PDA

View Full Version : auto to manual tranny swap?

turbocoupe
02-14-2006, 09:14 PM
This message is for people who already have done a 5spd swap i have a 1988 chrysler lebaron turbo and want to Know what has to be done. My plan is to buy all the parts including the tranny at a junk yard im goin to be taking the stuff out of a 1987-89 daytona which should work. And the tranny im goin to be using is an A-520 or 523, or 555 or 568 which ever i could find in working order.
I now the people at the junk yard personally cause of were i work. and another question is how do you install the clucth pedal do you have to take the dash board out or ETC.:thumb:

Thanks you
Joey (turbocoupe)
:faint:

Boogieman142
02-15-2006, 02:03 AM
well, well, the pedals are by far the hardest part of the whole thing, i had to unbolt the steering column, did not have to remove it though, then i had to roll the dash forward(i don't think your model requires this) and take all the bolts out and wiggle and jimmy it around to get it out, and reverse for installation, also for the cable, there is a dimple on the firewall next to the brake booster where you will need to drill out.