PDA

View Full Version : Redoing Headliner, How about visors?

DC Turismo
10-21-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm redoing the headliner in my Sundance and the color beige I had to go with is a little lighter than the visors. So I want to redo the visors to match. Has anyone redone visors on their own with headliner material? These visors are stitched around the edge, so just from looking at them it appears the manufacturer tucked any excess fabric inside the cardboard and then topstitched. But I do not know for sure, and would prefer to not tear into it until I have another opinion or two on whether this should be done at home or if it should be sent to an embroidery or upholstery shop.

Thanks in advnace! :)

moparfwdsleeper
10-21-2007, 03:04 AM
I may have another set of shadow visor's outside. I'll check and get back to you with this if I do find one!

GLHS592
10-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Billy, I had a local upholstery shop do my headliner and visors in the same material. I checked into the cost of materials for doing it myself. By the time I purchased everything I needed to do it myself, it was going to cost roughly the same (within a a couple of dimes) as paying them to do it. Since I have never done upholstery work and wasn't confident in my upholstery skills, I let them do it. They turned out great. I know I couldn't have made them look that good.

looneytuner
10-21-2007, 09:33 AM
They are plastic and glued together. I did my own but Kevin is right. It was a pia to figure out how to gently break the glue joints and tuck the fabric and reglue.
If you do try it, get the plastic glue that gets you high. :o The other won't work.