PDA

View Full Version : Warping of P-body Dashes?

DC Turismo
09-27-2007, 07:24 PM
If one is sitting in the passenger seat of a P-body, looking at the top of the dash, follow the line made by the left hand side of the glovebox straight up to where the metal meets the rubbery material. Is it just my luck, or is every P-body in the world have a little sag right there in that spot? My CSX has a slight warp right there, and although its probably not worth replacing the dash, I'd like to. But scouting the Jyard yesterday not a single one is good.

Has anyone else noticed this, and if so, is there an easy fix compared to pulling a dash?

raccoon
09-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Picture?

DC Turismo
09-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Try to get one this weekend.

CSXVNT461
10-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Cant quite picture where your talking about, but I'll check the three i have here if ya get a pic. I pulled my dash last night and OMG avoid it if you can. I guess it wasnt that bad but I never expected the wiring to be so integrated lol why cant they make them plugs come apart easier....

OMNI-Potent
10-02-2007, 08:58 PM
I've got it too.....

DC Turismo
10-04-2007, 12:30 AM
I haven't been down my garage in over a week. I'll try to get down there tomorrow though for sure.

Every dash I am seeing in the junkyards has the same warp between the mushy rubber part at the top of the dash and the metal type part that meets the window.

DC Turismo
10-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Still did not get down to the CSX. Got tied up with changing the heater core in my Sundance. Needless to say, here is the general area in which this small warp seems to occur, diagonally up and to the right of the center vents, between the soft part on the top of the dash and the plastic snap on front cover. Does anyone know what I mean by this?

moparfwdsleeper
10-21-2007, 03:06 AM
I could really use the pic from the csx, do really getting it

raccoon
10-21-2007, 06:27 AM
I think i know what he means, my 91 sundance's dash wasn't flat by any means on the right side.

CSXVNT461
11-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Yes now I know exactly what you mean, I remeber a friends 93 back when it was new and it had that spot also. It looks like it was just from the way it stretched over that spot when it was being made, I think theyre all like that to some degree.