PDA

View Full Version : N20 nozzle mounting on aluminum pipe?

iTurbo
02-11-2006, 06:23 AM
I would like to install a wet nitrous system on one of my TDs. Can the nozzle be mounted onto thin-wall aluminum piping with parts that come in a typical nitrous kit?

Any suggestions on what kit is best for SOHC turbo dodge?

Clay
02-11-2006, 10:51 AM
It could, but you would be better off buying a bung for the nozzle and having that welded to the aluminum thin wall pipe. NOS makes bungs for doing just that.

Personally, I would run 1 90 degree nitrous nozzle (nozzles have fittings for both fuel and nitrous, and mix them at the end), and put that nozzle just in front of the TB.

This kit would be perfect:

http://www.holley.com/data/products/pictures/large05132NOS.jpg

10 lb bottle, single nozzle injection, comes will all the switches and solenoids. 50 -> 150 HP, PN 05132NOS

Clay

iTurbo
02-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Cool thanks!

turbomopar87
02-11-2006, 07:05 PM
how much is that kit...about?

Clay
02-12-2006, 12:38 PM
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=/egnsearch.asp&N=400047

499.95 at summit racing

Only problem is the kit lists as a Suburu kit, the one shown on the NOS homepage is a generic sport compact kit:

http://www.holley.com/products.asp?product=05132NOS

which is what you want. Just a universal single nozzle kit.

Its going to be around $500 no matter how you slice it.

clay

cordes
02-19-2006, 01:43 AM
How much do those nozzles flow? I have read of guys using the No2 fogger nozzles for alky injection, and was thinking it might be the ticket for a more reliable conection rather than using cold start injectors.

Clay
02-19-2006, 10:11 AM
you put a "pill" in the inlet side of the nozzle that limits the flow of fuel or nitrous (depending on the pill orifice size). thats how hou can adjust the HP level.

You can use them for just about anything you want, fuel only, alcohol, etc.

cordes
02-19-2006, 08:03 PM
you put a "pill" in the inlet side of the nozzle that limits the flow of fuel or nitrous (depending on the pill orifice size). thats how hou can adjust the HP level.

You can use them for just about anything you want, fuel only, alcohol, etc.

Thanks. I will try to find out exactly how much each jet will flow. Just trying to figure out how many nozzles I will need.

jre97
03-16-2006, 11:28 PM
There are "bigger" nozzles but they are for extreme uses. Most of your basic nozzles will flow enough to support at least an extra 150hp and some you just have to change the jet holders in the nozzle to get to 200 and above. My nitrous works nozzle was like that and the nos nozzle that I use for my alky injection is like that but I just used the base model jet holders.

WVRampage
03-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Im using the NOS_5208 for the turbo dodge it works well although its jetted a bit rich still. Right now its about 30 hp at the tires.

Ground Rat
03-17-2006, 08:21 PM
If you want to save some money, be patient until you see a good deal on a used kit. I posted want ads on about 10 different message boards and found a kit in less than a week. I got a complete Zex kit w/ bottle heater and a full bottle for $200. Any wet kit with a single nozzle (for both fuel and n2o) that flows enough for the power you want will work. Try to place the nozzle at least 6" before the TB.

GLHNSLHT2
03-18-2006, 01:42 AM
Why before the TB? Why not in the neck of the intake? Just curious. Never used Nitrous and thought about maybe getting a system that could be hidden. Something just for that little extra kick.

PUNKSLIP
03-18-2006, 03:21 AM
I guess I would have to ask the same question, why before the TB? I've had a couple N0S systems, but with the old school under the carb. setup. I would like to shoot it directly onto the compressor wheel to aid spoolup and, well......

John

Clay
03-18-2006, 09:48 AM
The nitrous companies always seem to recommend right before the TB, and probably for a couple of reasons:

I. allows time for the N2O and fuel to atomize

II. allows the nitrous to cool the intake charge a bit.

but Im only guessing.

as for the nitrous helping to spool the turbo........ there wont be enough of the nitrous itself to help turn the impeller of the turbo, plus thats the wrong side to be turning. The nitrous helps spool the turbo when its burned through the combustion chamber, not because its injected into the turbo.

clay

WVRampage
03-21-2006, 01:33 PM
The mounting is easy drill a hole and tap it with the tap that comes with the kit and then screw the nozzle in im using exhaust pipe for the intake si it may be thinker than what you have. The NOS fogger nozzle that came with my kit was 1/16 NPT its been on my little truck now since 2002 or 03 and I have only used 2 bottles the main noticible difference is less traction and when it hooks a higher mph in the 1/4. On 10 psi and the nitrous I ran a 14.66@98.18 then I put in bigger injectors and got drag radials and the clutch packs in the trans started slipping real bad so I still havent gotten a good run with it and its now got a 5 speed in it so that may change alot. I think the before the TB is for beter atomzation.