PDA

View Full Version : Dodge 600 Convertible Rear window's

GLHSKEN
09-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Need a help here. How the hell do you get to the rear window motor mechanism. Trying to take the interior trim out to fix the DAMN window. Motor spins great... does not engage the track... Already fixed one door today and installed new"er" door panel... Just looking to get her in a condition to sell. 2.5L intercooled Cliff Remsdell built tranny... Car flies...

ottawa rogue
10-01-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't know for sure either, but i'll be watching this thread with interest because i have to replace the drive track in the r/r window of my '86 lebaron convertible

Turbodave
10-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Never had them apart on my 86 vert, knock on wood, both of mine are still working too.

Vigo
10-01-2007, 03:26 PM
take out the whole rear seat! have fun!

i was hoping you were looking for some so i could sell you mine..

dodgeboy77
10-08-2007, 09:02 PM
GLHSKEN,
I have some experience with this as I took a j-yard car apart to get the rr window motor mechanism out. This was about a year ago so I'm going from memory. I'm working on an '85 600.

First - disassemble the entire car. Just kidding, but it's nearly that bad. Okay, seriously. Take out the back seat. The tricky part here is that there are two 10 mm (head size) bolts that go into the top corners of the seat back from behind and are under vinyl. To get at them under the vinyl covering, you need to either slit the vinyl with a razor or remove the metal strip that goes across the top of the rear panel at the top of the seat. Here's the rub - the metal strip is riveted on. So to remove it you have to drill out all the rivets. Thank you Chrysler.

Next, take the inside armrest panel off that covers the lower window area. This has the seatbelt mechanism behind it and also the speaker. This panel is upholstered on the armrest side but is fiberglass underneath. It is attached (with 10mm bolts again) to the panel behind the rear seat which is also fiberglass. There are phillips head screws holding this on, too, and some may be tricky to get at.

Under that corner piece, there is a frame brace that is specific to convertibles. That unbolts and I believe the seatbelt mechanism needs to come off, too.

My memory is a bit foggy about this next part but there is an access panel that then comes off of the part of the body that will uncover the window motor. Before this comes off you need to unfasten the glass from the mechanism, which you can do through access holes. I think, but I'm not sure, that the motor is attached to the access panel. Torx screws maybe - I forget. Regardless, once you've gotten that far, you'll figure it out.

Once all that was taken apart, the motor assembly was a PITA to get out of the hole. I remember that I had to turn it every which way to finally get it out. Cussing may be required.

My ragtop is out in the garage right now while I do some floor repair to it. I have waited for this floor job before replacing the rr window motor because I knew it would be a big job and right now I already have the back seat out to replace the carpet.

Good luck with the job. Let us know how accurate I was on what has to be done to get to the motor. Bill

PS: The window motor gears are still available. Dorman, I believe.

"Top Fuel" Bender
10-08-2007, 11:05 PM
i used the air chisel on the quater panel to get them out of the vert
lmk if you still need the motors, they're upstairs in the garage

GLHSKEN
10-09-2007, 06:20 AM
Thanks Dodgeboy... Much appreciated. Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend.

BIGBRUDDA
10-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I did 1 once....... long ago Ken. Peeling the fender skin off is a reasonable alternative here.:confused: Or get a monkey with 4 ft arms to help.:amen: