PDA

View Full Version : early and later van interior

stereo
10-31-2007, 07:20 PM
I was walking through the boneyard a few days ago and I was poking around some of the vans. I came across a 93' Caravan with super clean grey interior. Now my 89' van all new carpet, headliner, seats, but the plastic is all the crap white and scratched up. So I began to wonder if it is possible to switch to all the later stile plastic. To me it looked like it would be swapable, but maybe someone has tryed and didn't work.

Turbodave
10-31-2007, 07:32 PM
Never tried the plastic, but the headliners swap right over and fit perfect, of course that is no help to you, but at least we know the interiors are the same length. Only issue with the 93 stuff is that it's got shoulder belts in the back so there would be more holes in the panel. You can always test fit the parts in the yard before you buy, usually lots of vans to choose from.

stereo
11-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I never thought of that. Have to try on the next trip.

turbovanmanČ
11-01-2007, 02:12 AM
The seats work but if you use the rear seats with kids, you'll have to retrofit over the seat belt retractors, there seperate.

Interior pieces might swap. The doors are different and the hatch is a different shape so not much might swap. The carpet should be ok.

stereo
11-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Wow the hatch is different? I knew the door was, but I didn't know the Hatch was. Maybe the pieces on the door won't swap then. I'll have to check that out.

TomInOregon
12-26-2007, 02:24 PM
The seats work but if you use the rear seats with kids, you'll have to retrofit over the seat belt retractors, there seperate.

Interior pieces might swap. The doors are different and the hatch is a different shape so not much might swap. The carpet should be ok.

Wait, the seats swap directly over? Are any modifications needed? Front and rear, or just rear?

Tom

turbovanmanČ
01-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Wait, the seats swap directly over? Are any modifications needed? Front and rear, or just rear?

Tom

The back seats use the same latch mechanism. The fronts also bolt in. A friend is using a leather setup from a 2nd Gen in his 1st Gen.

TomInOregon
01-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Holy cow. I thought they had changed them. That opens up my options considerably. Thanks for the information!

Tom