PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a great deal on a top install for my T-2 89 GTC

daytonachad
02-13-2006, 12:01 PM
As the subject line says... I need to find a shop that does GREAT work for a great price... :thumb:
The car is gold with a brownish-tan top and interior. It will also need the piece around the rear window, my glass is in good shape.
I would like to find something within approximately a 3 hr drive from me (I'm in Hartford City Indiana 47348) That would be all of Indiana or Chicago to Cinncinatti/Columbus Oh, Louisville KY, maybe even Detroit for the right shop.
I really want a nice quality job.
Thanks
Chad

fleckster
02-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Do you like the work on the top on my car, Chad? I had a Trim Shop here in Kokomo do mine. Made an appointment for two days later, dropped it off that morning and picked it up after work. I was very pleased. Of course I didn't have to have the part under the glass replaced. Price was right at $500. I had them do the headliner on my Shelby Lancer and was pleased with their work on it and their price ($112 including the overhead console) so they got to do my LeBaron.

daytonachad
05-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Do you have their info?
My 89 needs a tan top and the piece around the rear window, teh glass is good, but the canvas is trashed! (see pics)

fleckster
05-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Kokomo Cover and Trim Shop
227 S. Union
Kokomo, IN
(765) 457-2747

Clay
05-01-2006, 03:25 PM
hey Chad - who had this GTC before you?? Just wondering, it looks like one I almost bought.

daytonachad
05-01-2006, 07:56 PM
hey Chad - who had this GTC before you?? Just wondering, it looks like one I almost bought.
This is the one I went to Cliff R's place in CT to get... traded the Spirit R/T I had for it... the previous owner's TD ID was Raging Hamster? (If I can recall that far back...it's been over a yr ;) )

Clay
05-01-2006, 08:49 PM
ahhh, ok, then is probalby a diff car. The one I was looking at was in Indy (well, Mooresville). same color int/ext, and same top condition! ;)

daytonachad
05-02-2006, 10:14 AM
That would be my guess Clay, I dont think this car got aorund that much.
As far as teh top on my car? There's a story for ya... the top was BAD when I picked the car up... the POS trailer I was using wasnt great. I hauled the RT out to Cliff's and we never could get it centered very well on the crappy trailer. The trailer was very nose heavy, no matter where we put the Spirit. So my brilliant idea was to put the GTC on backwards, that way the heavier part of the car was over the rear of the trailer giving it a NICE smoot ride all the way home. It worked well, too bad it wasn't a coupe.
We were coming into Ohio from the East and the wind started picking up and kept getting worse. By the time we got to Indiana the top had peeled off the car like an orange... long brown strips of canvas were flapping in the breeze over the hood of the car...
Luckily the top was crap anyway and even luckier I have had room in my garage to keep it inside until I get it replaced ;)