PDA

View Full Version : Do They Really Go Through This Much Trouble...

2.216VTurbo
09-25-2007, 12:29 PM
... to hide some minor change from the prevoius years model?:confused:

I see these 'cars in diapers' all the time but this one is the first time I've seen it cover the rear 'wing' area. Could be a new Caliber SRT with a giant wing:D Or an STI...

Always seem to have Michigan plates on them.

turbovanmanČ
09-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Isn't Michigan in Detroit? where the car men are, :confused:

Yeah, for some reason, they dont' want people knowing what they look like before THEY leak the new photos. The back windows are not right for an STI, I vote Caliber or maybe a Mazda/Toyota product.

fleckster
09-25-2007, 12:50 PM
It's not a Caliber. I would bet on a test mule for the next gen Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe. After all, they are built in Cali. The roof shape and windows look about right for them. I recently saw an article saying they were upcoming and being tested.

NeonShowCar
09-25-2007, 01:03 PM
We used to call those bras and panties when I worked out at the Chelsea Proving Grounds. Always amazed me to see the faces on people when I'd drive one of those dressed up cars. I still remember driving the flat-black PT Cruisers when they still hadn't been announced - those really turned heads back in the day.

I doubt that's a Chrysler Product - unless you took that picture when you were around the Phoenix area.

uwilluz
09-25-2007, 01:29 PM
So what was going on at the Hilton San Diego Convention Center? :D

mcsvt
09-25-2007, 01:29 PM
I agree with Fleck. Body lines of the Matrix/Vibe...

I always stare when I see them :)

8valves
09-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Isn't Michigan in Detroit? where the car men are, :confused:

I'm sure you meant isn't Detroit in Michigan... right?

turbovanmanČ
09-25-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm sure you meant isn't Detroit in Michigan... right?

Sure, yeah, :clap:

2.216VTurbo
09-25-2007, 06:41 PM
So what was going on at the Hilton San Diego Convention Center? :D

Im thinking HTF did he know that??? Parking stub on dash from last week:p

Cadaver lab at the "Congress of Neurological Surgeons" meeting. See, if I teach the surgeons how to 'install' my spine hardware into dead people, then they wont screw it up on live patients and paralyze someone-or worse:o Thats the thoery anyway...

2.216VTurbo
09-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Got a PM from a TM who wishes to remain anonymous says his vote is that it's a new Ford Edge. I was on the 405 Fwy about 2 miles from the Ford corporate office (where the 'every Saturday car show' takes place) in Irvine when I shot the pic.

I tried to shoot a couple more but I was sipping my Latte and yaking on the phone at the time:D

Vigo
09-25-2007, 07:44 PM
ive already seen em undressed and that looks nothing like one...

im going also with vibe/matrix... proportions are spot on and most of the similarly shaped models from other manufacturers are right in the middle of their runs.. no new model to hide.

20w/ashelby
09-27-2007, 07:36 PM
I second it not being an edge. Unless they made it look worse than it already does. I'm going with something foreign.