PDA

View Full Version : Progressive or What I Already Have?

amcpacer
09-27-2007, 08:05 PM
My Laser T1 needs water injection soon! Lately I have read about the new progressive kits from snow and devils. They look awesome. The problem is I already bought a bunch of parts to make my own water injection system and probably spent way too much.

Should I just sell all of this stuff on ebay and get a progressive kit? I wonder what all of my stuff is worth 2nd hand and unused. The progressive kits would be easier than my simple 2 stage design.

Advice from experts needed! And anyone who wants to buy my parts should I buy a progressive system or just use what I have?

Here is what I already have: All of the following parts were purchased from McMaster-Carr

100 psi Shurflo 1.8-6.8 gpm 12V pump

4' of polyurethane 1/4" tubing
lots of quick connect fittings for the tubing

2 12V Solenoid Valves

2 adjustable pressure switches

12 different pressure washer nozzles with check valve and strainer and of varying GPM ratings

A couple rolls of electrical wiring

Dez
09-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Why not stick with that?

That sounds like it would work just fine, IMO.

mario03SRT
09-28-2007, 09:03 AM
amcpacer,

Sounds like you have it covered. A 2 stage can work pretty well but not quite as smooth as a progressive controller.

What is the boost going to be and what are your HP goals? This really dictates your setup. Let me know. And I'll try to help you size the nozzle(s), I may have one here I'll give you that will outperform a washer nozzle. My guess is that a single stage will do you just fine on a 200 hp 15 psi or so engine.

You can always just buy a controller too if you want and add it to you setup.

FYI,
Marion