PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 turbo omni help?

omni spirit
09-25-2007, 11:10 PM
like a lot of people on this forum i'm putting a turbo 2.4 in a omni GLH.
let me tell ya'll my exact set up.
2.4 pt N/A motor converting to turbo with SRT pistons, rods, bearings
i have a turbo manifold from OBX and a turbonetics 50 trim, SRT-4 intake
i am going automatic with a 3-speed neon transmission. upgrading to red eagle clutch upgrade and a do it your self shift kit.
i'm using 89 electronics with a dizzy adapter.

the reason i'm posting is i want people's input that have done this swap or similar set ups to help

what i want to do is use the SRT-4 half shaft, and to do this i was going to try to swap the inner CV joints from the srt-4 on to the GLH axles. i don't know if this will work.

also is there any turbo/exhaust clearance issues??
what about the SRT-4 intake will this work no prob??

the motor is not even fulley assembled yet so it's no where near going in the car yet.
i've seen post were people are using all kinds of right side mount configurations. i was going to try to use the pt mount and accessory's(i already have them). i didn't know if this may not be doable in a l-body.
i have the front mount planed out, i was going to use a 1st gen neon front mount and fabricate the omni mount to it.

also what have people used for intercoolers? i have a sperco 1080cfm i was going to use but didn't know if it would be good enough.. keep in mind that i don't want to make my car look all hacked up i've got a lot of time and money in restoring the body and want to make it appear some what stock.
so if any one wants to give me any advice on this project feel free, it will be greatly appreciated
Thanks Greg

Speedeuphoria
09-27-2007, 04:00 PM
also what have people used for intercoolers? i have a sperco 1080cfm i was going to use but didn't know if it would be good enough.. keep in mind that i don't want to make my car look all hacked up i've got a lot of time and money in restoring the body and want to make it appear some what stock.

It will be good, or good enough for a50trim. You can allways add W/I later to help also.