PDA

View Full Version : L-body front clip

The S is Silent
02-12-2006, 01:58 AM
How the heck do I get the front fascia off of a charger? I've tried over and over again and I have no idea how it's all held on! I want to get it off to make putting in the IC easier.

I keep seeing pictures of L-bodies with the fronts off and it's mocking me!!!!

bobr19
02-12-2006, 12:20 PM
How the heck do I get the front fascia off of a charger? I've tried over and over again and I have no idea how it's all held on! I want to get it off to make putting in the IC easier.

I keep seeing pictures of L-bodies with the fronts off and it's mocking me!!!!
Jack the frt of the car up and place on jackstands, pull both wheels, pull plastic inner panels-- at very frt, under fender you will find 5, 10 MM nuts on each side holding faica to fender --use socket and long extension and spray with rust pent,--rest of the bolts can be seen around hood latch assembly--bobr19

Turbodave
02-13-2006, 04:45 PM
And if the rust penetrant doesn't work gently insert a sawzall blade between the fender and facia and pull the trigger. A hacksaw might be wiser if your more timid and don't have a few spare facias around. Every Shelby Charger I've pulled apart has had messed up fasteners on the facia that gave me trouble.

TurbododgePirate
02-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Yup, the fasteners will pull out of the fiberglass support and spin, and spin, and spin............... BIG PITA, I am using antiseize when I reassemble.

The S is Silent
02-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks guys