PDA

View Full Version : 87 GLHS v. 96 Mustang GT

SoCalCSX
09-26-2007, 11:07 PM
So four of us were riding around in Josh's(87glhs232) 'S and stopped for gas. While we were there a Mustang pulls in and we started talking shop and asked the guy if he wanted to race. So we fill up the 'S and pull out behind the Mustang and hit the first light we got to. Keep in mind there are four of us in the 'S and one guy in the 'Stang. So we take off as the light turns green and the poor 'Stang never had a chance. First gear we had a fender on him, second gear was 1 1/2-2 cars,and by the end of third gear it was too many lengths to count. Better luck next time:lol:

Mustang had a 4.6 with intake/headers/exhaust/MSD ignition in case anyone cares

GLHS592
09-26-2007, 11:11 PM
...by the end of third gear it was too many lengths to count.

:lol: Beating people with a car loaded down is funny.

2.216VTurbo
09-27-2007, 02:11 AM
That is too funny, 750 extra pounds of testosterone riding around in the S car. Let's see, you go about 275# right Branden, Josh a little less, Scotty is about 120# soaking wet:D

BTW, we're doing a little impromptu SD meeting tomorrow evening (Thursday) at Irwindale raceway:evil: Up for a little road trip???

87glhs232
09-27-2007, 03:29 AM
:nod: Murdered him.

We were wondering about the extra weight. Branden is 220, I'm the 275 you though B was, your right on with Scotty at 120, and we had Kelly at another 120ish. With a nearly full tank of gas and my sound system thats around 500lbs overweight (excluding me of course).

I launched soft too. Poor Mustang :wave1:

mustangsally
09-27-2007, 03:40 AM
Ok OKAY I get it! I'm trying to save up for an S car.... I can't take the pressure! :p I think a part of me just died :mecry: Although, I did get a marriage proposal this morning while cruising with the windows down. :confused: Wonder if the S car will get me the same reaction? :eyebrows:

87glhs232
09-27-2007, 03:46 AM
Wonder if the S car will get me the same reaction? :eyebrows:

I would oblige....:love:

fleckster
09-27-2007, 04:42 AM
Sally, my neighbor has an '87 GLHS that he has told me he was wanting to sell before. He says it is more than he wanted as he had owned a Shelby Charger a long time ago and ended up buying this one off E Bay a couple years ago now. His exact quote to me was "I'd sell it for what I got in it if I could just have enough to get a stock Garnet Shelby Charger." He was saying he wanted $2000 for it. Now it does/did have a bunch of miles on it but the engine was much newer as it had been rebuilt and has a few performance mods done by the previous owner and I thought he said it was around 40-50K on it. It HAD a descent body with no rust or obvious dents and such, just the usual clear coat fade and peal. It just sat in his driveway all the time and he barely ever drove it. Then all of the sudden, it was gone. I thought maybe he had finally sold it. It was gone for a couple weeks. Then one day, it was back! It has been repainted! It looks great from the road! (I haven't gone up and looked at it up any closer than driving by.) It doesn't have its decal kit back on it and I don't know if he is planning on putting it back on. I would imagine that it could still be bought but I'm sure he would have to have more than $2000 for it now.

I'm sure your marriage proposal has more to do with you than with the car you were driving. I bet you could still get one/them with an S-car from guys outside this Forum as long as the car looked as nice and shiny as your newer Mustang! Especially if you had just got done waxing them from light to light!

2.216VTurbo
09-27-2007, 11:21 AM
:nod: Murdered him.

We were wondering about the extra weight. Branden is 220, I'm the 275 you though B was, your right on with Scotty at 120, and we had Kelly at another 120ish. With a nearly full tank of gas and my sound system thats around 500lbs overweight (excluding me of course).

I launched soft too. Poor Mustang :wave1:

Dammit! Keep getting you guys mixed up:o Hey, you guys wouldn't be interested in switching avatars would you:D ? Then maybe I could keep you guys strait. Pretty good guessing on the weight, I used to work for the carnival you know:lol: Been a loooong time since I had three buds in the GLHS out looking for trouble at night, good ole days;)... I'm jealous!

mustangsally
09-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks Josh :) But you know - you'd have to share the S car with me. Or...fight me for it as the case would probably be ;)

Sally, my neighbor has an '87 GLHS that he has told me he was wanting to sell before. He says it is more than he wanted as he had owned a Shelby Charger a long time ago and ended up buying this one off E Bay a couple years ago now. His exact quote to me was "I'd sell it for what I got in it if I could just have enough to get a stock Garnet Shelby Charger." He was saying he wanted $2000 for it. Now it does/did have a bunch of miles on it but the engine was much newer as it had been rebuilt and has a few performance mods done by the previous owner and I thought he said it was around 40-50K on it. It HAD a descent body with no rust or obvious dents and such, just the usual clear coat fade and peal. It just sat in his driveway all the time and he barely ever drove it. Then all of the sudden, it was gone. I thought maybe he had finally sold it. It was gone for a couple weeks. Then one day, it was back! It has been repainted! It looks great from the road! (I haven't gone up and looked at it up any closer than driving by.) It doesn't have its decal kit back on it and I don't know if he is planning on putting it back on. I would imagine that it could still be bought but I'm sure he would have to have more than $2000 for it now.

I'm sure your marriage proposal has more to do with you than with the car you were driving. I bet you could still get one/them with an S-car from guys outside this Forum as long as the car looked as nice and shiny as your newer Mustang! Especially if you had just got done waxing them from light to light!

Well that was a rollercoaster ride....I was all excited at first...then I kept reading! http://smiliesftw.com/x/laugh2.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Perhaps...but he first rolled up to me with a "Nice car"...then came back and proposed. I'm thinking, dude, you drive a Nissan Maxima... :confused: :D jk!

87glhs232
09-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks Josh :) But you know - you'd have to share the S car with me. Or...fight me for it as the case would probably be ;)

Pssh....I'm dreaming of his and hers 'S cars :D

86Shelby
09-27-2007, 09:53 PM
First gear we had a fender on him, second gear was 1 1/2-2 cars,and by the end of third gear it was too many lengths to count.

In Nebraska, after 3 cars we begin measuring in bus lengths. Great story! Makes me miss my GLHS.

SoCalCSX
09-27-2007, 10:07 PM
In Nebraska, after 3 cars we begin measuring in bus lengths. Great story! Makes me miss my GLHS.

:lol: Good one! I would have to say 2-3 bus lengths then:amen:

mustangsally
09-27-2007, 10:13 PM

Have I told you that I like how you think? :nod:

Vigo
09-28-2007, 11:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=turbo+maxima&search=Search

Other great hits in this epic compilation include:

'I run 11s on 10psi+75shot!'

'I run 11s on 14psi and 93!'

and the ever popular

'Supras aint got ---- on my turbo maxima!'

All this for only $0.00, Thanks to Google!

Also, good race. i wish i had raced more older 4.6s in my intrepid when it was running right. after i waxed a 2000+ auto GT in it i was like holy crap i coulda been embarassing people left and right if only id known how slow they were!

imo the rear seat passengers in a 2400 lb 2 door hatch have to count as having lost in some way too, tho :p

Ondonti
09-28-2007, 03:02 PM
imo the rear seat passengers in a 2400 lb 2 door hatch have to count as having lost in some way too, tho :p
Not after 5 minutes when the feeling returns to their feet.

Birddog
09-30-2007, 12:33 AM
Mustang had a 4.6 with intake/headers/exhaust/MSD ignition in case anyone cares

Nice kill!
Wait till you whack an S197! Mmmmmm that's good!:D

slasky
09-30-2007, 02:10 AM
Wonder if the S car will get me the same reaction? :eyebrows:

I would think that you would not even need a car for that.

2.216VTurbo
09-30-2007, 02:00 PM

Josh, I know you are trying to get a San Diego SD/TD chapter going but stealing Sally away to boost membership AND attendance at the meetings is kind of hitting below the belt dontcha think:( ? It's exactly the kind of tactic I would try BTW:D I could just see you PMing all the members, telling em Sally was gonna be at the meet with her GLHS:partywoot: :thumb:

GLHSKEN
09-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Hmmm Her GLHS... What gives Allen??

mustangsally
10-01-2007, 01:02 AM
It's exactly the kind of tactic I would try BTW:D

Try or did? :p

87glhs232
10-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Josh, I know you are trying to get a San Diego SD/TD chapter going but stealing Sally away to boost membership AND attendance at the meetings is kind of hitting below the belt dontcha think:( ? It's exactly the kind of tactic I would try BTW:D I could just see you PMing all the members, telling em Sally was gonna be at the meet with her GLHS:partywoot: :thumb:

Why Allen....I have no idea what your talking about :angel:

Try or did? :p
Haha! :fencing:

turbokid
04-05-2008, 10:06 PM
I had my dads glhs loaded with 5 people and we raced my english teacher lmao. He has an 07 gt. I hit 3rd and that was the end but I scared everybody in the car=)