PDA

View Full Version : no motor .. no tranny .. no problem

reject
02-11-2006, 07:58 PM
As long as the body and all is fairly rust free. Imma be loking to aquire a project soon. Am looking to spend around $500 or so for a Charger preferrably .. maybe a first gen Daytona and would consider an Omni. AM intending on embarking on a very long term project. Would honestly prefer a car that's been started already (motor/tranny pulled). I'm in NE FL (Jacksonville) and travel to pick up will be ok provided it isn't too far.Let's see what is availible.

The S is Silent
02-11-2006, 08:29 PM
I've got an 85 Horizon with a GLH HO swap in it that has been sitting in my yard for a while in Aiken, SC. the body is in good shape (no rust). One of the quarter pannels on front is dented, but I have a matching one to go with it. The interior is red, and in pretty awesome shape. The carpet is dirty and the headliner is sagging, but other than that, it's nice. The seats are pretty mint looking. I also have a 5-lug setup that can go with it. If you want it, it's yours. Just help us pull the engine and put the front suspension back together and put the passenger rear brakes back together, and you can have it. The wiring harness is also bad, but if you want if for a project, that doesn't matter.

As far as I'm concerned, my mom would probably pay you to take it...lol. Maybe not, but it's your's if you want to make the trip. We can talk price when and if you are interested. Probably $100 or so for the car and the 5-lug swap. $200 if you want the HO engine and headers that are on it now. It also comes with a bitchin' little steering wheel. Pics are here: www.clemson.edu/~mkessin

Dig through the folders and you'll find the pics. The path will reveal itself when you check.

reject
02-12-2006, 01:50 PM
In all honesty, its a lil far to travel as I'd be borrowing a truck to come tow her home and the thought of driving to SC and back in a day doesn't really make me smile. Price is right though, would def. prefer the five lug setup to come with it but you could keep the motor if you'd like. Hmm, Imma keep the options open, and if nothing else pops up, I'll be in touch (no more than a couple weeks). If anything happens to her in the meantime, let me know. Thanks man ..

- Rob

Reaper1
02-24-2006, 03:28 AM
I have a van that I'm willing to part ways with! Of course it's a complete basket case and most of it is apart already. It could come with a convert-a-bed and a whole bunch of nice spare stuff(door seals, window scrapers, ect), and possibly a Ford PS IC for the right price(not installed) ;)

EM me if you're interested: 1reaper@bellsouth.net

*please note the drivetrain&custom gages are NOT included if you buy this vehicle*

reject
02-26-2006, 12:41 PM
not really wanting a van anymore, at one point i'd jump all over it .. but i miss my charger :(

iniviate
02-26-2006, 03:13 PM
i have an 85 GLH and am local.

it's got a 3" mandrel bent turbo back exhuast, Ceramic clutch disc, "hurst" shifter, adjustable FPR, and converted to the blow through intake running 87 electronics. i also have a "stage 5" computer for it, but the injectors and map are on the shadow now. i have an intercooler i can include, but you would need to install it.

the interior is pretty rough. however, with the exception of carpet, i have the complete interior out of my old GLH, which was in very good shape. it will come with the car.

there are 2 minor rust spots on the car. it's one of the more rust free omni's i've seen.

the head was recently rebuilt. the turbo is good and doesn't smoke. however, it needs a new shortblock. it's got exceptional blow-by and smokes pretty bad. the car went 13.7 @ 105 on ~20psi before i trashed the bottom end, and would run with 110mph cars on the skreet.

i'd like to get $1500 for it. i'll put a good used shortblock in it for $1800. it comes with a whole pile of spare parts, as i'm done with 8 valve motors. free delivery within jacksonville.

feel free to make offers or come look at it in person. cash talks. :thumb:

reject
02-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Doesnt really line up with the $500 budget, but thanks for the heads up on the car Iniviate.