PDA

View Full Version : N/A 2.4 to turbo 2.4

omni spirit
09-17-2007, 09:42 PM
dose any one know if a 02 N/A 2.4 has the same crank as a 03 srt-4?
also, i know the rod bearings are different what about the main bearings?
i got a set of srt-4 pistons and rods what else would i need to make it as strong as a regaler srt motor?

Speedeuphoria
09-18-2007, 08:12 AM
The oil pumps are a little different, wouldnt worry about it much, All the bearings are diff iirc.

contraption22
09-21-2007, 12:14 PM
The SRT-4 rods and pistons will work fine with your crank.

TurbododgePirate
09-23-2007, 02:36 PM
dose any one know if a 02 N/A 2.4 has the same crank as a 03 srt-4?
also, i know the rod bearings are different what about the main bearings?
i got a set of srt-4 pistons and rods what else would i need to make it as strong as a regaler srt motor?

On the top of the page, 3 buttons to the left is a word that says SEARCH, It's an amazing tool.

Yes, the rod and main bearings on a stock motor are softer than on a SRT, so replace them all.

To make it as strong as a SRT motor? Well nothing really. The oil pump will work just fine, as will the stock pan. Yes, the SRT pump is a little higher volume pump, but it isn't necessary as these motors already get too much oil up top.

omni spirit
09-24-2007, 09:27 PM
thanks for all the info some times i get confused, i've been studding and reading a lot. i just don't want to buy any thing i don't really have too at the same time don't want to miss any thing. i got a lot of time any money going in this like most. thank god for these forums. this would not be a doable project with out them

turbovanmanČ
09-25-2007, 12:30 AM
On the top of the page, 3 buttons to the left is a word that says SEARCH, It's an amazing tool.

Coming from the guy that asked the same DP question numerous times, :lol: :clap: