PDA

View Full Version : ok what do i have

Bardo
02-15-2006, 03:31 PM
ok i found a 90 sundance with a 2.5 t1 in it if i do a fmic what kind of boost can i look for and how strong are the rods and pistons.
thanks
aj

The S is Silent
02-15-2006, 03:41 PM
The rods are plenty strong, so you don't have to worry about that. The pistons aren't very forgiving. If tuned correctly (like anything), they'll last, but the first hickup while making any real power will kill them. I think 14psi is safe for a TII 2.5L. You can start increasing it slowly, but at the first sign of detonation, back out and drop your boost by 2-3psi just to be safe.

Bardo
02-15-2006, 03:44 PM
i have +40's and all i should need to use them would be a custom cal

TurbododgePirate
02-15-2006, 04:50 PM
AJ, you shoudl be fine. That's the same motor I had in the van. Best idea... Pull the balance shafts and plug the hole, other than that it will be fine. Any intercooler should do to start out with. And yeah, buy a cal from Chris at turbosunleashed. You want us to go take a look at this one with you so you don't get a rustbucket *Cough* *Daytona* *Cough*????~~H

Bardo
02-15-2006, 08:39 PM
i know it has rust not as much as the tona. im just looking for something to last me till im done with school

GLHSKEN
02-15-2006, 08:48 PM
The rods are plenty strong, so you don't have to worry about that. The pistons aren't very forgiving. If tuned correctly (like anything), they'll last, but the first hickup while making any real power will kill them. I think 14psi is safe for a TII 2.5L. You can start increasing it slowly, but at the first sign of detonation, back out and drop your boost by 2-3psi just to be safe.

Damn Matt!! You've come a long way since we 1st crossed paths!!! :thumb:

The S is Silent
02-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Damn Matt!! You've come a long way since we 1st crossed paths!!! :thumb:

Thanks Ken. You were one of the people that talked me into keeping the charger when I was getting tired of it last year...and I thank you for it. I just need to get the final parts before I can start putting it back together. :thumb:

Then, to show you how thankful I am for talking me into keeping it...I'm going to smoke you at SDAC this year :thumb:

Bardo
02-17-2006, 11:41 AM
ok what about the safm that glhs592 has has anyonw eals tryed to mes with it? from what i hear it run's everything and can be programed while your sitting there www.sdsefi.com . lmk