PDA

View Full Version : Nervous, Bringing my first T3 home tomorrow.

TurbododgePirate
10-08-2007, 10:26 PM
So I made a deal with a guy on another board. He wanted a 99 Neon RT, and I wanted a 91 Spirit RT. So we have decided to trade. I am sitting in the hotel after driving 4 hours. I didn't want to drive 8 in a day. We're supposed to meet tomorrow at noon and trade. The car looks good, and a board member here said it is in great shape, still I'm nervous about driving it home. It has been maintained well, and has about 107K on the clock. New cometic HG, timing belt, and all the necessary items have already been done. Just nervous and excited at the same time. Wish me luck.

Heath

RJ138
10-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Good luck! I am sure you will make it fine, I daily drive one.:nod: Prepare to have FUN!!!;)

cordes
10-08-2007, 10:41 PM
I hope you don't have a planes trains, and automobiles experience. ;)

Turbo224
10-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Nah, you should be fine. Dont listen to the people who claim they are so unreliable. If it has been maintained and you dont beat on it to bad, it will be super reliable. Post some pictures when you get it home.

LowSL2
10-09-2007, 02:03 AM
I was nervous when I picked mine up back in January. But it was only an hour drive away. Got me home. And now it sits. Fastest Spirit R/T on jackstands!! :)

turbovanmanČ
10-09-2007, 03:52 AM
I hope you have Triple AAA, ;)

Just kidding...... :clap: Sounds like all the usual stuff has been done but theres is a chance something else could go, thats the beauty of cars. Once you drive it, man on man, your not going to be able to wipe the smile off your face. :amen:

TurbododgePirate
10-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks simon, I have AAA plus, I got it just for this trip.

It's going to get babied home. :)

85shelbycharger
10-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Awesome Heath, awesome. You'll finally have a running TD again!!! First one since the Mini!!

RJ138
10-09-2007, 10:35 AM

Awww thats no fun! Things tend to go wrong with my R/T if I baby it too much, so be careful.:D

mcsvt
10-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Heath if you'd rather have a simple 8 valver I'm sure I could replace that Spirit with a Daytona :eyebrows:

85shelbycharger
10-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Heath if you'd rather have a simple 8 valver I'm sure I could replace that Spirit with a Daytona :eyebrows:

Why settle for a heavy Daytona?...I'll trade ya an Omni :p :eyebrows:

mcsvt
10-09-2007, 04:07 PM
ok, ok. Pat you can have my Daytona, I'll take the Omni and trade Heath that, much better right? :)

85shelbycharger
10-09-2007, 04:26 PM
ok, ok. Pat you can have my Daytona, I'll take the Omni and trade Heath that, much better right? :)

Hahaha that works for me Gary! :p

tryingbe
10-09-2007, 04:54 PM

That's only 100 miles free tow.

Turbodave
10-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Of the 6 Spirit R/T's I've owned none have given me any issues getting them home. My experience is that if the straps holding it onto the trailer are tight after the first miles they will usually be good for the entire trip. Haven't had one fall off yet:thumb: .

Seriously though, have a safe and uneventful trip Heath. One of the R/T's I bought this summer made a couple trips from IL to Mexico each year without any incidents, so they can certainly be a reliable cruiser.

denviola
10-09-2007, 07:16 PM
I towed mine more than 300 miles home. I agree with the above post about the smile on your face once you drive it for the first time, something about scary fast for a 4 dr sedan - having never driven a TIII before.
I'm babying mine until the winter, then going to clean it up and park it. Little bit of planned work and new paint in the spring are in the works.
Enjoy!

Denny

TurbododgePirate
10-09-2007, 09:06 PM
That's only 100 miles free tow.

Thankfully didn't need one mile of it. And they'll help me out with the title stuff.

Seriously though, have a safe and uneventful trip Heath. One of the R/T's I bought this summer made a couple trips from IL to Mexico each year without any incidents, so they can certainly be a reliable cruiser.

Dave, Thanks, the trip went great! Smooth running car.

I towed mine more than 300 miles home. I agree with the above post about the smile on your face once you drive it for the first time, something about scary fast for a 4 dr sedan - having never driven a TIII before.
I'm babying mine until the winter, then going to clean it up and park it. Little bit of planned work and new paint in the spring are in the works.
Enjoy!

Denny

Denny you are absolutley right. Wow, it is at about 12 psi on a grainger and the thing is scary fast. I've never driven a T3 before, and wow, I can't wait to get my 2.4 powered Charger on the road.... it doesn't weigh NEARLY what this car does, and it felt like the front end wanted to pull off the car. The car has a lot of dents/dings/scratches, but I wanted something inexpensive that I could restore with some light bolt on's.

dds78910
10-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm glad things went good, congrats on getting a R/T!

2.216VTurbo
10-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Thankfully didn't need one mile of it. And they'll help me out with the title stuff.

Dave, Thanks, the trip went great! Smooth running car.

Denny you are absolutley right. Wow, it is at about 12 psi on a grainger and the thing is scary fast. I've never driven a T3 before, and wow, I can't wait to get my 2.4 powered Charger on the road.... it doesn't weigh NEARLY what this car does, and it felt like the front end wanted to pull off the car. The car has a lot of dents/dings/scratches, but I wanted something inexpensive that I could restore with some light bolt on's.

Um, did you discover this while you were "babying" the car home:lol: How long did that last about 5 miles or so;) ?

Pics ?

mark
10-10-2007, 12:55 PM
welcome to the R/T club!

TurbododgePirate
10-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Um, did you discover this while you were "babying" the car home:lol: How long did that last about 5 miles or so;) ?

Pics ?

Well I had to get on the on ramps now didn't I? And up the hills on I 70 in West Virginia :)

denviola
10-10-2007, 09:11 PM

First couple of times are most excellent. Mine has a Grainger and the boost gauge in the pod snaps to 15 psi. Guess the trick is to drive it gently if possible! (Not possible!)
Like you, mine needs some attention - paint and ding repair, but is mostly complete. It does torque steer a little, not bad at all. And I like the SRT 4 wheel look that is in your other thread, must do that!
Enjoy!
Denny

WVRampage
10-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Glad to hear ot home.

DC Turismo
10-10-2007, 11:15 PM
And it looks and sounds pretty good people! Pat and I raced up to see it shortly after Heath got home yesterday. Haven't seen the smile on his face that big since A) his protege was born and B) the Charger's dynamic pink-ness. HAHA

Glad to see everything went well Heath! I'm happy for ya.

But all this talk about babying it! PLEASE! Guys, he was going to try and get it plated and what not so he coudl drag race it this Friday night :lol: :lol:

denviola
10-11-2007, 05:31 AM
And it looks and sounds pretty good people! Pat and I raced up to see it shortly after Heath got home yesterday. Haven't seen the smile on his face that big since A) his protege was born and B) the Charger's dynamic pink-ness. HAHA

Glad to see everything went well Heath! I'm happy for ya.

But all this talk about babying it! PLEASE! Guys, he was going to try and get it plated and what not so he coudl drag race it this Friday night :lol: :lol:

Busted!
or, if you think about it, there are very few days left at the drags till next year so you CAN justify the urgency!

WVRampage
10-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Ill loan you a good plate if you want to race it,It may just say its a geo or a ford or a volvo.

TurbododgePirate
10-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Nah, waiting on the classic plates.