PDA

View Full Version : Shelby Charger taillights

supercrackerbox
11-06-2007, 04:21 AM
What type of black are the taillight bezels on the Shelby Chargers supposed to be? Gloss, flat, in-between? One of mine is broken, and the replacement that came with the car is more of a semi-gloss, but the ones on the Charger and my GLHS are all faded beyond telling.

And while we're at it, what about the panel between the lights, and the blacked out portion on the top of the rear bumper?

Turbodave
11-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Pretty sure the tail-lights are a semi-gloss as is the top of the bumper cover and the panel between the tail-lights. I really like SEM's trim paint for those areas. It's close to the factory finish, goes on nice and holds up well.

spoolinhard
11-06-2007, 06:46 PM
It takes forever to mask the tail lights off. FYI

supercrackerbox
11-07-2007, 03:42 AM
Dave, would you have a part number for that paint? I'm thinking at some point I'm going to mask off and repaint all the black on the nose and tail.

It takes forever to mask the tail lights off. FYI

Lol, yeah I bet.

spoolinhard
11-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Dave, would you have a part number for that paint? I'm thinking at some point I'm going to mask off and repaint all the black on the nose and tail.

Lol, yeah I bet.

SEM 39143

Hahaha! beat ya dave.:thumb:

Turbodave
11-07-2007, 05:18 PM
SEM 39143

Hahaha! beat ya dave.:thumb:

:lol:

Yep, Kaleb beat me to it..:hail:, but that's the stuff. It's about $10 a can but well worth it. Not all parts stores carry it, so if you can't find it locally I hear that the guy's at D&R auto paint in Omaha and Council Bluffs are good guys to deal with;)

spoolinhard
11-07-2007, 06:45 PM
:lol:

Yep, Kaleb beat me to it..:hail:, but that's the stuff. It's about $10 a can but well worth it. Not all parts stores carry it, so if you can't find it locally I hear that the guy's at D&R auto paint in Omaha and Council Bluffs are good guys to deal with;)

Yeah, I ran out front looked at the can and posted.:)

supercrackerbox
11-08-2007, 03:37 AM
Well, I plan on being in Omaha Saturday afternoon, so I might just swing in and buy a can or two.

Not saying why I'll be there cuz Kaleb will laugh.

spoolinhard
11-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Well, I plan on being in Omaha Saturday afternoon, so I might just swing in and buy a can or two.

Not saying why I'll be there cuz Kaleb will laugh.

??? I can always use a good laugh

86Shelby
11-16-2007, 02:01 PM
His mistress Ms. Amos was playing. :)

spoolinhard
11-16-2007, 02:47 PM
His mistress Ms. Amos was playing. :)

Cant be, Adam is a Metalhead.:D

86Shelby
11-16-2007, 08:12 PM
He is a concert enthusiast/junkie. I'm sure if he could he would be 'on tour' all year hopscotching the country going to concerts. He might draw the line at Yanni.....unless it's a thouroughly kick---- show. http://starcityracing.com/Forums/images/smilies/Rofl.gif

supercrackerbox
11-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Yeah, no way would go to yanni . . .

spoolinhard
11-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Yeah, no way would go to yanni . . .

you better hurry up, I might have two chargers up and running to your one if you if dont get on it:D