PDA

View Full Version : '90 Shadow rear suspension odds and ends

Directconnection
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
I need non-rusty bump stop assemblies for the rear end of a '90 Shadow. The ones on my car were in bad shape, and imagine any others at the junkyard will be just as bad, or worse. Dealer is too costly to justify.

Also need, the right and left rear axle control arm to chassis brackets which are NS1 as well. Cheap from the dealer, but NS1. Must be '90 with oval bushings and from a Shadow. '91 may be the same as well. I've tried 3 sets from different cars and no go.

TopDollar69
11-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Would the bumpstops from an 88 Sundance be the same? If they are, I have a pretty decent pair that I could pull of before the car goes to the crusher.

Directconnection
11-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Not sure on that.

I can cross reference this later tonight and get back to you on this.

Directconnection
11-10-2007, 12:55 AM
They list 3 different styles...one notch, 3 notch, and sport suspension for '90 models and only one and 3 notch for the '88. Notch is referring to the metal part that has those three 10mm head screws that anchor it to the frame rail.

Send me a pic of your's as mine appeared to be ok, just a bit rusty until I removed them. One, bent sideways when I smacked it to see how rigid it was....or should I say ...wasn't.

Directconnection
11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Here are pics of the better of the two rear bumpstops that I need from a 1990 Shadow (or any relative body stle I assume) .