PDA

View Full Version : Need a Good A555

mario03SRT
11-06-2007, 08:16 AM
All,

I'm in need of a good condition A555 tranny. Preferably with a moly plate upgrade but not necessary. Somewhere in the Midwest or close to Cincinnati.

Thanks,
Marion

TurboGLH
11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Marion, with the power level you're most likely at a moly plate is a must rather than an option, so be sure to pick one up if the trans you buy doesn't come with one.

On that note, drop me a line if you're interested in a rebuild. Not sure what your budget is, so let me know and I'll let you know.

mario03SRT
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Marion, with the power level you're most likely at a moly plate is a must rather than an option, so be sure to pick one up if the trans you buy doesn't come with one.

On that note, drop me a line if you're interested in a rebuild. Not sure what your budget is, so let me know and I'll let you know.

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

If I locate one w/o the plate I'll just add one. It appears that my 555 bit the dust because I did not have one in there.:mad: I'm trying to go fairly cheap and local but I have someone in touch with your Dad (?) trying to get a quote. But shipping eats a lot of the cost up so I'm also working the locals here for one too.

Thanks Again,

Marion

TurboGLH
11-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Marion, can do a rebuilt 555 sold outright for $700 shipped in the lower 48. Moly plate would be an extra $100. He'll also pay for return shipping of your 520 core and give you credit if the intermediate shaft is good. Drop my dad an email at mopartek@aol.com and you can work out details if you like.

Clay
11-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Do It!

Do It!

mario03SRT
11-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Marion, can do a rebuilt 555 sold outright for $700 shipped in the lower 48. Moly plate would be an extra $100. He'll also pay for return shipping of your 520 core and give you credit if the intermediate shaft is good. Drop my dad an email at mopartek@aol.com and you can work out details if you like.

Chris,

Thanks for the heads up.

I actually have a 555 in the car now but it's locked up in 4th gear. My guess is that it's fubar. I'll keep you posted.

Marion

TurboGLH
11-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Chris,

Thanks for the heads up.

I actually have a 555 in the car now but it's locked up in 4th gear. My guess is that it's fubar. I'll keep you posted.

Marion

ok, I misread your "did not have one in there" comment to mean that the 555 had bit the dust at some point and someone had swapped in a 520, not that you didn't have a moly plate and killed you 55. Either way, offer is on the table.

mario03SRT
11-08-2007, 01:32 PM
The search is over...................

Big thanks to Mark Hampton (turbobearcat) of Modern Mopar for the hook-up! Just up the road and a good price also.

Marion