PDA

View Full Version : 314 cam

Rattlesnake
02-14-2006, 10:31 AM
does anybody has feedback on the 314 cam? performance, power range, tested it, etc.?

shadow88
02-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I had one for a while, here's my findings over stock.

lumpier idle, had to reset minimum stop screw.

seemed to spool slightly 100-200 rpm sooner ( longer over lap?)

produced 14-16 in hg. idle. in my set up.

worse fuel economy than stock roller.

HAVE to use sliders. Overall it was a good cam for my set up. I'm now using the comp cams version of the super 60, and for me, it's better in every way.
Smoother, better idle, better power, better fuel economy. -jaim

TurboGLH
02-19-2006, 12:41 AM
I ran one also for a while and my situation was very similar to shadow88, lumpy idle, less vacuum, not sure on the fuel economy. But in my glh, with the stock t1 lower end, t2 top end, g-body rad cooler and 15lbs through the stock exhuast (which on a lbody comes down to 1 7/8 at the end) was enough for 175 hp at the wheels.

Rattlesnake
02-19-2006, 05:04 PM
I ran one also for a while and my situation was very similar to shadow88, lumpy idle, less vacuum, not sure on the fuel economy. But in my glh, with the stock t1 lower end, t2 top end, g-body rad cooler and 15lbs through the stock exhuast (which on a lbody comes down to 1 7/8 at the end) was enough for 175 hp at the wheels.
Did you like the cam overall? Did the car felt stronger? More responsive? More top end?

shadow88
02-19-2006, 07:49 PM
It's tough for me to say as I did a complete t2 swap at the same time with the new engine.
But I can say after some co-workers drove my car, they ordered 314 cams as well. They felt an increase in mid-range torque and slight improvements in top end power (again, more overlap?)
For my setup I prefer the s60 cam. But the old setup, I think the 314 has some gains over the stock cam.
BTW I dynoed it at 206hp and 251 torque to the wheels with that set up.

TurboGLH
02-20-2006, 01:16 AM
Did you like the cam overall? Did the car felt stronger? More responsive? More top end?

I liked it, it was a nice complement to the car, 175whp at 15lbs with the stock exhaust is nothing to sneeze at. I pulled it to try a roller tbi and had to pull the car off the road a few months later when the turbo went bad. It's been 5yr now since I used that cam, but my impressions were positive. Sorry I can't give you more detailed feedback.

Rattlesnake
02-20-2006, 08:10 AM
I liked it, it was a nice complement to the car, 175whp at 15lbs with the stock exhaust is nothing to sneeze at. I pulled it to try a roller tbi and had to pull the car off the road a few months later when the turbo went bad. It's been 5yr now since I used that cam, but my impressions were positive. Sorry I can't give you more detailed feedback.
Thanks TurboGLH and shadow88, your feedback is more than enough.:thumb: