PDA

View Full Version : Cant find an OBX posi????

Dave
02-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Okay I've ebayed it and googled it... all Ebay has are OBX posies for imports, none for the 420A tranny in the Neon. Google, all I get there is some nudist site. :confused:

Anyways, anyone know where can I get one?? Their website sucks, only thing performance-wise on their page are exhaust systems.

Also don't I need an adapter plate for this posi to fit a 413?

Thanks,
-Bryan

BadAssPerformance
02-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Search ebay for: 'obx neon' and you should find one...

I beleive Frank had some spacers made for the A-413?

SwiftTech
02-10-2006, 09:41 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-LSD-HELICAL-DIFFERENTIAL-94-04-DODGE-NEON-420A-2-0L_W0QQitemZ8036773910QQcategoryZ33601QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

is this what you were looking for? :thumb:
too bad its a buy it now and not an auction

Dave
02-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Okay thanks guys! Found it all.

BIG PSI
02-10-2006, 10:40 PM
My question is this: Does anyone make the adapter(s) to bolt this posi in a 413.
I would hate to spend that much only to find I can't get it to work.

Chuck

looneytuner
02-11-2006, 12:26 AM
They are comiing. I'm in line on the other site. I think Una is also thinking about making them.

boost geek
02-11-2006, 12:49 AM
$415 plus shipping. I bought mine here...
http://cgi.ebay.ca/OBX-Helical-LSD-95-99-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-RS-GS-2-0L-NT_W0QQitemZ8035814600QQcategoryZ33731QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BadAssPerformance
02-11-2006, 12:51 AM
How was the service from them? Did it install ok?

boost geek
02-11-2006, 01:03 AM
Item was shipped to Canada, came pretty quick. They also quoted the value at $50, so not much duty.
The bearings fit snug, used a large vice (I use a vice at work often, works good if your carefull), use the old inner race as a sleeve to push them on, or use a press. We have a press, but it's a pos, I prefer the vice. if you turn the piece a quarter turn, and start the bearing straight, it works great.
I didnt have to cut the axle either, if it wont slide in, dont force it. Pull it out, turn it a notch or 2, try again. In certain positions it'll slide in all the way effortlessly, at least mine did. I had to install an extra shim, half the thickness of the original one that came out, still have a couple extras left.

BadAssPerformance
02-11-2006, 01:14 AM
sounds good

Frank
02-11-2006, 10:16 AM
My question is this: Does anyone make the adapter(s) to bolt this posi in a 413.
I would hate to spend that much only to find I can't get it to work.

Chuck

See my poll. If people are truely serious about it, I might be able to step up the productions time frame of this...
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1503

We are about to have the prototypes made.

Frank

87csx2.4
02-11-2006, 11:46 AM
I will have my adapter done next week Im having one of our powertrain machinist build it.I have a friend with a cnc im going to ask him how much to make copies.I found a source for the socket head cap screws they are 4.50 each and you need 12 so its 60.00 for the bolts.I will post some pics,Im installing my obx in an a-670 but it should ibe the same measurements but I will make sure.

Dave
02-11-2006, 05:19 PM
If I wait to get this posi and get the van running, can I later install it with the tranny still in?

Could I just undo the front mount and rock the motor forward, take off the diff. cap, remove the axles, and slap in the OBX?? I don't know if there's enough room between the K-frame, fire wall, and tranny.

BadAssPerformance
02-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Way easier to do it before the trans goes in, probably have to drop the k-member to do it in the van.

turbovanmanČ
02-11-2006, 05:58 PM
K-member has to come out, I guess it could be done but you have to set the bearing preload also.

The S is Silent
02-11-2006, 08:46 PM
If I wait to get this posi and get the van running, can I later install it with the tranny still in?

Could I just undo the front mount and rock the motor forward, take off the diff. cap, remove the axles, and slap in the OBX?? I don't know if there's enough room between the K-frame, fire wall, and tranny.

I bought and payed for mine yesterday. Go ahead and buy one, and get the van running right the first time. I was on the fence about it too, but decided to just get one and put it in while I put in the new engine and transmission. All at once.

I suppose you could wait to throw a diff pin during a burnout, and then you'd have a reason to pull it out and put the OBX in.

Dave
02-13-2006, 10:28 AM
I bought and payed for mine yesterday. Go ahead and buy one, and get the van running right the first time. I was on the fence about it too, but decided to just get one and put it in while I put in the new engine and transmission. All at once.

I suppose you could wait to throw a diff pin during a burnout, and then you'd have a reason to pull it out and put the OBX in.

Great idea. I'm going to have the stock pin bead welded to the case, although I've already broken those welds on my Spirit before, but it will help for a little.

How will I know when the pin pops out of the case?

The S is Silent
02-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Great idea. I'm going to have the stock pin bead welded to the case, although I've already broken those welds on my Spirit before, but it will help for a little.

I've never thrown a pin, but I can imagine it souds aweful and the car won't move afterwards. Both of those things in conjunction with one another should be a dead givaway. Oh, those and oil pouring out from underneath your car ;)

Don't weld the diff pin in...because it doesn't fix the problem. Get diff pin retainers from ma mopar and remove the roll pin. It'll let the diff pin roll, and wear evenlyl.

turbovanmanČ
02-13-2006, 01:59 PM

When you hear a clunk then see the trail of oil and the huge hole in your trans, :eyebrows: :lol: