PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone every swap into a 5spd?

turbocoupe
02-14-2006, 12:24 AM
I have a chrysler lebaron turbo 88 witha performance A-413 and stage 2 torque converter with about 3,000+ miles on it. Now what i want to do is swap a 5spd into my lebaron and sell this tranny setup so i could make some money back. Theirs Nothing wrong with the tranny but i want something different like a 5spd i always wanted that in my car. Now what does it take? i know it would take some time but has anyone ever did such a thing. :thumb:

Thanks
Joey

turbovanmanČ
02-14-2006, 04:56 AM
Lots have done it but its alot of work. You need the clutch pedal, transmission, cables, shifter, clutch, pressure plate, pp bolts, little odds and ends.

Subliminal
02-14-2006, 09:24 AM
You should be able to find about everything you need in the classifieds here. Post a 'parts wanted' post about needing the goods, and also cruise by your local wrecking yard.

When I did mine, I bought a 523 tranny from the junkyard for $125. I went to fwdperformance and got a t2/t3 clutch/pp/tob combo for like $160 (I think...it's been a while) and I bought the clutch cable, strut tower bracket, pedal assembly, shifter, and shift cables from a user for like $150 shipped.

So all in all, not counting work, it cost me about $400 or so, total. I would say you could sell a good condition 413 for like $100 or $150, if there's someone local enough to pick it up...

Shipping would be a bear.

d

turbocoupe
02-14-2006, 10:36 AM
My plan was to go to a junkyard and pick up a donor car such as a 1988-89 dodge daytona for about so much and the tranny is way more then $150 the tranny is much much much newer than that its a remanu tranny that cost me some money not to long ago. But thanks man every bit helps me out.

Joey

Subliminal
02-14-2006, 10:39 AM
That's cool. If you can get more for it, then more power to you. But you've got a used tranny that's almost too heavy to ship, that only works in a handfull of cars, and you'd have to find someone pretty local to buy it.

But, you've also got Cliff R. not too far away too, and he's like the TM tranny guru.

Anyway, good luck, post if you need any help with anything!

d

Dave
02-14-2006, 11:22 AM
PM 5spdmini, his name is Al. He just did it to his van.

turbovanmanČ
02-14-2006, 01:36 PM
If you need pedals, I have a 89 Shadow, :eyebrows: I might have other odds and ends too.

turbocoupe
02-14-2006, 03:40 PM
OK cool thanks guys. If this car doesn't have the parts im looking for I will turn to you. Thanks again.

Joey (turbocoupe)