PDA

View Full Version : Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler Q's

bfarroo
11-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Looking for a muffler for my DD Spirit, planning on at least 2.5 or 3in, no cat, currently running a mitsu turbo but I'm not worried about boost creep. Mainly just want it to be fairly quiet, I have a bullet on my 87 Z and that's to loud for a DD. How does the super turbo muffler do quieting down the exhaust? Anyone run one of these? How about placement. I'd prefer putting the muffler where the cat was and just having a straight pipe out the back for easier clearances.

Pat
11-06-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm running a 2.25" Super Turbo on my daily driver CSX. It's the stock piping, no cat, with the dynomax over the axle pipe and super turbo. For a daily driver, I think it's great. It's a hair louder than stock, much deeper sounding, no drone whatsoever. I like it.

moparzrule
11-07-2007, 07:30 AM
The super turbo is pretty quiet. You won't have any creep issues with that muffler, plenty of restriction even with no cat. You can run it where the cat is, only problem is there is higher heat there and it might blow out the muffler sooner. Or it could just burn a hole in it.
The best muffler I've like over the years is the dynomax ultraflow oval, flows better than the magnaflow and is almost as quiet. Plenty quiet for me anyway, right now I'm running an ultraflow round which I don't like as much but I got it cheap.

Murphy
11-07-2007, 04:27 PM
i have a super turbo muffler on my n/a car, little louder than stock, deeper, good for a DD

MopàrBCN
11-07-2007, 05:33 PM
I am very happy with it for many reasons. Apperently it flows great, it does not look anything ricy, and is a true performance muffler without the noise going normally with those. I run it on a 2.5" System including Highflow Cat.

moparzrule
11-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Apperently it flows great, .

Not sure who misinformed you here. Yeah of course it flows a good bit more than stock, especially on a 2.5'' pipe, but they don't flow ''great''.