PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE D@mn turn signal relay 92 IROC R/t And ABS Issue

GLHSKEN
10-12-2007, 04:15 PM
WHERE is IT!!! Signals went out on my 92 IROC R/T need to know where the relay is. Turn signals are non-functional right now. If I press the hazard switch in 1/2 way they work. Fully depressed and locke on... no workie...

HELP!!!!

Stevien1
10-12-2007, 04:25 PM
IIRC, it's a big yellow relay by the column behind the driver knee blocker. I had a 92 Lebaron with a similar turn signal problem and replacing the switch pod ended up fixing it.

GLHSKEN
10-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Chuck.. long time no see... Switch pod... You mean the actual signal lever pod or the BIG yellow thing??

turbovanmanČ
10-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Chuck.. long time no see... Switch pod... You mean the actual signal lever pod or the BIG yellow thing??

Big Bird???? :lol:

GLHSKEN
10-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Ahhh... Simon... no help there...

turbovanmanČ
10-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Ahhh... Simon... no help there...

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Chuck meant the actuall switch pod, up at the instrument cluster. You can try another relay if you want, have any spares?

Do all the bulbs work? I know some cars stop working when one or a few go out.

GLHSKEN
10-12-2007, 04:50 PM
LOL... Yes all bulbs work.. That switch also activated the brights... they work... Hell I'll just buy one of each. Swap them in seperatly and see what one works then I'll have a spare of 1 LOL

turbovanmanČ
10-12-2007, 04:56 PM
LOL... Yes all bulbs work.. That switch also activated the brights... they work... Hell I'll just buy one of each. Swap them in seperatly and see what one works then I'll have a spare of 1 LOL

Its funny but I've had customers come in saying there signals don't work and they've checked ALL the bulbs. I'll do a quick walk around and yep, they missed one, replace it and wow, they now work, :lol:

From what I remember, those switches are friggin expensive, :(

I parted out a 91 Daytona and the signals worked, you can have the relay if you want. Mine wasn't yellow though. If yours has a part number, I can probably match it up with my black/gray ones.

GLHSKEN
10-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Its funny but I've had customers come in saying there signals don't work and they've checked ALL the bulbs. I'll do a quick walk around and yep, they missed one, replace it and wow, they now work, :lol:

From what I remember, those switches are friggin expensive, :(

I parted out a 91 Daytona and the signals worked, you can have the relay if you want. Mine wasn't yellow though. If yours has a part number, I can probably match it up with my black/gray ones.

Main part # 4565015 Thanks bro.

turbovanmanČ
10-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Main part # 4565015 Thanks bro.

Sorry, no match. Called the dealer and of course, there different from 91 to 92, why would they use the same parts, that just makes sense :banghead:

Scottmon
10-14-2007, 08:32 PM
WHERE is IT!!! Signals went out on my 92 IROC R/T need to know where the relay is. Turn signals are non-functional right now. If I press the hazard switch in 1/2 way they work. Fully depressed and locke on... no workie...

HELP!!!!

Sounds like it's not the relay if the signals work with the hazard pushed 1/2 way in. I've been having a similar problem with mine where they'll work in the morning, then more often than not quit working on the drive home from work in the afternoon. Next morning they'll work again! I'm thinking the turn signal cancelling relay in the steering column is flaking out, but haven't had a chance to get to it yet. Been tracking down the wiring gremlins one by one. :thumb: BTW, you should be able to find TS switches to fit Daytonas in LeBarons of the same vintage.

If you still have problems, let me know, I've got all the shop manuals with schematics.

Pat
10-14-2007, 09:11 PM

HELP!!!!

Try adding a ground wire directly to the bulb socket and ground it to the body. I've found that more often that not, an oddball electrical problem that does wierd things with other, separate functions is usually a bad ground somewhere.

GLHSKEN
10-16-2007, 08:18 AM
thanks all. have a flasher relay on the way. We'll see if that works. if not, we'll start chasing it down more

GLHSKEN
10-28-2007, 08:21 AM
Try adding a ground wire directly to the bulb socket and ground it to the body. I've found that more often that not, an oddball electrical problem that does wierd things with other, separate functions is usually a bad ground somewhere.

New flasher in, same issue. So I guess I have a spare

Pat, When depressed half way, the flashers all work and every turn signal activates. So all the bulbs and sockets operate.

There is a panel of relay's on the drivers side kick panel... burried of curse. any of those for the flashers??? Beginning to think it is the switch although the flash to pass still works.

New issue, ABS light in the dash now on. Weird, turn the key to on and leave it there 5 seconds, the obs module uunder the battery goes WHRRRRR for about 2 seconds.

GLHSKEN
10-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Anyone have a G/J body 91/92 turn signal switch. The type mounted in the dash. Also any tips for getting it out without destroying the dash surround it is under. 5 screws, but then it seems locked.

Is the signal deactivate mechaincal or electric. Switch will still turn off... But a mechanical assy from the turn stalk to the switch seems highly unlikely due to placement.

BadAssPerformance
10-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Are you talking about the little hockey stick switch near the upped left of the part of the dash around the guage bezel? If so I have one out of a '91 from a junk yard. One of those "I don't want to leave the jardr empty handed so I'll grab one of these cuz I might need it some day although my Daytona is 4 years older" LOL...

I tried to remove it using tools cuz I'm like that, try not to destroy something another mopar enthusiast will need? but.... I think the dash is built entirely around that thing... if I wasn't allowed to break shiit getting it out, it would have ben crushed with the car!

Want it? I have no idea what it is worth? 1/2 hour to remove? 5 years storage fee? LOL... ;) heck, I'll have to try and find it... pics are free :)

GLHSKEN
10-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Want it.... Sooner the better. Yes hocky stick thing. Shoot me a price.

Ken Adler
8653 Roth farm Lane
Alexandria, KY 41001

The dash has a surround with 5 screws on the bottom side. Still wondering if it could be a relay... Hmm need to pull the service manual.

BadAssPerformance
10-28-2007, 11:59 AM
I'll go see if I have it then. Can ship out Tuesday, I'm, out of town tomorrow. PM me an offer, I have no idea what it goes for?

EDIT: I just found it. The white headlamp logo is slightly worn. I have to go to my work today so I'll put in in the UPS pile. It may go out tomorrow, but for sure by Tuesday when I am back in the office. Don't worry about offer or payment until you get it and it works...

JDAWG
10-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Ken you need the the switch in the column, the hazards switch is giving you a fit, pm me and Ill send you a list of dealers that have one left on their shelf, its ns1

GLHSKEN
10-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Ken you need the the switch in the column, the hazards switch is giving you a fit, pm me and Ill send you a list of dealers that have one left on their shelf, its ns1

Just get it and send me the $$ amount to send to you... turn signals won't work though/??? Oh well.. can never have enough spares.. As always... It will be worth your while..

GLHSKEN
10-28-2007, 03:36 PM
I'll go see if I have it then. Can ship out Tuesday, I'm, out of town tomorrow. PM me an offer, I have no idea what it goes for?

EDIT: I just found it. The white headlamp logo is slightly worn. I have to go to my work today so I'll put in in the UPS pile. It may go out tomorrow, but for sure by Tuesday when I am back in the office. Don't worry about offer or payment until you get it and it works...

Thanks JT like I said... Spares for the car are priceless... How bout $30 shipped

BadAssPerformance
10-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks JT like I said... Spares for the car are priceless... How bout $30 shipped

That sounds like a very fair price if it works... Check it out when you get it and let me know :thumb: check PM for tracking number

GLHSKEN
11-11-2007, 02:34 PM
JDAWG wins the prize... Swapped in JT's switch... no workie... oops.. had the hazard switch on, they worked. Turned the hazard switch off... no workie... At least I know how to get turn signals to work until the new hazard switch arrives....

BadAssPerformance
11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Glad you got it solved :thumb: