PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle will not talk to scan tools.

Big_P
11-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Strange problem.

my 89 GTS will not talk to our Snap-On "brick" or our Genisys scantools. I'm not sure what to check for, but I know that the pin for power is there because the "Brick" will only turn on if there is power going to that one pin. Ground is a seperate circuit on the tool with an alligator clip that goes to the battery.

What can I do here? I'm having serious issues and I could reeeeeeeally use the help of seeing what the sensors are seeing.

butchsuppe
11-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Check for ALL pwr + grds at the ECU. Doesn't take much resistance in these circuits to cause problems. Check this site out for ECU pinout; http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/ecu/index.html

turbovanmanČ
11-05-2007, 03:57 AM
Which snappy? I have the new modus and all I do is plug in the scanner, no seperate power or grounds and actually, ditto with the older MT2500 I had and my OTC4000E.

I know on mine, it asks me what computer I have, if I pick the wrong one, I get a blank screen and have to try again.

Big_P
11-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Whoooooa you bought the new Modus, simon? Sweeeet. Those ain't cheap!

The Snap-On one I was using was called "the brick" because that's what it looks like. I think they came out in the early 90's and are still used today in some shops due to their OBD2 capabilities.

turbovanmanČ
11-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Whoooooa you bought the new Modus, simon? Sweeeet. Those ain't cheap!

The Snap-On one I was using was called "the brick" because that's what it looks like. I think they came out in the early 90's and are still used today in some shops due to their OBD2 capabilities.

I had to, the old brick scanner, aka the MT2500 won't work on newer vehicles, which I need to service.