PDA

View Full Version : Anything else while I am in there?

slasky
02-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Next week I am going to pull the head off my car to change the turbo. I am going to put in an oil restrictor while I have the head off. I have arp head studs and a cometic gasket that I am reusing. I bought halomer spray for the gasket and new arp lube to torque the studs. Can anyone think of anything else I may need or should do while I have the head off?

turbovanmanČ
02-13-2006, 02:08 PM
You don't need to mess with the restrictor, its already in the block.

I have read don't use Hylomar, just use Permatex copper spray-use a couple coats and let it dry. The Hylomar doesn't dry and lets the gasket move around.

Maybe a new intake/exhaust gasket?

slasky
02-13-2006, 02:21 PM
You don't need to mess with the restrictor, its already in the block.

I have read don't use Hylomar, just use Permatex copper spray-use a couple coats and let it dry. The Hylomar doesn't dry and lets the gasket move around.

Maybe a new intake/exhaust gasket?

I don't think it is in there. I think they removed it when they machined the block. I forgot to check it when I put it together. My oil pressure drops off when it is hot.

I read that the hylomar was good. Crap I wasted $18 on a can of hylomar with shipping.

The engine has about 2k miles on it so the intake/ exhaust gasket shoud be good.

turbovanmanČ
02-13-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't think it is in there. I think they removed it when they machined the block. I forgot to check it when I put it together. My oil pressure drops off when it is hot.

I read that the hylomar was good. Crap I wasted $18 on a can of hylomar with shipping.

If they machined the block, they wouldn't have taken it out. You might have another problem but oil pressure does drop off when the engine gets warm.

Double check with Cindy or Wallace on the Hylomar.

slasky
02-13-2006, 02:50 PM
If they machined the block, they wouldn't have taken it out. You might have another problem but oil pressure does drop off when the engine gets warm.

I have an autometer electric gauge that is hard to read at low pressure. The oil light does not come on and i do get about 10 psi per 1000rpm. I guess if it is in there then I will hook up a mechanicle gauge and see how low it really is. Everthing has been redone on the motor and all clearences have been checked.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/images/aut5727.jpg

It is usually between the first line and 0 when it is hot. I don't think this gauge is accurate enough at that low of a pressure level.

GLHSKEN
02-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Every block I have had done, They removed the restrictor in the block.

Mario
02-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Buy a Nordskog. You'll be happy. :D

turbovanmanČ
02-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Every block I have had done, They removed the restrictor in the block.

Hmmmmmm, must be you southerners, up here, they leave that alone, :p