PDA

View Full Version : sensor woes

t3rse
02-12-2006, 04:47 AM
My coolant temp sensor is bugging me. I have a digital readout on it and it is way low. This is the third sensor I have put in it. The first read 158 at warm and 176 at the most, after beating on it. The second maxed at 113, damn near overheating, oil vaporizing. This one is a genuine 50 ----ing dollar mopar sensor, and the seems to be warm at 99 (egts look good and idle levels out) and seems to be pretty warm around 106. It is a two wire sensor. Two guages hooked to it read lower than those did with the first sensor, so the guage is not the issue, the latter of which being the readout on the SDS standalone which adjusts variables based on temp, which is why I need to remedy this issue.

TIIICARAVAN
02-12-2006, 12:20 PM
is it in the stock location?

t3rse
02-12-2006, 01:56 PM
in the t-stat housing, under the turbo return.

t3rse
02-14-2006, 02:47 PM
come on somebody! This is causing my car to start like ----, the comp over richens it and I have to hold it at 3k to get the car to warm up. It's reading 5 degrees when it's 50 outside.

jckrieger
02-23-2006, 08:32 PM
Aren't you supposed to use a special GM coolant sensor for the SDS? I suspect that's where your issue lies, since each computer setup relies on different resistance values to calculate temperature. If you're using the stock computer, check the sensor resistance at different temperatures (ambient is easy enough) and check the resistance with the tables in the service manual. If the sensor's resistance is ok, then you have a wiring/connector issue.