PDA

View Full Version : got a 88 shelby z roller, perfect!!

cs daytona
10-04-2007, 09:57 PM
i bought a 88 shelby z from cindy at fwdp. it has a near perfect body exept for the small dent on the lf fender. paint is crap but everything else is 400Xs better than my 89 daytona shelby.

i plan to do a suspension, drivetrain, and other stuff swap to the 88. but i have a question.... will my 89 rear wing fit to the 88? cus my 89 center wing does not have a center "stand". and my 88 (which the wing parts are missing) has 2 holes and a tear drop shaped ring on the decklid that looks like the 88 wing had a center stand.

i looked up rear pics of 87 and 88s and some had a center stand and some didnt. wtf?? would it be correct to swap and will the holes? also i think it had rear louvers (which are also missing) if that matters.

thanks for the help in advance
travis

85shelbycharger
10-07-2007, 06:16 PM
The spoilers will interchange, but you'll just have to fill the holes for the center mounting post in your hatch. You'll also have to change out both of the side pieces of the spoiler as well because the '87 and '88's were "shorter" than the '89 and up spoilers.

cs daytona
10-07-2007, 08:12 PM
well crap then ill just have to get all 3 from another car then, alright then thanks for the input.

i would have never known it was shorter just by looking at it.