PDA

View Full Version : Any SDAC 18 Rumours????

1quik4
10-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Heard of one and was wondering if there are any others out there. I hate to write down what i heard in case its totally untrue. If it is possibly true, then maybe this cat can't come out of the bag just yet??

speeddemon
10-24-2007, 01:37 PM
A decision has been made as to where.

Location will be released in the next newsletter (to be published shortly) and has been posted in an SDAC member only area - however we've asked members to keep this info amongst themselves for their own benefit.

Once the newsletters have been published we'll make a public announcement soon thereafter. Dates will remain consistent with past events.

Johnny
12-12-2007, 11:49 AM
No date or place yet?

Johnny

Clay
12-12-2007, 11:59 AM
date is the same as its (typically) always been.

overlordsshadow
12-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Listen here 1quik4, now all of us not in the know get to sit and agonize until it is made public, thanks bud. :(

Turbodave
12-12-2007, 12:25 PM
There is info on the where and when in the SDAC-Members section.

Johnny, if your membership to SDAC is current here are instructions on how to access that section: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11227

Overlord, If you give me $30 I'll tell you all the details ;)

sdac guy
12-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks Dave!

What a deal, $30 to find out where SDAC 18 will be and they get an SDAC membership to boot!

I am still working on the latest newsletter, but it is going slower than I would like. The full release will be in that issue. I was hoping to have the newsletter in your mailboxes by Christmas but it is not looking good right now. This issue was actually planned for September, so I am way behind once again. Sorry.

Barry

Turbodave
12-12-2007, 12:50 PM
For $60 I'll tell you and a friend.

You don't want to know what $120 gets you...lol...

overlordsshadow
12-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Actually you guys are very clever aren't you. I will have to again check out sdac and it's membership benefits.

cordes
12-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Actually you guys are very clever aren't you. I will have to again check out sdac and it's membership benefits.

I have had some of the best times with the SDAC guys over the last year. I have been a member for a year or two now, but actually going to the events is more fun than you could imagine.

BadAssPerformance
12-12-2007, 09:04 PM
We broke Cordes in real good this year :thumb:

Turbodave
12-12-2007, 09:06 PM
but actually going to the events is more fun than you could imagine.

It's as fun as a barrel of drunken monkey's with fireworks riding tiny motorcycles.:thumb:

turbovanmanČ
12-12-2007, 09:07 PM
I have had some of the best times with the SDAC guys over the last year. I have been a member for a year or two now, but actually going to the events is more fun than you could imagine.

Yep, its a good time. I had a riot at SDAC16, missed last year but going next year, and it looks like I can take the Minivan, :partywoot:

1FastCSX289
12-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Cant wait for SDAC-18. And I know where it is! :p SDAC-17 was a riot.....doesnt seem like it was almost 6 months ago. Only 6 more months till 18. Wow.

Barry, if you need the WNY-chapter to do anything, let me know.

turbovanmanČ
12-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Cant wait for SDAC-18. And I know where it is! :p SDAC-17 was a riot.....doesnt seem like it was almost 6 months ago. Only 6 more months till 18. Wow.

Yeah, and it doesn't seem like a year and a half ago I was in Topeka and my wife was pregnant, :o

86Shelby
12-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Here's a few clues. West of Boston, Mass., east of Los Angeles. North of Corpus Christie, Texas; south of Winnipeg, Manitoba. I guarantee it's not in Nebraska.

BadAssPerformance
12-12-2007, 10:35 PM
LOL... You Nebraska Shelby Dodge / Tuebo Mopar fans need to talk to Barry about getting an official chapter going... NE gets you NESDAC or "Nebraska area" gets you NASDAC :)

mcsvt
12-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Here's a few clues. West of Boston, Mass., east of Los Angeles. North of Corpus Christie, Texas; south of Winnipeg, Manitoba. I guarantee it's not in Nebraska.

That about gives it away right there!

And JT NESDAC is taken by the "North East"!

BadAssPerformance
12-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Or is that "New England" ?

mcsvt
12-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Same thing to me :)

shadow88
12-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Cant wait for SDAC-18. And I know where it is!

Well that might be a big hint.

Clay
12-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Or it might be nothing at all...... who knows

1FastCSX289
12-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Well that might be a big hint.

If MIGHT be. But, if it were here in WNY, do you think I would be asking Barry if he needs chapter help at THIS point in the game? ;)

2.216VTurbo
12-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Wherever it is it's gonna be waaay to far for me to drag any of my cars out:o I'm just hoping it's somewhere near a major airport that they rent 300C's from:thumb: It worked well last time, next time we need to try the 150 shot jets:evil:

slasky
12-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Wherever it is it's gonna be waaay to far for me to drag any of my cars out:o I'm just hoping it's somewhere near a major airport that they rent 300C's from:thumb: It worked well last time, next time we need to try the 150 shot jets:evil:
I think you should be a man and bring the 200 jets.

Clay
12-13-2007, 12:17 PM
I think he should just suck it up and drive (or tow) a freakin car out! :)

slasky
12-13-2007, 12:21 PM
I think he should just suck it up and drive (or tow) a freakin car out! :)

Yeah Vegas isn't that far from him.

Turbodave
12-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Regarless where it is, driving out there in the Masi with the Barcalounger interior should make the trip a comfortable one. I think he should do it.

86Shelby
12-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Regarless where it is, driving out there in the Masi with the Barcalounger interior should make the trip a comfortable one. I think he should do it.

Dave has a good point. Doooo eeeetttttt!

2.216VTurbo
12-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Dave has a good point. Doooo eeeetttttt!

Yeah, thanks guys, I love you too;) But taking 2 days off to drive out and 2 days off to drive back doesn't add up when you are self employed:(

Vegas, sure, I'll drive 3 cars to that event, but IIRC that's for SDAC 20 that CASDAC is partially sponsoring out in the west:eyebrows:

Turbodave
12-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah, thanks guys, I love you too;) But taking 2 days off to drive out and 2 days off to drive back doesn't add up when you are self employed:(

Vegas, sure, I'll drive 3 cars to that event, but IIRC that's for SDAC 20 that CASDAC is partially sponsoring out in the west:eyebrows:

C'mon Alan we know how creative and resourceful you are... Just sell some spine stuff along the way, then write the trip off as business expense :thumb: .

cordes
12-13-2007, 06:56 PM
C'mon Alan we know how creative and resourceful you are... Just sell some spine stuff along the way, then write the trip off as business expense :thumb: .

That is a great idea. I am sure that there are more guys than just myself who would like to see the "worlds fastest TC" in person.

GLHSKEN
12-13-2007, 07:57 PM

And gives me the "excuse" to buy a cummins.....

shadow88
12-13-2007, 08:43 PM
If MIGHT be. But, if it were here in WNY, do you think I would be asking Barry if he needs chapter help at THIS point in the game? ;)

It just got me thinkin' that it's close to you. If it's close to you, it's close to me. After all my g/f's grandpa can't have another 80th birthday party this year.

rbryant
12-14-2007, 02:55 AM
I am pretty sure I overheard them talking about how it was going to be on the left coast! Everyone seemed excited and committed to attending :)

-Rich

Aries_Turbo
12-16-2007, 02:06 AM

you need two bottles, two of the big ones and you need them by tonight!

actually you do need two... one full one in the room with a small heater near it for drag race day and another to waste in the parking lot/wendys/highway/etc. :)

Brian

Johnny
01-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Nothing yet on 18?????????

Johnny

sdac guy
01-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Nothing yet on 18?????????

Johnny

Oh yeah.

You need to get access to the SDAC Members Only forum where what details we have are posted. To gain access there, go to your User Control Panel, scroll down to Group memberships and click on Join Group for the SDAC Members Only forum. This will send a request to me which I will approve since you are an SDAC member.

Folks that are not SDAC members need not apply. :D

Barry

badandy
01-27-2008, 11:34 PM
And gives me the "excuse" to buy a cummins.....

And me an excuse to hitch hike:thumb:

johnl
01-28-2008, 12:41 AM
Ha Ha I know where it is going to be and also a lot of details about the attributes of the venue. Craig told me all about it when he was in Las Vegas for Mr. Shelby's 85th Bday. I don't have to join . . . .oops I'm already a member . . . . oh well, guess that's why he told me.

93sundance
02-01-2008, 01:06 PM
All I can say is, if it is where I heard it is going to be, I will be there.

This year will be total chaos. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Johnny
02-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Its a long way for me to drive to. But I sure would like to this year. If there was an autocross, that would make it worth the drive. I'd bring the turbo wagon so I could haul my stuff.

Johnny

BadAssPerformance
02-01-2008, 10:24 PM
What if there were a road course? ;)

Johnny
02-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Autocross would be a lot better.

Johnny

slasky
02-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Autocross would be a lot better.

Johnny
Driving around in a walmart parking lot around cones is better than a road course on a track????????

Bricklin107
02-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Hey guys

I am new to this forum and I just think keeping the meet site a big question mark to non SDAC members is very odd. I just bought a Shelby Charger. My very first Turbo Dodge! I had two Laser turbo XE's and a Dodge Charger 2.2. Anyways I also like Bricklins and I am President of Bricklin International; bricklin.org (great website). I also have a Javelin, but don't hold it against me!

We really push our meet to all Bricklin owners because we believe that if a non Bricklin member comes to the meet he will join! Plus we like to have as big as meet as possible. So every car is important.
More participants means more excitement, parts and of course cars.

So I was very curious as to where the SDAC meet would be? I may want to check it out. But keeping a secert makes that kinda impossible without joining the club. So is this an exclusive clique thing?

I did go to the Mopar Nats last year but did not stop by your booth, I will next time. I just wanted to understand the reasoining behind your secrecy.

slasky
02-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey guys

I am new to this forum and I just think keeping the meet site a big question mark to non SDAC members is very odd. I just bought a Shelby Charger. My very first Turbo Dodge! I had two Laser turbo XE's and a Dodge Charger 2.2. Anyways I also like Bricklins and I am President of Bricklin International; bricklin.org (great website). I also have a Javelin, but don't hold it against me!

We really push our meet to all Bricklin owners because we believe that if a non Bricklin member comes to the meet he will join! Plus we like to have as big as meet as possible. So every car is important.
More participants means more excitement, parts and of course cars.

So I was very curious as to where the SDAC meet would be? I may want to check it out. But keeping a secert makes that kinda impossible without joining the club. So is this an exclusive clique thing?

I did go to the Mopar Nats last year but did not stop by your booth, I will next time. I just wanted to understand the reasoining behind your secrecy.
After all the SDAC members are notified then everyone else is notified. Not all members are on the web so we wait until after the newsletter goes out.

I strongly urge everyone to attend even if you don't know anyone. I went in 2005 and I did not know anyone. I had such a great time I went last year and I am planning on going this year as well.

Johnny
02-01-2008, 10:38 PM
I LOVE Brickin's, is that your yellow one?
I know of a blue one here in my town that is for sale.

I think an autocross is better because everyone can do it. Even the trailer queens. Not as likely to damage your car in an autocross.

Besides, a road course playday would make me want to bring my 86 GLHS and I couldn't afford to tow it there and back. Would be fun though!!

Johnny

Bricklin107
02-01-2008, 10:49 PM
That makes sense to notify all members first. But being February 2008; I thought it kinda of late. Lots of people have to make vacation plans early in the year.

Yep the yellow Bricklin is mine VIN 107 a 74 with a AMC engine. Where do you live? I just sold a Blue Bricklin on ebay and it went to NY. I have a couple of Bricklins, I have had them since I was 17. Sold my 82 Charger 2.2 for one. But I always wanted a Turbo Shelby and I just got one!! 87 Red Turbo Shelby Charger; LOTS OF FUN!

Johnny
02-01-2008, 11:42 PM
In Coos Bay Oregon. I'd love to have a Bricklin...and a 70 AMX.

I have a 86 GLHS, a 89 CSX-VNT, 86 factory Turbo Reliant wagon, 88 Lebaron Coupe turbo (my gals) 90 Turbo mini van, 92 Dodge Cummins pickup, and a 1937 Plymouth pickup.

I do not "need" any more cars :)

I hope you do come to the SDAC meet, I've gone to a couple, great fun. I plan on going to this years. Being 20 miles from the Pacific ocean, no matter were it is east of the Rockies, it's a long drive from here.

Johnny

j4278h
02-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Still got my fingers crossed for kalamazoo, but if its in MI i fully plan on having some of my fleet there.

Johnny
02-01-2008, 11:52 PM
What's a kalamazoo...isn't that some kind of wind instrument?

:)

Johnny

turbovanmanČ
02-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Its a long way for me to drive to. But I sure would like to this year. If there was an autocross, that would make it worth the drive. I'd bring the turbo wagon so I could haul my stuff.

Johnny

You can caravan with me, I plan on taking my Van and the R/T, or worst case, just drive down as I don't have my passport yet, :(

Johnny
02-01-2008, 11:58 PM
just drive down as I don't have my passport yet

Then they will keep you here and not let you go home.

johnny

speeddemon
02-02-2008, 01:50 AM
Mr Bricklin,

I understand your point of view and am glad you respect our policy of notifying our membership first. We are running a little behind in getting our newsletter out and I apologize to everyone for that. It will be public knowledge very soon.

Our convention is traditionally held beginning the weekend after Father's Day and I think they are posted somewhere in this thread. I certainly hope to see you at SDAC18 and please track me down. As a Canadian I should know more about Brickins then I do - I look forward to hearing all about your car this coming June.

Bricklin107
02-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the info; Will be looking for the upcoming meet info on this page!:lol:

93sundance
02-02-2008, 12:46 PM
What's a kalamazoo...isn't that some kind of wind instrument?

:)

Johnny

:lol:

93sundance
02-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Still got my fingers crossed for kalamazoo, but if its in MI i fully plan on having some of my fleet there.

That's cool. You should bring a spare A543 trans. Just in case my brother or I blow up the one on the tuna ;)

Juggy
02-04-2008, 10:25 AM
You can caravan with me, I plan on taking my Van and the R/T, or worst case, just drive down as I don't have my passport yet, :(

you dont need a passport to go to the states here in Ontario....cross the bridge frequently, it just makes things easier for if you do! The mandatory passport date got pushed back, to july or august i believe.

I will be there this year if it is where I heard it will be.

Johnny
02-04-2008, 11:51 AM
I am REALLY thinking about going to SDAC, it's been a few years since I went. I really enjoy it. Carlisle is good for me as a vender. BUT I want to go to SDAC this year.... maybe both.
I should drive there in my turbo wagon.

Johnny

cordes
02-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I am REALLY thinking about going to SDAC, it's been a few years since I went. I really enjoy it. Carlisle is good for me as a vender. BUT I want to go to SDAC this year.... maybe both.
I should drive there in my turbo wagon.

Johnny

You should definitely come!

turbovanmanČ
02-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Then they will keep you here and not let you go home.

johnny

Nope, you can drive in and out using photo ID, IE drivers license and proof of citizenship. To fly in and out, you need a passport.

Plans are on hold for SDAC so maybe another time.

bluneon
03-19-2008, 11:05 PM
is there a designated car wash location, especially for out-of-towners?
list of local auto parts retailers?
list of local junk yards?
list of local restaurants?
list of local gas stations?
will there be a bbq?
is there a local park that has been rented out?
local tire shops in case of emergencies?
local 'bible study' location?:eyebrows:
preregistration?
specific hot spot locations for night time activities?

is anyone going to bring a digital projector and a large white sheet to system link xboxs for a mad gaming brawl?:D

cordes
03-19-2008, 11:18 PM
I will call and ask my old boss, but I should be able to take care of any tire emergencies depending on the wrath of upper level management at the time. Either way look me up, and I will try and hook you up.

Turbodave
03-20-2008, 12:03 AM
will there be a bbq?
preregistration?

is anyone going to bring a digital projector and a large white sheet to system link xboxs for a mad gaming brawl?:D

Barrry is usually on top of listing all the details you asked for above in the event registration packages.

I'll have my digital projector there, possibly the screen too. White car trailers make for nice movie screens. So do semi trailers (SDAC-14). I don't have any X-box stuff but will have movies and a laptop.

DC Turismo
03-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Can you say a showing of THE WRAITH!? :D Imagine how crazy a whole parking lot of TM guys watching that movie would be!

BadAssPerformance
03-20-2008, 12:15 AM
I can imagine, we did that last year in the hotel parking lot for the Belvidere Mopar Happening :thumb: Several old school mopar fans even joined us for the festivities!

cordes
03-20-2008, 12:23 AM
I can't imagine seeing this on the big screen with everyone.

http://billyoceanseleven.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/planes-2a.jpg

speeddemon
03-20-2008, 01:57 PM
will there be a bbq?
preregistration?

The majority of this information is provided to registered participants (included in the goody bag). Pre-registration will be setup soon, information for that will be posted in the sticky Barry has created above these threads once newsletters go out.

neonkitten63
03-20-2008, 11:34 PM

Are they still calling it "Bible Study" these days? LMAO :thumb:

glht_omni
03-27-2008, 02:44 PM
i got the junkyard location down, including a 100% self service yard that is dirt cheap, clean and 80% of the mopars there are 83-94'.

Juggy
03-27-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't have any X-box stuff but will have movies and a laptop.

did somebody say rock band?!?!? hahahaha

glht_omni
03-28-2008, 01:30 AM
i'll have my laptop w/ national wireless broadband, a printer/scanner/copier with a power inverter, so we got options, printing mapquests, scanning time slips, sending near live pics and time slips back to the site to tease those who didnt show up, lol.

*barry whats the chances of a dyno? i know SPECMO in royal oak has one but i dont know if they do mobile setups?*

sdac guy
03-28-2008, 06:54 AM
i'll have my laptop w/ national wireless broadband, a printer/scanner/copier with a power inverter, so we got options, printing mapquests, scanning time slips, sending near live pics and time slips back to the site to tease those who didnt show up, lol.

*barry whats the chances of a dyno? i know SPECMO in royal oak has one but i dont know if they do mobile setups?*

We are considering a dyno day for Saturday June 21. Advanced Chassis Dyno (formerly PowerCurve) is the dyno shop we prefer.

If we have it, it will be by pre-paid pre-registered only. We would need 8-10 people to do it. If we don't get that many to sign up for it, the money will be refunded. If we get that many to sign up but folks don't show, those folks lose their money as we will still give it to the dyno shop.

We will do it this way because twice in the past folks have asked us to hold dyno days, which we have. The last time, the shop opened on a Saturday just for us and then nobody showed up to have their car tested. So now, payment is in advance. If we hold a dyno day, details will be in the pre-registration info.

Barry

Aries_Turbo
03-28-2008, 04:46 PM
if i bring my car, i might be interested in this. ive wanted to see what it puts down.

Brian

slasky
03-28-2008, 06:01 PM
I would be in for the dyno day too.

bluneon
03-28-2008, 08:13 PM
would that dyno be the one in troy? cuz i've been there before.

glht_omni
03-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Plans are on hold for SDAC so maybe another time.

if you can make it, fly out, i'll let you make a couple passes in my r/t, hell you will probably put down a better time with it then me, i have no tree practice.

Bricklin107
04-12-2008, 11:51 PM
A host hotel!!! Great news!!! 60 days to the event! Now what is the schedule of events????? What are we going to do?????

sdac guy
04-13-2008, 11:20 AM
I am closing this thread as there are too many "I'll be at SDAC-18" threads or threads where folks are looking for info.

For the latest info we have available please read this thread.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23376

The above linked thread will be the only place we release dates, hotel, sites, schedule, etc info.

The thread in the main SDAC forum titled "The OFFICIAL ...." will be left open for general discussion.

Please do no start other SDAC-18 threads.

As we get closer to the event (late May early June we may start a "caravan" or "room with" thread).

Thanks,

Barry