PDA

View Full Version : S60 Cal questions

Pat
09-19-2007, 07:58 AM
I have a few questions that I hope someone out there can help me with. Does the super 60 cal have:

1- Active knock control (knock retard)? If not, will the knock sensor still read to a scan tool for tuning purposes even if it does not pull timing in response to knock?

2- Does it run on O2 feedback at all?

3- From what I understand, there is a hotter spark curve, but is it just a blanket +x degrees of timing shifting the entire curve or is there a significantly different curve shape?

4- What differences will I see running the low boost mode to high boost mode? Is it just boost targets or does it alter the timing curves also?

5- Any overboost shutdown?

Thanks everyone.

Pat

JDAWG
09-19-2007, 10:33 AM
2- Does it run on O2 feedback at all?
no
5- Any overboost shutdown?
22psi

all I can help

Aries_Turbo
09-19-2007, 05:21 PM
yes it has knock retard but doesnt have the same voltage slope as the rpms increase like the other stock cals. its set at ~3.95V as the indicator of knock across the RPM band. the stock stuff uses a curve that has lower voltage at lower rpms as an indication of knock. ie its a little less sensitive at the lower rpms to knock.

the timing curve is more aggressive cause its a G-head cal. the advance ramps up faster in the lower rpms than the swirl head stuff. both the part throttle and the full throttle timing curves are the same as opposed to the stock stuff where the part throttle timing is more aggressive.

when the cal is in high boost mode, there is a table that subtracts advance.... so the advance is lower.

i dunno if there is overboost.

Brian

Pat
09-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks guys.