PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone build me a 2 stage MBC?

Dave
02-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Wondering if anybody here can build me a multi stage boost controller? I heard that Heath can do them, but I'm not sure if I have the right guy or not.

LMK

Thanks,
-Bryan

cordes
02-13-2006, 10:44 AM
All you really need is a solenoid and a G-vavle or two. Are you looking for somthing more fancy than that?

shelbyplaya
02-13-2006, 03:35 PM
All you really need is a solenoid and a G-vavle or two. Are you looking for somthing more fancy than that?
thats what i use, it works just as good as any other 2 stage i've ever seen

Dave
02-13-2006, 07:58 PM
thats what i use, it works just as good as any other 2 stage i've ever seen

Can you tell me exactly how you made it?

Mario
02-13-2006, 08:38 PM
http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/perform/2stage.htm

Murphy
02-13-2006, 08:45 PM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/untitled1.JPG

I think this is how its setup, someone please correct me if im wrong

Dave
02-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Okay what's the point to drilling a pin-sized hole into the shorter vaccum line in the system?? I read through Dempsey's page and it made some sense, but I don't understand that.

Also where can I get a vaccum solenoid and a toggle switch? Hardware store??

I guess I'm gonna give this a try. Wish me luck!

cordes
02-14-2006, 10:59 AM
You should be able to get the switch at your local parts store. I would go to the JY to get the solenoid. I don't think that you poke a hole in any vac lines though.

ETA: OK, Dempsy puts a hole in the vac lines to relieve the pressure when the valve closes so that the WG is not held open by the pressure trapped in the line. I drill a tiny hole in the grainger above the ball to accomplish the same thing. Either way works I guess.

Dave
02-14-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm ordering a vaccum block off of Cindy, can I just hook up the two vaccum lines from the G-valves to that, along with everything else? Or will it disrupt the signal?

Murphy
02-14-2006, 02:09 PM
ya that should work

on my g-valve it already has the pin sized hole in it...I think its the same one Cindy has...on the elbow side