PDA

View Full Version : 12 button navigator problems?

Turbo_Rampage
11-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey, i just got a 12 button navigator for my 89 Daytona, and i can't get it to do anything but show the time and date (which are wrong and i have no idea how to set that) Is there any tricks on setting these things, because it doesn't matter which button i press it doesn't change to anything. it just shows the time and date... all 12 buttons are still in perfect working condition as well.

Thanks

TopDollar69
11-04-2007, 09:26 PM
It sure sounds ike the buttons are bad. Thats exactly how one with bad buttons reacts.

Turbo_Rampage
11-04-2007, 09:57 PM
I have two navigators, one with half the buttons bad and the other which i put in my Daytona with all the buttons still working. When i remove the front faceplate on the navi. all the buttons still click and return when i press them, so thats how i know there still good. my other one when i press the buttons down on the bad ones they just stay flat and don't return. (the contacts inside the buttons break off the rubber peice that returns the button.. if that makes any sense) I was just doing some reading on the 12 button navigator and appearantly there is a way to program it? How exactly do you set the time and date on it, because my owners manual doesn't even tell me.

This car never came with a navigator, but it was allready wired for one, so it was a direct plug in

Thanks

mcsvt
11-04-2007, 11:25 PM
You should hear a beep when you press the buttons. Sometimes if one is messed up, it won't let any of the others work. I put 12 new buttons in one and now it works great.

supercrackerbox
11-05-2007, 04:20 AM
I pulled one out of my parts car today that is cosmetically perfect, but the only button that works is the trip. Does anyone have a good source/part number for the replacements, and possibly a how-to?

LaserXT1986
11-05-2007, 04:50 AM
I have two navigators, one with half the buttons bad and the other which i put in my Daytona with all the buttons still working. When i remove the front faceplate on the navi. all the buttons still click and return when i press them, so thats how i know there still good. my other one when i press the buttons down on the bad ones they just stay flat and don't return. (the contacts inside the buttons break off the rubber peice that returns the button.. if that makes any sense) I was just doing some reading on the 12 button navigator and appearantly there is a way to program it? How exactly do you set the time and date on it, because my owners manual doesn't even tell me.

This car never came with a navigator, but it was allready wired for one, so it was a direct plug in

Thanks

Instructions (NOTE: This only works if the buttons are ALL in good shape!!)

Time/Date: Press #5 (time). Press Set. Press either the Number 1 or the reset button to scroll through the hours. When done, press set. Repeat the scrolling for the minutes, when done, press set....etc., etc, etc. until the thing is complete.

To set a destination: Press Dest (#4), press set, type in miles or km (depending on your setting), up to 9999, press set. Now your destination will "count down" as you drive. To see how LONG this destination will take, press the "ETA" button. This will display the time (based on the speed you are going). If left alone for 10 seconds, the EVA will switch to the clock and date. It will say "EVA" on it and it is actually showing you WHAT TIME you will "arrive".

If you need any other info let me know!! :thumb:

OnLooker
11-05-2007, 06:56 PM
I used this site just last week to repair my brothers.

12 button navigator rebuild (http://www.daytonaturbo.com/12-button-navigator-rebuild/)

Turbo_Rampage
11-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Thanks guys for all the info! I will try and set my clock when i put the navi. back in my Daytona... I took it out because i couldn't stand having the wrong time and date on it, :D I'll be rebuilding my other navigator with the bad buttons, so that link is very helpfull. Thanks.