PDA

View Full Version : L-body common block lower rad hose

mock_glh
02-14-2006, 04:31 AM
I've been shopping around for a lower radiator hose for a common block L-body ('89-'90). The Dodge dealer says they're NS1 and the parts stores keep giving me one that is obviously for the earlier straight down water pump, but they list the same part number for all years. I tried twisting it to make it fit but it rubs the frame stiffener on the core support and would surely have a hole in it before long. Does anyone out there know of a brand that fits properly and where it is available?

turbovanmanČ
02-14-2006, 04:52 AM
I'll look up some part numbers tomorrow.

bobr19
02-14-2006, 09:09 AM
I've been shopping around for a lower radiator hose for a common block L-body ('89-'90). The Dodge dealer says they're NS1 and the parts stores keep giving me one that is obviously for the earlier straight down water pump, but they list the same part number for all years. I tried twisting it to make it fit but it rubs the frame stiffener on the core support and would surely have a hole in it before long. Does anyone out there know of a brand that fits properly and where it is available?
If you're talking about rubbing the core support at the frt. mount originally there was a metal clamp-like device that prevents this--holds the hose in place and prevents rubbing--bobr19

GLHSKEN
02-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Another thing to do is take a different hose, cut a section out of the middle Pipe it and then align to fit. G body hoses can be used ( I believe).

Yes, Find one of the metal "jackets" that attach to the mount bracket.

GLHS592
02-14-2006, 09:46 AM
I cut a regular turbo 1 L-body hose to fit with my G-body radiator. I used the neck I cut off the stock L-body radiator and clamped it in the shortened hose and then clamped it to the radiator.

cordes
02-14-2006, 11:38 AM
I have an G-body rad hose in my omni that I cut an put a piece of pipe in when I installed my TII rad. I believe I had a L-body hose on there at one time too.

turbovanmanČ
02-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Dayco part #71410 Discuss amongst yourselves, :eyebrows:

Turbodave
02-15-2006, 05:08 PM
I know the L-bodies had a different water pump housing (one without the heater hose nipple), is it possible that the common block L-bodies have the hose outlet pointed differently than the other common block cars?

If that's the case then maybe the hose the parts stores have is correct, and it's actually an L-body common block water pump housing you need.

I've never owned any 89-90 L-bodies to be able to tell you whether the above is fact or not. Maybe someone else can confirm that?

turbovanmanČ
02-15-2006, 05:17 PM
The hose for 88 is a different part number than the 89 and up. :thumb: