM
I believe '801' is area code in Utah.

86GLHS
11-15-2007, 04:59 AM
Ya he is located in Salt Lake area. Magna I believe.

turbokid
11-15-2007, 11:36 AM
:needpics1:

87ShelbyZ
11-27-2007, 07:50 PM
here are Some Pics.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/3-1.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/1196205635.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/1196205633.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/2-2.jpg

As you can see its been hijacked of its GFX and rear spoiler:mad:
Which is the only reason I really dont want it... And its Xmas season... LOL But it runs great and only 55k Original Miles... Fiber Rides are still there tho and in decent shape.

4k OBO its worth it for a very low mile VNT CSX.... just needs to be cleaned up as its very dirty from sitting for a few years... But I will clean it up before it sells lol...

I would consider Trades for only the Following

86 GLHS good running and decent shape
87 GLHS good running and decent shape
GLHT Must be blue or black and have grey Interior I hate red:yuck:

And GLHT's Must be T2 converted and Run good with NO problems

Or possible Trade for 87/88 Shelby Z Daytona White With T Tops and grey Interior 555 Trans and True 2 Plus Cash Or 90 and up Daytona's but must be 5 speed and of equal value or trade plus Cash...
Also would Consider running driving non problematic T3 Cars...
let me know.

BadAssPerformance
11-27-2007, 08:42 PM
What car number?

87ShelbyZ
11-30-2007, 07:48 PM
bump no one wants a solid low mile running CSX VNT

BadAssPerformance
11-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Got any more pics?

Turbodave
11-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Have you got any higher resolution pictures? Those pics don't do the car much justice if it's as nice as you described.

TurbododgePirate
12-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Those look like the same pics form the one that was on craigslist in louisville ky. Is this the same car?

Xtrempickup
12-03-2007, 11:34 PM
no the one in kentucky got bought and had no paint, just rust on the hood

TurbododgePirate
12-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Sorry, the low post count and sketchy pics just made me a little apprehensive of what it is. Still it looks like the one from Ky, I know it was purchased, but how many times have we seen seller using other peoples pics to sell their car.

2.216VTurbo
12-04-2007, 12:02 AM
bump no one wants a solid low mile running CSX VNT

I think yet another example of one man's mint is another's uh, marginal. After all, you told us in an earlier post 'interior is mint' Here is what I see, leather on steering wheel is totally worn thru at the top. Big stain (or maybe a hole?) in the drivers seat. Trash or other detritus on passenger set. A big rope possibly for towing the car... Center console is broken or is it just too much trouble to close it for the pics?

If car really will clean up THEN CLEAN IT and take some decent pics that haven't been photoshopped:confused:

mwrenn
12-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Yeah!!! What ^ he said. It actually looks pretty hammered. I think that Kentucky car had a lot more rust on the hood. lol

87ShelbyZ
12-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Dam you all are negative... I figured I would get a positive response, but instead I get insults hurled at me and the car.

If your not interested in the car then dont say anything, Your just wasting everyones time.

It is what it is a low mile numbered shelby csx for a fair price what more could you want? I mean seriously I see lots of you complaining about finding low mile numbered cars in good solid shape being hard to find and yet one comes up and it gets attacked. I mean isnt that strange?

Its not a perfect car it has flaws like every other older car around. But its solid and most the shelby items are there minus spoiler and gfx... But it runs well. Isnt that whats most important?
Do you really have to be negative and critique it as if it were a barrett jackson auction?
Yeah I know its dirty but its not torn up and its complete and you wanted pictures and thats all I had at the time forgive me for trying to at least make an attempt to get something on here since everyone was so impatient.

Its simple if you are interested in the car and have questions ask me and I will answer as best I can. I dont know the cars entire history But I will just keep it if need be and have a great running low mile Shelby numbered car if people cant be decent about it.
And no Its not photoshopped just certain things covered for privacy reasons and I have never used anyones photos to sell my cars so I suggest in the future you know your facts before you make such an indisious claim again.

Thanx and have a nice day.
And for those turly interested feel free to pm me.

BadAssPerformance
12-04-2007, 07:17 PM
OK, first off, 87ShelbyZ is correct in saying that if you are not interested in possibly buying it or finding out more info on it, please do not post about it. Board rules prohibit comments saying it cost too much (or commenst reffering to that it is not worth the asking price) and it is his right to ask whatever he wants for it.

With that said, and as previously mentioned by Turbodave, it would greatly help the promotion of the described condition of the car if there were more pictures and higher resolution pictures. Especially if someone would like to check the car out well before travelling a far way to get it.

Scottmon
12-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Those look like the same pics form the one that was on craigslist in louisville ky. Is this the same car?

Nope, I bought that one. Hood has a surface rust SPOT, not ALL rusted, LOL. Rest of the car is rustfree, just has paint fade.

I can assure you, the car for sale in this thread is *NOT* the one that was listed on the Louisville Craigslist.

glhs727
12-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Devin,
You shouldn't take it personally what people are telling you. Since you are pretty far away, most people would want to see some pretty detailed pictures of the car before they travel halfway across the US to buy it.
It looks like the pictures were taken with a cell phone, maybe that's why the quality is poor. Take better pictures, it will help sell the car. Also take pictures of the underside floorpans, interior front and back seats, the dash plaque, entire engine, not just the valve cover, all 4 sides of the car. This way the buyer won't be suprised.
The car looks pretty beat for a 55K original car. and asking a premium price for a car that looks that rough is going to be a tough sell. It would be advisable to clean it really good before taking pictures. Add in the fact that the ground EFX are the most valuable part of the csx-vnt, and that the peices are non existent and expensive if you can find them, really lowers the value. The way the car looks now, you would be lucky to get 2K.
Also if the car has been sitting for a few years, mechanically that isn't good. Have you actually driven this car?
There are plenty of other TD guys in SLC, how about having Cory or Tyler or another list member take a look at it, and give their evaltuation, and they could take some pictures if you don't have a decent camera.
Good Luck on your sale.
Cindy

87ShelbyZ
12-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah they was taken with an older camera phone lol... And Yeah its pretty dirty, But will get a good long bath in the next few days.

I have a better camera phone now 3.0 Megapixels so next pics will be better. But I just wanted to get something up here for now so people could at least have an idea...As for any local guys Probably the only one I think that would/could give an honest/non biased opinion would be Brett, But he is so busy its hard to pin down a good time.

I plan to go thru and make a thorough inspection of the car and will take as many detailed pictures of it as I can.

If all else there is a local car collector that is more than willing to give 3 grand for it. But I figured post it here for the Shelby Lovers and give them first shot at it instead of just some guy who would sell it to who knows what kind of person....

87ShelbyZ
12-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Finally got the car home lol damn it was a pita.
It was dirty inside like you wouldnt believe. But The interior is solid and not torn up just really dirty.
But the car is really solid and just needs to be freshened up and needs a bath and it will be great. Oh btw who can run my car history for me and find out if its a wide tire car or not, It dont have the recaros like I thought cause the round recaro thing isnt on the seat.

Turbodave
12-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Finally got the car home lol damn it was a pita.
It was dirty inside like you wouldnt believe. But The interior is solid and not torn up just really dirty.
But the car is really solid and just needs to be freshened up and needs a bath and it will be great. Oh btw who can run my car history for me and find out if its a wide tire car or not, It dont have the recaros like I thought cause the round recaro thing isnt on the seat.

Devin, If you get me the VIN# I can tell you whether or not it was a wide tire car.

87ShelbyZ
12-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Ok Bump. I have a few more pictures but they are hard to get online from my helio phone lol I can pic message them to whoever is truly interested in the car.
The good:
55k original miles Runs and drives
Newer Motor mounts all around according to previous owner.
Solid interior once its detailed will be super nice(its really dirty right now from sitting for a few years.) not torn up all shelby items inside
No RUST from anywhere I could see
Fiberides are all there with 4 Brand new tires.
Shelby VC is there along with fender tag.

The Bad
Its missing the GFX and rear spoiler, I did however locate them in some small wyoming town...
One wheel has a scratch in it nothing that affects wheel stability just right by the lug nuts.
The alternator is bad but that should be fixed shortly
And The steering column is being replaced due to a previous theft attempt breaking the ignition and all the column pieces, But it also will be fixed before sold.

I was asking 4k before and I realized maybe a bit high even with the low miles due to missing gfx. But I would take 3000 as is or if I find all the GFX and spoiler I want 4k.. Cause it is a complete solid low mile numbered Car, And I know how hard it is to find one with low miles thats rust free and has most shelby items intact.

I will not post more pics here because every time I do some people only want to critique the car as if it was a barret jackson auction and I dont want or need the negative insults/comments and dont want to waste any time with such things. Also would consider cash/trades... but only for the following
True T2 GLHT's/GLHS's
True T2 Shelby Charger's/GLHS's
True T2 Shelby Daytona's(Must be 5 speed and prefer white with grey interior)
T3 Cars
Cars must be in good solid running driving shape.
So if your interested or have any questions please call 801-414-8846..

Turbo224
12-21-2007, 05:13 PM
:censored: Unbelievable.........

87ShelbyZ
12-21-2007, 05:57 PM
whats unbelievable and what about thread crapping ? im curious as to the reason for your comment tyler

xdig
12-21-2007, 07:38 PM
whats unbelievable and what about thread crapping ? im curious as to the reason for your comment tyler

"There are plenty of other TD guys in SLC, how about having Cory or Tyler or another list member take a look at it, and give their evaltuation"

"As for any local guys Probably the only one I think that would/could give an honest/non biased opinion would be Brett"

Devin, you just called every TD owner in Utah (except Brett) untrustworthy. What do you think?

87ShelbyZ
12-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Oh... It wasn't meant that way, It seems that alot of what I say gets taken wrong or out of context. That and I guess my wording was not the best, But my point is true.... THE MAJORITY of the guys here couldnt give an honest or UNBIASED OPINION of MY CAR for one reason or another. With that said I will say the reason I feel that way is caus I feel some negativty from some of the guys here and I personally dont feel those certain people would/could be fair and give a fair evaluation due to either personal opinion or their own motivations.
With that said I honestly didnt even consider you Dave cause your so busy with your stuff I didnt consider even asking you...SO if you took my words towards you I apologize I do consider you a stand up honest guy... And in no way was directed toward you. And I know you would be fair... But I honestly dont feel the same about all the other local guys(Sorry but thats my honest heart felt opinion based on a few things) and for good reason 2 but that dont need to be discussed here.
Anyways.... hope that clears some things up.
Free bump lol

iTurbo
12-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Still no good pics?

I know there is a guy named Casey in Casper (WY) with an '89 CSX. Did he part his car out (refering to the gfx in some small wyoming town)??

87ShelbyZ
12-23-2007, 12:51 PM
no the guy was named doug and he was going to sell the shelby stuff and use it as a circle track car :mad: and the ground effects was pulled off so they wouldn't break from the low bumpy roads. the car was in rock springs when i got it. And the gfx was left at some guys house outside rock springs and i cant post pics from my phone but i sent some to clayton and alex so maybe they will throw them up here for me

87ShelbyZ
12-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Bump... Need this car gone SO I can start finishing my GLHS.

There is a wrecked one with more miles going for 2500 so My price seems very reasonable..

Darkapollo
12-26-2007, 07:52 PM
that one isnt sold yet... and its mostly intact..

turbokid
12-26-2007, 09:37 PM
have everything to put it back together but the numbered plate and the front air dam

It'll buff out =)

Turbo224
12-27-2007, 01:57 AM
Bump... Need this car gone SO I can start finishing my GLHS.

There is a wrecked one with more miles going for 2500 so My price seems very reasonable..

There is a complete running driving 89 on TD with ALL the shelby stuff minus the front air dam going for $1350. So "very reasonable" is a very subjective statement.

Hard to beat 55 k though. Free Bump.

Darkapollo
12-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Ill give ya $100 for it.
Got any better pics yet?

87ShelbyZ
12-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Ill give ya $100 for it.
Got any better pics yet?

Are you FREAKIN KIDDING me? :censored: either your trying to be funny or you think Im stupid the door panels alone are worth more than that Hell I could sell the fiberides for 500 cash let alone the rest of the car. Seriously if your going to be an --- and make ignorant comments about the car or me and your not interested dont post here and waste my time with your ignorant comments. Take your insults elsewhere... Now if your trying to be funny ..... well you aint.:censored:

I would take no less than 2800 cash cause those other 2 have 140k miles and the motor is tired and the gfx are kind of damaged and the other one that has the side and rear gfx is missing the dash plaque and its WRECKED VERY HARD UP FRONT AND HAS A SALVAGE TITLE Mine does NOT.
And mine runs and drives and sounded nice... well until the alternator died :banghead:

But seriously I really like the car but My heart is more set on my S and I need to sell this to pay off the loan on it and get started on it so its not just sitting.

Make real offers or the car goes to a dealer who is willing to give me 3 grand cash for it. I would prefer it to go to a Shelby guy, But I got to do what I got to do...

jl93sundance
01-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I think he was just kidding about the $100, no reason to get mad.

BTW any other pics yet?

87ShelbyZ
01-02-2008, 04:04 PM
No only to those truly interested in the car can have pictures, I honestly didnt appreciate the negative comments directed my way so I would rather not post the pictures because people only want to critique or insult the car.
Plus there are quite a few Hypocrits in the TD community that have a better than anyone else attitude that I want no part of.

I will gladly send pics to anyone who truly is interested in buying the car tho.
Also consider the other CSX VNT's available recently against mine and mine is More than reasonable especially considering evverything.

A wrecked one missing the Dash Plaque and front airdam and a SALVAGE TITLE 2500
Complete but needing cosmetic work and Motor Rebuild 1300(still a hell of a deal)
Complete beautiful 21k mile car.....8500 dollars
Complete 13K mile care also beautiful 10 Grand
Mine 55k Mile great shape needing only the GFX and rear Spoiler 3000 No salvage title or mechanical work needed...
I will not give the car away like the other guy did, As I know what the car is and what its worth, And what it will be worth later on as they get even harder to find. and I have yet to see another CSX VNT in similar shape go for less. if I get no offers soon it goes to either a 17 year old kid with the money in hand(I would rather not believe me, But I have to do whats best for me not anyone else) Or a dealer where who knows what will happen to it(also would rather not do)But they have cash in hand and are willing to pay what its worth.
I would really rather let a TD/SD guy have it first.

Bump.

Turbo224
01-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Devin, you are out of your mind if you think you are going to sell this car with that attitude. How can you honesty believe that you are generating interest with a couple terrible pictures from an old camera phone. If the car is indeed what you say it is, then your price is probably fair. POST SOME PICTURES!

87ShelbyZ
01-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I tried calling you a few times.
But I see your point I just wish others wouldnt act so negative about it especially when they dont even act interested in buying it but seem like they just want to critique every single thing wrong with it as if it was a Junk or parts car. Thats all... And I have pictures on another site Just not here cause of some of the comments people made.
Bump. lol

Darkapollo
01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
with out the shelby items, all you are trying to sell is a glorified Shadow.
And with such bad pictures no one will even consider it.

jl93sundance
01-02-2008, 09:25 PM
how's the paint, I cant tell from the pics? Why don't you post some new pics, so people can see how nice it is as you describe it?

Edit: what site did you post the pics at, there were none on the fs thread for your car on td?

87ShelbyZ
01-03-2008, 07:44 PM
with out the shelby items, all you are trying to sell is a glorified Shadow.
And with such bad pictures no one will even consider it.

Please explain how the gfx and rear spoiler are the only things that make it a shelby?
And how is it a glorified shadow?
Thats the stuff Im talking about negative ignorant comments especially when it seems clear your not interested darkapollo

And the fact is it is a complete running driving numbered shelby and not just a glorified dodge shadow.

If no one is interested in it fine dont comment on it then. And people wonder why I have an attitude...
Fact is the only things the car is missing is the gfx and spoiler IF YOU WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY READ THE AD YOU WOULD HAVE SAW THAT IT HAS EVERY OTHER SHELBY ITEM like the fiberides the dash plaque the valve cover the VNT motor/turbo/ 555 trans/ shelby interior in very good shape...
And with only 55k original miles..
If you dont like my price or think its just a glorified shadow, STOP POSTING IN MY FS THREAD!!! you obviously dont have the faintest idea of what the car is to some people and obviously you aint interested in buying it so why do you care whether or not I post pictures.
Let the people that actually have money and an interest decide for themselves whether or not its just a glorified shadow and whether or not they want to give what I want for it.Its funny because I know 4 a fact if I dropped the price like that other poor guy did to 2 grand everyone would be all nice and be making offers for it cause they would be getting a great deal on a rare low mile numbered shelby for alot less than what its really worth cause most td guys are cheap***** and wouldnt be calling it just a glorified shadow. /Rant off

Anyways Bump and I am willing to do trade plush cash for T2 5 Speed Cars
GLHT'S/GLHS/T2 CB Daytonas etc

Xtrempickup
01-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Beautiful CSX prototype going on Barrett -Jackson this year, i'l be watching to see how much that beauty goes for.

dodgeshadowchik
01-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I would like some better pics as the pics you have on here it looks like the paint is pealing, the interior is extremely dirty. I check this post every day to see if you have better pics, but you never post any. If you want to sell the car I personally would get some better pics. I would only give maybe $2000 because of the poor pics. I am always is the market of another CSX-VNT They are fun cars but when I live in Michigan I cannot just drive to you house and take a look at it.

I would recommend getting better pics of all sides of car, interior, trunk undercarriage, engine compartment, just ask Cindy from FWD when I bought here spare CSX She had to take a lot of pics before I decided to buy the car from here

DC Turismo
01-03-2008, 10:42 PM
No offense my man, but even though people may not be interested in coming out to get it, why not just take their request for a picture with a grain of salt and post better quality pics. of everything? I know that even though I have my CSX already that I'd be interested, as I always am, in seeing additional pics. of any CSX that comes up for sale. But with the way you begin flipping out on any and everyone who posts here in your thread, I didn't even bother until now simply because if you do want to sell something, be pleasant about it. You should be well aware that there are tire kickers no matter where you post things for sale, whether it be in the newspaper or on here. Some people are giving their honest opinions on price though in order to try and help you sell it since it seems like you wish to, and you're jumping on them. To be honest, the CSX I ended up purchasing initially started around the price you are asking. But after discussing things with the seller, such as SHelby specific pieces missing (GFX and rims on mine) they were willing to bargain knowing it was going to a good home. I'm not here to start an argument, but besides your car having 55k original miles, it needs a lot of work.

And I actually did tell the previous owners of my car as well that they basically had a Dodge Shadow on their hands with a dash plaque since it was missing some of the primary pieces :lol:, so I can see where darkapollo is coming from. The GFX and spoiler were a specific aerodynamic package designed by Kaminari only for the 1989 CSX-VNT. The spoiler and front air dam (although it is not exactly correct) are the only pieces still able to be found but are very pricey. The sides are NS1 and are next to impossible to find used. The rear air dam was reproduced by PolyBushings over the summer but not sure if any of those remain. That's why the GFX and spoiler are important for these cars.

Please though, do post additional pictures. It won't do anything except help you sell the car man. :thumb: good luck!

Turbodave
01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Ok, this thread is getting a little out of hand. This is a free market and the seller is allowed to set his price at whatever he chooses. If you don't want to buy the car at his price or with the information he provided, then silence is the best response.

I know most of us are used to a bunch of pictures in every internet ad, but not everybody has a nice digital camera or the means to get a bunch of pictures. Do pictures help sell a car, certainly, but it's really up to the seller to determine how much work he wants to put into advertising it.

I love to see pictures of these cars as much as the next guy, and while I would like to own an 89 CSX eventually I'm just a tire kicker like most people here.

To the seller, if you plan on bumping the thread repeatedly it's just beating a dead horse unless you're adding more pictures or information. This is a tough market to sell to, the folks here are well educated about the cars and what missing parts cost, also many have 2 or 3 cars already, and unless it's a screaming deal it's hard for people to justify bringing another one home. It sounds like you have some potential sales in the works and the opportunity to introduce a new enthusiast to the hobby and there is nothing wrong with that.

87ShelbyZ
01-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Yeah I can understand that Dave... I just got a little irritated with certain comments cause I know as well what these cars are and the fact mine is a very nice car with a little work it would be awesome... I would rather not sell it to a person who didnt know or understand the history behind these cars.. Maybe a non numbered TD like I did with a couple of my other td's (89 Daytona Shelby and 89 Daytona ES Turbo 2.5 520 Trans and 86 Turbo Z and 90 Shadow Es Turbo 2.5 523 Trans)That way they can get started and have a cool car and learn about them before getting a rare numbered car.

Anyways here are some more pics....
And yes its dirrrrrrrrrrrrty the windshield had been broken out and car was covered with a tarp and therefore got very dirty and the broken glass was a pita to get out.
It should have the seats pulled out and cleaned IMO they are nice but dirty I have cleaned the car up a little but a good detail would be nice.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=733005&nid=443&tab=list/view/photo_album&ad=444131&photo_num=2

Ok thats the album they are on...

Any questions call me 801-508-1124 Cause I dont always check this every day.

322maple
01-06-2008, 08:48 PM
I am new to this website, and noticed your ad for the Shelby Shadow, missing spoiler & ground effects. I am in Phoenix, and on Craigslist for Phoenix there is a guy with NOS skirts, spoiler, & grille for sale that is for your car. I emailed him just for grins, and he is asking 900.00 for the lot. Might be worth your while to bring the car back to complete. Hope this helps.

87ShelbyZ
01-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah thanx 322maple I saw it too he said he had sold the side skirts and the front gfx but he still wants 900 for the rest and I said no thanx cause for half that I could get my originals back and cleaned up as well...

Anyways bump I need this car gone soon but will not take less than 2600 I know its worth that and I would rather not sell it to someone who had no idea the history of the car but only wants it cause its fast and has very low miles and runs good.
Come one people dont make me sell this to a high school kid that would probably not care it was a rare numbered shelby....

iTurbo
01-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Pics (good ones) to jeremy.mitchell@bresnan.net

87ShelbyZ
01-08-2008, 03:31 PM
All the pics I have are on that link I posted Jeramy.

rich tideswell
01-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah thanx 322maple I saw it too he said he had sold the side skirts and the front gfx but he still wants 900 for the rest and I said no thanx cause for half that I could get my originals back and cleaned up as well...

Anyways bump I need this car gone soon but will not take less than 2600 I know its worth that and I would rather not sell it to someone who had no idea the history of the car but only wants it cause its fast and has very low miles and runs good.
Come one people dont make me sell this to a high school kid that would probably not care it was a rare numbered shelby....

Where are the orginals and why wouldn't you include them with the sale of the car?

87ShelbyZ
01-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Where are the orginals and why wouldn't you include them with the sale of the car?

Well like I previously said before They are in wyoming and I CANT JUST GO pick them up.. I can not get ahold of the guy that has them.
And for an added price I would make the trip up there. I just cant afford to at this time and have way too many other things to take care of now.

For 2700 dollars for a Numbered 55k original mile car only missing the gfx is a pretty damn good deal either way you look at it.

rich tideswell
01-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Well like I previously said before They are in wyoming and I CANT JUST GO pick them up.. I can not get ahold of the guy that has them.
And for an added price I would make the trip up there. I just cant afford to at this time and have way too many other things to take care of now.

For 2700 dollars for a Numbered 55k original mile car only missing the gfx is a pretty damn good deal either way you look at it.

see td.com for my reply

87ShelbyZ
01-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Bump... 1700 firm without all the shelby specific parts wheels/ VC seats/door panels...

Still has a 55k VNT motor and 555 Trans.

Or buy it as is now for 2600 firm

87ShelbyZ
01-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Bump... Pics are here.. I need this car sold soon and dont want to have to part it or sell it to a local kid....And yes the seats are dirty and need cleaned but are not stained I could detail it and have them, real clean but dont have the time right now... But no tears at all...
:thumb:
I may just pull the motor/trans and sell it as is for 1700 and use the motor trans for my other car...(VNT in an L body sounds fun)

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/01198136096888000000157951_0.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/01198136096848000000157951_0.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/01198136096750000000157951_0.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/01198135561609000000157951_0.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/01198135561509000000157951_0.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/01198134776475000000157951_0.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/01198134664945000000157951_0.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/01198134221085000000157951_0.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/01198134221131000000157951_0.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/Shelby%20Cars/01198134964775000000157951_0.jpg

87ShelbyZ
01-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Bump I really want to get rid of this car since some lowlife broke in and stole my Shelby passenger side plate.... (See my new thread in the lounge)And I dont need some lowlife messing with my cars...
Im willing to work something out thats equally beneficial..
heres what I will consider

1k Plus a Good running T2 Shelby Charger dont have the be GLHS But does have to be true T2.
True T2 GLHT's True T2 5 Speed plus 1k
White T2 5 Speed Shelby Daytona's with dark interior(no red lol) Plus 1k if stock...
Also consider GLHS cars

Someone make an offer I really dont want to part it out... or come give me 2500 and Save it.

clocktowersniper
01-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Such a shame it got this bad. It was once a nice car, now its just a shadow......

ForzaV12
01-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Such a shame it got this bad. It was once a nice car, now its just a shadow......

Really not that bad. Just a Shadow? Hardly. If you removed the hood, konis and steering wheel from a 1965 Shelby GT350, it would not "just be a" Mustang.
This car is worth saving.

Turbodave
01-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks Forza, I agree with you.

Guys, this thread has been crapped in enough, if you don't have anything good to say and aren't looking to buy the car just keep your mouth shut. No more warnings will be given.

BadAssPerformance
01-15-2008, 08:13 PM
+1 Forza! :thumb:

btw, did I miss what number this car is?

87ShelbyZ
01-15-2008, 09:31 PM
its number 209 JT... And yeah it just really needs a good steam cleaning and some love and it will be great.. Im willing to work with the TD/TM/SD guys so this car gets a good home. So make some offers... nothing under 2400 will be considered, As I could keep it and wait till tax time and go get the gfx and put them on and resell if for 3500 easily I think.

Thanx Forza and dave and JT :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
01-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Decent number... if it matched one of my 87's I'd be uber interested ;) Kind of have too many projects now tho :(

87ShelbyZ
01-17-2008, 05:42 PM
LOL thats understandable.

Ok I have the Steering Column being done soon I had to order one online since there was only a red one at any of the local yards...
The car will be running and driving in a week.

Make some offers or I have to sell it to a Non td guy just so I can get my stuff settled.
I will sell it with the recent work done for 2400 as is or 2k WITHOUT THE FIBERIDES.

ForzaV12
01-18-2008, 05:57 PM
LOL thats understandable.

Ok I have the Steering Column being done soon I had to order one online since there was only a red one at any of the local yards...
The car will be running and driving in a week.

Make some offers or I have to sell it to a Non td guy just so I can get my stuff settled.
I will sell it with the recent work done for 2400 as is or 2k WITHOUT THE FIBERIDES.

Did you already order the column? I have a perfect column out of a CSX(with key).

87ShelbyZ
01-18-2008, 07:36 PM
LOL Forza not yet I just found one and had the guy set it aside till I can borrow my friends CC to pay for it. He told me Column only with a key will be 55 shipped to my door.

How much do you want for yours and is it an 89 CSX and have the steering wheel? And I have to make a trip again to L.A. lol
Last time I did that i got hit in the head with a crescent wrench when I picked up the GLHS :confused:

And really I just want to sell it especially now after that guy stole my dash insert the gold CSX one on the passenger side.

ForzaV12
01-19-2008, 01:03 AM
LOL Forza not yet I just found one and had the guy set it aside till I can borrow my friends CC to pay for it. He told me Column only with a key will be 55 shipped to my door.

How much do you want for yours and is it an 89 CSX and have the steering wheel? And I have to make a trip again to L.A. lol
Last time I did that i got hit in the head with a crescent wrench when I picked up the GLHS :confused:

And really I just want to sell it especially now after that guy stole my dash insert the gold CSX one on the passenger side.

I think its for an 89-not sure how to tell the difference. It is perfect. It did have the steering wheel(perfect), but I used it on my 89 CSX and sold the one on the car that wasn't quite as nice. Its just sitting on the shelf in my hanger. You can have it if you'd like, I just don't want to deal with shipping it. If you have someone to pick it up in the next few weeks, its yours. Otherwise, I 'll probably offer it up to the locals when I bring the next batch of unused TD parts to a meeting.

What ever happened to that GLHS?

87ShelbyZ
01-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Still have it. Engine died about a month later, But it killed 2 evo's in one weekend which was fun. :thumb:

I will see what I can do about the column.

87ShelbyZ
01-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Bump, Im considering Ebay since it seems to get alot more hits and more postive response...Offers? :confused2:

Turbo224
01-27-2008, 03:30 AM
Devin, do you have the title for this car?

87ShelbyZ
01-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Why?
Yeah I do, But the guy has not mailed it to me yet and thats also why I aint got the gfx cause he is never home it seems, But I did call the DMV and spoke with the supervisor there and she said if need be I can come in with a bill of sale which i got, 5 or 6 pictures of the car and fill out some paper and pay the registration and I will have a title in 30-days.

Also And more pics......

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0168.jpg... This is the column after I pulled it to replace it with another VNT CSX Column...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0199.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0201.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0202.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0203.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0204.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0206.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0207.jpg... handle is there just pulled off to show no tears underneath.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0208.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0209.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0210.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0211.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0212.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0213.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0214.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0215.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0216.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0217.jpg

87ShelbyZ
01-28-2008, 11:59 PM
And more... And keep in mind I said it is very dirty, Not ripped or torn just dirty and needing a good detail as it sat without a windsheild with just a tarp for a few years, but there is no rust, I checked that....

pics:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0197.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0196.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0216.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0215.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0214.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0213.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0212.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0211.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0210.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0208.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0207.jpg... The handle is there but was taken off to show there was no rips underneath it..

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0217.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0167.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0165.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0164.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0151.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0149.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0147.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0146.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0145.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0144.jpg

87ShelbyZ
01-28-2008, 11:59 PM
And a few more.....http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0143.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0140.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0139.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0136.jpg

87ShelbyZ
01-29-2008, 12:01 AM
I realize its dirty, I dont think its staint cause I sprayed degreaser on some spots and some came off but I didnt have enough time to do the whole car, As I was trying to get pictures as well as what works for cleaning interiors since I have never had to do one this dirty before.

Turbo224
01-29-2008, 03:42 AM
So you dont have the title. I would disclose that to potential buyers if I were you. Its only fair.

xdig
01-29-2008, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE=87ShelbyZ;264736]Why?
Yeah I do, But the guy has not mailed it to me yet and thats also why I aint got the gfx cause he is never home it seems, But I did call the DMV and spoke with the supervisor there and she said if need be I can come in with a bill of sale which i got, 5 or 6 pictures of the car and fill out some paper and pay the registration and I will have a title in 30-days.

Devin, I just got a title for my Lebaron that way. However, they will only issue you a title if the car has not been registered in the last 3 years AND it is valued at less than $1000(that's what the pictures are for). You will also have to have a VIN check done. I had the Taylorsville Police come out and do mine. Good luck with the sale.

dodgeshadowchik
01-29-2008, 10:02 PM
How's the under carriage look any rust? Have any pics of the under carriage some pics of the spare tire well also.
You may not have a lot of time to clean the hole car but you should try to make some time to clean the seats at least. The carpet can be replaced for a reasonable price but the seats are pricey to replace so you should make sure there are no stains in the seats and thats its just dirt

spaceman
01-31-2008, 12:46 PM
atleast clean the seats or wash it ,and get the title ,then you might get some responces you want to hear (just my opion) it might have been a good idea to mension that earlier (about the title),but hope everything works out for you and the buyer

87ShelbyZ
01-31-2008, 11:13 PM
Ok first off if your not interested in the car quit making comments about it in any way shape or form, Im a little peeved cause its more negativity than it needs to be.(not directed towards dave or sherri)

A far as Sherri's Questions

The car is being stored, and I have no way to get pictures of the trunk/funder the car, But I did check last week and there is no rust not even bubbles :thumb:

As for cleaning it its going to cost me around 50-75 to have it detailed, I cant afford to spend any more money or time as I work and have therapy and after all that is my time with my 5 year old son which I cant take out in the cold to work on my car. on the car right now, Hence the for sale ad
As for the title issue
My friends mom is the boss at the dmv and my brother is a state inspector so thats covered, I just havent done it yet cause I figured by now I would have had the original title in the mail by now.

2400 or best offer over 2 grand takes it..
Or 2 grand and a shelby VC and a a/f gauge and boost gauge for my Charger/ or next DD
shiiping is around 5-600 to either Oregon oklahoma and Cali from DaS

87ShelbyZ
02-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Bumpage... any offers?

dodgeshadowchik
02-05-2008, 10:00 PM
The car is being stored, and I have no way to get pictures of the trunk/funder the car, But I did check last week and there is no rust not even bubbles :thumb:

Sorry if I don't take your word on this but I once drove four hours each way to buy a car that only had some surface rust and when I got there I found the roof was rusted though. Making my trip pointless.

If the car doesn't sell and you part it out let me know I am interested in some of the parts. Good luck with the sale.

87ShelbyZ
02-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I understand but thats how it goes right?
Some people would rather see a rare car crushed and gone then spend a few extra dollars.
They would pay for the parts but not the car..
Ironic aint it? :confused2:
The rust thing I understand, and I guess I can try and find some jacks and get a few pictures, But it goes back to the more time/money I put into it the more it is going to be worth right?? Im not investing a grand only to sell it for the price im asking now. My taxes are coming so I can easily throw 1500 at it and have the gfx/rear spoiler/ badge and such but If I do that that car wont go anywhere for less than 3500 dollars.

If I get proof of no rust do you have an offer for the car as is?

Parts price list if parted goes as follows
prices are without shipping
Steering wheel 150 firm(have 2)
Seats/door panels 900 firm
Fiberrides all 4 with new tires 600
CSX Number Plaque 150 firm
VNT Harness/Computer 200 Firm
(or 2k for the parts same as current asking price for whole car)
I will keep the motor/trans for my other car.
Then the world will say farewell to another numbered car.(dont be mad at me im the one who tried to save it)

any questions or offers call me 801-654-9429

jl93sundance
02-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Is it drivable?

Turbo224
02-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Some people would rather see a rare car crushed and gone then spend a few extra dollars.
The rust thing I understand, and I guess I can try and find some jacks and get a few pictures, But it goes back to the more time/money I put into it the more it is going to be worth right?? Im not investing a grand only to sell it for the price im asking now. My taxes are coming so I can easily throw 1500 at it and have the gfx/rear spoiler/ badge and such but If I do that that car wont go anywhere for less than 3500 dollars.

Then the world will say farewell to another numbered car.(dont be mad at me im the one who tried to save it)

I think asking you to check for rust is a pretty reasonable request Devin. I dont think that crawling under the car for a few seconds justifies raising the price. If you really want to save the car, just put it on ebay and take what you can get for it. Is making a couple extra hundred from parting it out really worth it? Considering what you paid for it and the lack of time you have spent on it, you could lower your price considerabley and still make some money off it. Save this thing and sell it for what ever you can get out of it. If you think about it logically, after you spend time taking it apart, boxing things up, and shipping them out to people, you will make far less profit when you consider the time thats going to take you. I have sold a lot of parts on ebay and on the boards, and typically you dont make much of a profit if you count the time to do all of that. Just trying to give you something to think about. If you consider this dissrespectful or ignorant, then I wont be bothered if you ask the mods to delete this post. Good luck with the sale.

87ShelbyZ
02-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Well first off Im not giving the car away to benefit anyone else for any reason, I have had to give up my SL, My 90 Shadow Es, And my 78 Magnum Xe that was cherry with 78k on it. So taking whatever I could get for this just for the sake of saving it is not going to work.
I will take some pictures of the undercarriage and wont raise the price for that, I was referring to other things like the gfx/rear spoiler etc...
If someone wants the car its 2000 cash as is. and thats more than fair for a rust free low mile numbered car thats my final price. I know what its worth and a few people agree my price at 2500 was more than fair they just either had no money for it, or had no way to transport it, or had a trade that I didnt care for(dsm)

If no reasonable offer comes thur I will ebay it since I saw that smashed up high mile go for 1600, I figure mine not wrecked should be worth more.

dodgeshadowchik
02-06-2008, 10:11 PM

I would put it on e-bay before parting it out. I see that you have two steering wheels do you want to sell me one of them?

turbokid
02-10-2008, 01:50 AM
I wouldnt say 84k is really that high mile...

moparfwdsleeper
02-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Well first off Im not giving the car away to benefit anyone else for any reason, I have had to give up my SL, My 90 Shadow Es, And my 78 Magnum Xe that was cherry with 78k on it. So taking whatever I could get for this just for the sake of saving it is not going to work.
I will take some pictures of the undercarriage and wont raise the price for that, I was referring to other things like the gfx/rear spoiler etc...
If someone wants the car its 2000 cash as is. and thats more than fair for a rust free low mile numbered car thats my final price. I know what its worth and a few people agree my price at 2500 was more than fair they just either had no money for it, or had no way to transport it, or had a trade that I didnt care for(dsm)

If no reasonable offer comes thur I will ebay it since I saw that smashed up high mile go for 1600, I figure mine not wrecked should be worth more.

i thought the trunk emblem was stolen off your SL? :(you should have PMed over the 90 Shadow we would have meet already...

87ShelbyZ
02-11-2008, 06:32 PM
I found another emblem clayton.
And what are you talking about 90 shadow? my old one?

And the kid I sold it to blew the HG 3 days later :smash:
So he said he is selling it now since he dont know how to handle a turbo car yet :lol: But I also know of another super nice white 89 es shadow 5 speed 2.5 by my house, just needs headliner redone and a trans which I can do for like 800 bucks... Im thinking about it for a DD... But not sure.

He wants like 1500 I think.. so again that makes my car seem more than worth my asking price when compared to what is out there for a the same price range...

Turbo224
02-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Why not just use the CSX for a daily driver?

87ShelbyZ
02-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Cuz I dont want anything to happen to it, especially now that a certain lowlife has already stole something from it. I cant really trust it now. I mean I still cant figure out how he find where my car was at. Nobody knew where it was except maybe 3 people and I know 2 wouldnt say a word, But the other person I think might but I didnt imagine anyone would stoop so low.
I may go talk to this guy with a GLHT identical to yours tyler but he lives way the hell up east lol and Red really aint my thing, Now Santa Fe Blue is another story lol