PDA

View Full Version : 90 C/S VNT Shadow pictures

glhs875
10-12-2007, 10:13 AM
The car is pretty much bone stock. Still has cat and VNT turbo on the car. I have just recently installed a T2 intercooler in place of the T4 intercooler. Feels like a few ponies were uncovered. With the T4 cooler the car ran a spinning 9.76 @ 77mph w/ 2.45 60' on street radials in 100 deg heat. I will run it again soon with the T2 cooler to get a comparison.

mcsvt
10-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Awesome! :thumb: So simple yet so cool.

glhs875
10-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Thanks! It needs some work to be really nice. But it's a fun daily driver, and I like it!

90Dodgevnt
10-12-2007, 11:22 AM
VERY sharp car!:thumb:

Turbodave
10-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Looks nice, I like the simpleness of the competition package cars.

blk86trbo
10-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Not often you see a silver Shadow, let alone a silver VNT Shadow, let alone a silver VNT CS Shadow! Awesome!

BadAssPerformance
10-12-2007, 12:34 PM
I love it! ... if it were black or bonzai blue I would need to own it! :thumb:

Directconnection
10-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Not often you see a silver Shadow, let alone a silver VNT Shadow, let alone a silver VNT CS Shadow! Awesome!

Not such thing as a CS VNT Shadow. Someone must have added the emblems. It is the "Competition Package"

Should have pumper wheels, as well.

Looks nice and very different in silver.

glhs875
10-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Thank's guys! So it's not supposed to have the emblems on the hood? I put them on. They came with the car, matched the paint scheme, so I stuck em on. If not, I like them anyway. I figured the wheels had been changed. I'll be putting some tastefull aftermarkets on eventually.

2.216VTurbo
10-12-2007, 10:05 PM
I think all the VNT Shadows came with pumpers right? At least thats how I remember it:)

Directconnection
10-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Yes. I have a competition package VNT Shadow and an ES VNT Shadow. Both in red. Both came with pumpers. Even all the T-I Shadows in '90 had pumpers that I have seen.

Daytona strippers were designated the "CS" Shadows the competition package."

Chrysler should have just called them both CS models. I hate telling people what my car is when when I say I am working on a project. Not bad enough telling the guy with a '68 Camaro it's a um...eh.. Shadow.... then add in competition package hoping they will be impressed.

I think you guys know were I'm coming from. Guys are at work around the water cooler... guy's brother has a Chevelle 454, other guy has a 440 road runner... what do you have Steve? I hear you're into cars!

(me)...ummm... Shadow. (them) what's that, I didn't quite hear you? (me) SHADOW! OK! LEAVE ME ALONE! (runs away wimpering)

Mario
10-13-2007, 01:16 AM
^^ It's the worst when you're in the project phase too, because you can't go and humiliate them after them asking. Or how about the "you're making what fast? Why would you want to do that?"

Turbodave
10-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Thank's guys! So it's not supposed to have the emblems on the hood? I put them on. They came with the car, matched the paint scheme, so I stuck em on. If not, I like them anyway. I figured the wheels had been changed. I'll be putting some tastefull aftermarkets on eventually.

The Competition Package cars didn't come with any emblems to call them out as anything but a regular shadow. I've got an 89 that I'm restoring right now. Another that is incorrect, but looks good, is the red pinstripe on the door moldings. 88 and 89 ES models got that, but the competition package cars had the chrome strip in the molding just like the base cars. And like was said above 15" pumpers were the factory wheel.

Not trying to pick your car apart by any means, I think it looks good how it sits, but just wanted to point out what they came with since there isn't a lot of info out there on these cars.

glhs875
10-13-2007, 11:04 AM
The Competition Package cars didn't come with any emblems to call them out as anything but a regular shadow. I've got an 89 that I'm restoring right now. Another that is incorrect, but looks good, is the red pinstripe on the door moldings. 88 and 89 ES models got that, but the competition package cars had the chrome strip in the molding just like the base cars. And like was said above 15" pumpers were the factory wheel.

Not trying to pick your car apart by any means, I think it looks good how it sits, but just wanted to point out what they came with since there isn't a lot of info out there on these cars.

I did the red stripe in the moulding and on the spoiler as well. I thought it looked alot better and was simple to do. I always have liked to stray from original somewhat. I call it personalization.

You know these cars well it seems.

Directconnection
10-13-2007, 11:28 AM

Me neither. I liked the red pinstriping effect with the CS emblems on it. Not correct, but looks factory. I'd leave it the way it is if i bought it that way myself.

DC Turismo
11-12-2007, 12:55 PM
The red stripe definitely sets your car off with the black accents and silver paint scheme. All I have to say is that I want more pics of this!!!

And on another note, the crab rims match up with your car very well! I was never that big of a fan, even though they look nice, of pumpers on P-bodies. I think they look much better on Daytonas.

Devsdaytona
11-16-2007, 02:12 AM
I hate having to explain my Shadow to people too, almost to the point where I don't mention it cause I get alot of greif, mine is of the road and being restored when I have time and money