PDA

View Full Version : a413 strength with just a shift kit?

UPSIDE-DOWN-FACE
02-13-2006, 12:04 PM
im looking to not really beef up my tranny on my '90 2.5 turbo spirit as it is a daily driver. but i would like to be hammer the pedal once and a while and not worry about my tranny exploding. the only mods i have done are a vnt intercoler radiator combo, bov, and (2) 7"x11" tranny coolers. if i added a shift kit would that add any strenght to my tranny and keep it together? i may make a few passes with it too. only a few.

thanks
kyle

j4278h
02-13-2006, 12:10 PM
kyle, don't take it down the track all you will end up doing is breaking it or getting embarrassed by the geo with it.

Now come over today and buy some parts to get the omni done.

turbovanmanČ
02-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Definatley do the mods to the valve body, make sure the bands and kickdown cable are adjusted correctly and if you can, install the diff pin retainers. I would use Synthetic fluid if you can or use Type F if yuo dont' want to switch. Obviously, before you start, take the pan off and inspect the filter and pan for debris and chunks.

UPSIDE-DOWN-FACE
02-13-2006, 04:15 PM
can all that be done witht he tranny in the car?

turbovanmanČ
02-13-2006, 05:08 PM
can all that be done witht he tranny in the car?

The shift kit mods and adjustments, yes. You will have to remove the K-member to install the diff pin retainers.

UPSIDE-DOWN-FACE
02-13-2006, 05:46 PM
is all that really needed to run about 10-12psi on a street car?

turbovanmanČ
02-13-2006, 06:22 PM
is all that really needed to run about 10-12psi on a street car?

The valve body mods yes as they bump the line pressure, I assume your using an MBC, if so, theres more power under the curve and the increased line pressure will help it live.

The retainers are for piece of mind, and you can check out the condition of your spider gears and pinion shaft.

The S is Silent
02-13-2006, 07:09 PM
If you put in the diff pin retainers, remove the roll pin that keeps the diff pin stationary. It'll let the pin roll with the gears, and will lessen the possibility of a gear welding itself to the diff pin.

looneytuner
02-13-2006, 07:25 PM
The only TII atx was the 87 Shelby Lancer. They figured out it wouldn't take 175hp. When they made the 89 TC by Masi, the computer was detuned for the atx to last.

deuce dodge
02-15-2006, 11:21 PM
k-briggs....

forget the tranny......jason is on the level.......................

just buy a tranny/motor combo and we can drop it in and go.....(jason will help) lol.

for the snow white ride.......tighten it up....let arlan do it.......

you're omni needs to be raced.......quit puttin it off...:)

deuce