11-06-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm going to the dark side:evil:

Car: 1985 Charger 2.2
Engine: mostly stock TII

Parts that I have:

GLH-T fuel tank&lines
core support brace
GLH-T harness

I read about cutting a hole in the fire wall for the logic module, but I am not sure where or even what the logic module is.

I know this has been dicussed a million times, but just like all engine swaps the information conflicts.

It should be said that I have more time than money

Thanks guys:D

turbovanmanČ
11-08-2007, 12:04 AM
What are you doing? lol!

Birddog
11-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Not sure if the Charger firewall was the same as Omni but...

I have an 85 Omni that had an indent for the LM harness thru hole. It was down low on the passenger side just above where the frame meets the body on the firewall.
I had to cut it with a hole saw on a right angle drill from the inside out.

boneyardracing
11-08-2007, 06:38 PM
What are you doing? lol!

Making the car and engine kind of go together and work and stuff:D

TurbododgePirate
11-08-2007, 10:29 PM
I think he means what exactly are you doing? I assume you are converting a regular 2.2 motor to a 2.2 turbo II.

If that is the case, then do you have a complete glht harness including the wires inside the car? Thats where the fuel pump wires are.
Also I assume you would have to cut a hole for the fuel pump wires and grommet to go through.

And the engine bay harness will have to be modified to run a 4 wire AIS by adding 2 wires for the Logic module. But then of course you need a GLHS logic module to replace the GLHT module. The power module should work fine though as long as it is from a GLHT and not the carbed or TBI car.

I didn't see a transmission listed... you'll need one of those to :)

boneyardracing
11-09-2007, 05:46 PM
No I am starting with a carb'd shelby/GLH engine and an going to install a TI (I was going to to TII but it looks like I can do what I want with a TI)

TurbododgePirate
11-09-2007, 10:06 PM
No I am starting with a carb'd shelby/GLH engine and an going to install a TI (I was going to to TII but it looks like I can do what I want with a TI)

Well, then what T1 do you mean exactly? The early T1 was a log manifold suck through design. Air was sucked through the TB into the turbo and blown directly into the log manifold.The later T1's were a blow through design like the T2's but had mitsu turbo's. If you are doing a later style blow through T1 then you'll still need a GLHS computer and the 2 AIS wires. And if you're doing a early T1 style.... well why bother?

mock_glh
11-09-2007, 11:00 PM
I read about cutting a hole in the fire wall for the logic module, but I am not sure where or even what the logic module is.

The logic module is the engine computer that hooks up to the red and blue plugs. It goes inside the car behind the passenger side kick panel. If you pull back the firewall insulation below the heater you should see a dimple in the firewall where the hole should be. Use a 2-1/2" hole saw to open it up so the wires can come through.

You will need to get:
A logic module for your engine of choice (preferably '86 or '87)

A bracket for mounting the module to the body

A kick panel for a turbo Shelby Charger (your stock one won't fit)

The fuel pump harness (under the carpet) from any fuel injection L-body

A 4-solenoid pack from an '85-'87 turbo car for all the vacuum stuff with enough tubing for all of it.

A turbo engine flywheel for the larger clutch (if you don't already have one)

This should be enough to get you pretty far along. Good luck.:thumb:

87glhs232
11-10-2007, 11:25 AM
If your harness doesn't have the rubber grommet attached where it passes through the firewall, go to the JY and get it.

boneyardracing
11-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks guys

What upgrades would you guys do while the eingine is out of the car? I am planning to use the A555, other than cutting holes for the shifter cables do I have to do any modifactions?

The engine I am looking at is out of (I think) an 86 laser, would this be the blow through design you speak of? Can I use the laser harness and LM?

TurbododgePirate
11-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks guys

What upgrades would you guys do while the eingine is out of the car? I am planning to use the A555, other than cutting holes for the shifter cables do I have to do any modifactions?

The engine I am looking at is out of (I think) an 86 laser, would this be the blow through design you speak of? Can I use the laser harness and LM?

Nope. the 86 should be a suck through design. Read more about it at www.thedodgegarage.com I would certainly upgrade the intake to a blow through, add a intercooler. Now, that being said, a few people get very favorable gains to the original log style intake by adding a alcohol injection setup. It will keep the EGT's lower, allowing for higher boost pressures, but I still think you will run into a big limitation in flow.

I started out doing a straight T2 conversion, then decided to do a commonblock, then went to a hybrid. Now I am putting in a full 2.4 16V swap. So, my opinion is buy a neon motor and neon auto tranny and swap it in. :)