PDA

View Full Version : man i love turbo dodges

1966 dart wagon
09-19-2007, 12:53 PM
89 daytona 2.5 t2, its all stock and still beating up on other cars. so far the kill list is

ford focus svt
vw vr6
v6 mustang(haha not suprised)
buick regal supercharged(older one)
b18 integra
go figure now i cant think of any more

soon i hope to run against my friends v8 stang(ran a 14.9) and other friends eclipse..spent 6k to go 15.5 :lol:

heck after i beat the focus guy he was even nice and mentioned "ya my friend has one of those a shelby z" kinda cool at least the guy was friendly

i cant wait to save up some money for 3in exhaust from fwd, woo:thumb: :D

Turbodave
09-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Even stock these cars can be a lot of fun, but wait until you turn up the boost :)

turbovanmanČ
09-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Great kills but I didn't know a 2.5 T2 was stock, :wow1: :p

raccoon
09-19-2007, 04:38 PM
maybe a Mexican engine. they had a mix of almost everything.

1966 dart wagon
09-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Great kills but I didn't know a 2.5 T2 was stock, :wow1: :p

eh good point, 2.5 was swaped in completly forgot about that, ok so its not STOCK....and the boost is turned up to 14 hehe:lol: man i love the pull these engines deliver, cant wait for the dsm injectors, afpr and rrfpr for more fun o and exhaust of course:D

Vigo
09-20-2007, 02:29 PM
dood are you running higher than stock boost on a 2.5 on 2.2 electronics? hmmmmm hope you got a/f monitoring.

need exhaust! chop chop

1966 dart wagon
09-22-2007, 03:59 AM
dood are you running higher than stock boost on a 2.5 on 2.2 electronics? hmmmmm hope you got a/f monitoring.

need exhaust! chop chop

nope its all good, its been chiped for a 2.5 and everything. so just 2.5 t cal i believe

uwilluz
09-22-2007, 12:31 PM
LOL I ran my '91 Daytona (2.5 T1) on 14.5 psi for 75K miles with NO INTERCOOLER and just an exhaust as my only mod. Had no problems with it whatsoever. One of the best cars I've owned actually.

1966 dart wagon
09-23-2007, 01:46 PM
i hope to race against my friends eclipse soon, he turboed a 420a,(non turbo motor) and put $6200 into the motor and his best run is a 15.8 hahah another guy drove it for the first time 15.5, he is all talk, all we heard was O THE CLUTCH IS SLIPPING, i rode with him a week later, no problem, no slip, he mad 180whp for that much....sad:yuck: :confused: hopefully he will be back tonight i'll update ya guys for another tm win:thumb:

Vigo
09-24-2007, 06:26 PM
uhh... if hes got a turbo 420a and ran 15.8 he forgot to close his wastegate, lol.

1966 dart wagon
09-24-2007, 07:35 PM
uhh... if hes got a turbo 420a and ran 15.8 he forgot to close his wastegate, lol.

haha ya tell me about it, he is running 5psi, he blew a piston a while back had only ONE put in:confused: his new car is a 95 talon turbo awd and he was telling me his wastegate was broken, had a major boost leak, was hitting cut out on his launches(is that a word haha) and overboosting..... wth man:confused: :confused2: :confused: and he though i was crazy when i agued with him about it...he is kinda an idiot, and cant work on his cars, who owns a dsm and cant work on it :lol: he bout a bolt on turbo kit for his 96 eclipse and paid a shop 800 dollars to install it:confused: ya i could used the "confused' face on him all day

o and for an update i wooped a v8 camero last night pulled hard, with his gf in the car...priceless, and wooped a grandam, kid was like wanna race, man i never had a smile flip on so fast:lol: :D

cordes
09-24-2007, 10:14 PM
eh good point, 2.5 was swaped in completly forgot about that, ok so its not STOCK....and the boost is turned up to 14 hehe:lol: man i love the pull these engines deliver, cant wait for the dsm injectors, afpr and rrfpr for more fun o and exhaust of course:D

A rising rate reg? for the cost of that you could be setup to do your own cals, and save a TON to tuning trouble. If it works for you that is cool, but there are many of us who would be willing to help you all we could to eliminate the RRR from the turbo lexicon.

1966 dart wagon
09-25-2007, 01:08 PM
A rising rate reg? for the cost of that you could be setup to do your own cals, and save a TON to tuning trouble. If it works for you that is cool, but there are many of us who would be willing to help you all we could to eliminate the RRR from the turbo lexicon.

thats a though also, my cal in the car has already been socketed for chips and what not

cordes
09-25-2007, 07:18 PM
thats a though also, my cal in the car has already been socketed for chips and what not

I would strongly suggest looking into it then. IMO it is the only way to go.

Vigo
09-25-2007, 07:36 PM
cant work on his cars, who owns a dsm and cant work on it he bout a bolt on turbo kit for his 96 eclipse and paid a shop 800 dollars to install it ya i could used the "confused' face on him all day

lol at that!! completely agree. d00d needs to buy a toyota and leave it stock if he wants to race and cant work on cars.. hell, a v6 camry is now deep in the 14s stock.

Bubba
09-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Yea, definitely set yourself up to burn your own chips if you've already got a socketed computer....makes things much easier and there's plenty of knowledgeable people to help you with questions.

Hemidare
09-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Who are the guys that are knowlegeble and can help? I have a socketed computer and would love to burn my own chips sometime. Any tutorials?

cordes
09-29-2007, 01:01 AM
Who are the guys that are knowlegeble and can help? I have a socketed computer and would love to burn my own chips sometime. Any tutorials?

There are a couple of very basic ones that I have made for the LM and SBEC. They are really only to tell you how to socket the board and burn the chip, but it is where you need to start. www.omniglht.com/cal.html www.omniglht.com/sbec.html

Go over to www.moparchem.com and check out the scene. It is very helpful for those wanting to get going with the custom cals.

1966 dart wagon
10-13-2007, 03:32 PM
another kill crx b16 turbo with mods, wooped him WITH a slipping clutch:lol:
another crx with a dohc b16 frankinstein motor turbo, walked him too:clap:

then ran agains the above eclipse guys car he now has a awd talon small 16 g man that intercooler(greddy) cools nice the charge pipe was like ice :O well anyways again with bad clutch through 3rd and 4th he had me by 2 cars, (from a 1st gear roll) he even jumped hahah. now i need clutch

this was all with the exhaust choped man its WAY FASTER:lol: :D

1966 dart wagon
11-23-2007, 08:21 PM
UPDATE :D

i race a band new 08 civic mugen addition with the k20(the god of honda engines from what i hear) and man i walked him, sure my exhaust was off so wya more power but woo it was fun

next i raced my friends 97 buick regal supercharged, i stayed dead even with him while hitting fuel cut the whole way, pull hard...cut...fall back(still even) that was fun, so i know im in the 14's with a pretty stock motor, 14psi no exhaust :) the buick ran a 15.2 with bad tires so i know im at least THAT fast :lol:

:clap: fun stuff i'll keep updating.

ShelbyTurbo
11-25-2007, 04:21 PM
i hope to race against my friends eclipse soon, he turboed a 420a,(non turbo motor) and put $6200 into the motor and his best run is a 15.8 hahah another guy drove it for the first time 15.5, he is all talk, all we heard was O THE CLUTCH IS SLIPPING, i rode with him a week later, no problem, no slip, he mad 180whp for that much....sad:yuck: :confused: hopefully he will be back tonight i'll update ya guys for another tm win:thumb:

Haha, LOL at the mid 15 second turbo N/A Eclipse.

I'm already there with a lightly modified neon, with less than 1k in bolt-ons LOL!

Hell the most cash I've spent on the car lately was the BFG tires, which I haven't even got down the strip yet!

1966 dart wagon
11-26-2007, 02:23 AM
I'm already there with a lightly modified neon, with less than 1k in bolt-ons LOL!

i know the turbo na eclipse is sad haha pretty sweet about ur neon

saterday night i raced my friends 95 mazda mx6 with the japanese motor klze with headers, full exhaust, suspention, good tires, intake, chip, lightweight flywheel and kevlar clutch. probe trans with the lowest heard final ratio of 4.10. every mod u can do to the engine w/o ripping it apart.

took off from a stop, i launched pretty dang good for all spin(he thinks i jumped but i went right as he honked, as u would at the track) anyways raced him 3rd gear and 4th clutch started to slip and no im not using the ricer excuse lol(i hear it alot) so he pulled and got about a car or so. then raced right after that(engine was a lil warm) from about a 35 roll, wooped his --- all the way to around 95-100 or so haha:D car was pretty warm by then, heater and driving nicely after that. So that was a good adition to the night concidering i figured he would kill me from a launch and up in the higher top speeds. o well haha:lol: i wasnt really paying attention to how far i beat him but i know he was at least back by my rear wheel cause i couldnt see him in my vision