PDA

View Full Version : custom cal questions

cordes
02-13-2006, 07:10 PM
I have done much reading as of late, and I have begin messing around with D-cal and chem. I have a few questions as a result of my readings.

The car is an 86' Omni converted to TII with a spearco IC, 50 trim hybrid, and +40s.

1. It would appear as though I have a GLHS stage II LM in the car. Should I pursue a custom cal for this LM, as it seems as though there are few cals out there for it, and they are not as complete as an 87 tII cal for example. Any suggestions would be taken into consideration here.

2. I plan on running alky in the near future to allow for high boost, hopefully at least 25PSI. That would put my fuel pressure at 80PSI, and any higher is pushing it from what I understand. I would like to lower the base fuel pressure that is run to account for this. I have not found any posts which deal with this.

87glhs232
02-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Running a larger intercooler and +40's is a bit much for a stock cal...even a GLHS stage 2 in my opinion. I would consider a custom cal from a vendor.

I can send you my stage 2 BIN file so you can compair them to see if yours is stage 2.

GLHNSLHT2
02-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Russ Knize has a 3 bar 87 T2 cal on his site you can download and play with. are you flashing the LM or pulling and burning chips???

cordes
02-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Russ Knize has a 3 bar 87 T2 cal on his site you can download and play with. are you flashing the LM or pulling and burning chips???

I will be pulling and burning chips. I had thought of doing a flashable LM, but I have not been able to find very good instructions on how to set that up. moparchem.com has been very informative, but not to the extent that a beginner like myself would need.

From what I read on D-cal when I did a search, it would not appear as though the 87 TII and the GLHS stage II cals are compatable in the different LMs due to wiring harness differences.:confused:

I guess that I should also mention that I used the part # on the LM to determine that it is a GLHS stage II LM, but I did find the BIN file on D-cal.

Would it be worth it to switch to 87 TII wiring under the hood that I might be able to use those cals which seem to have more support?

mw6886
02-14-2006, 01:28 PM
The GLHS and the 87 cals in reality are identical.

The 87 has more support due to the simplicity of the single chip design, and the ability to disassemble the code much easier.

I haven't worked on my GLHS code in some time, but I do have a complete disassembly of it, and I am sure I can put the same things in it that the 87 has.

cordes
02-14-2006, 06:05 PM
OK guys. I have decided after some research to just run an 87' TII setup. I thought it was going to be more than just swapping two wired on the conectors, and I will wire up an underhood map anyway for my 3bar sensor.

I think that will make the process of doing the cals much easier.

Thanks for all the advise.