PDA

View Full Version : Spirit RT Steering wheels in anything else?

TurbododgePirate
09-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Just wondering, are the leather spirit RT Steering wheels in any other cars? Hopefully I will soon be trading one of my cars for a spirit, and I know the leather is chewed up pretty bad.

Just wondering.

~~Heath

cordes
09-13-2007, 09:26 PM
To me they look exactly the same as the ones in the shadows.

TurbododgePirate
09-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Cool, I am thinking they are in Daytonas too. I remember my 1990 daytona looked like the 91 Spirit.... but in black.

Turbodave
09-13-2007, 10:29 PM
The Daytona/Lebaron wheels have four spokes and a different style airbag.

The Sprit style wheel is in the Shadows and a lot of the C-body cars also (Dynasty, New Yorker etc..). The leather wheels don't age very well so finding a nice one is a challenge. They also tend to turn a different shade of gray over the years compared to the rest of the interior. The Vinyl wheels hold up a lot better and are easy to find if your looking for an easy replacement.

TurbododgePirate
09-14-2007, 07:39 AM
The Daytona/Lebaron wheels have four spokes and a different style airbag.

The Sprit style wheel is in the Shadows and a lot of the C-body cars also (Dynasty, New Yorker etc..). The leather wheels don't age very well so finding a nice one is a challenge. They also tend to turn a different shade of gray over the years compared to the rest of the interior. The Vinyl wheels hold up a lot better and are easy to find if your looking for an easy replacement.

Dave,

Thank you very much for th input. I'll keep my eyes out.

firebaron90
09-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Dave the steering wheel appears in same vintage jeep Cherokees. I have one in black leather.

Joe

Vigo
09-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Yes but those also have 'Jeep' molded into the airbag cover...

ive got a perfect beige one from my dynasty if im thinking of the right wheel.. upgraded to the black perforated 4-spoke with cruise from a daytona iroc or r/t or something.

firebaron90
09-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Um, our turbo dodge airbag bolt right up.....

TopDollar69
10-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Some Lebarons have the two spoke wheel, the sporty ones seem to always have the four spoke though. This is on the 90 up cars.

DC Turismo
10-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Yes but those also have 'Jeep' molded into the airbag cover...

ive got a perfect beige one from my dynasty if im thinking of the right wheel.. upgraded to the black perforated 4-spoke with cruise from a daytona iroc or r/t or something.

So you used a Daytona one in a C-body, which would mean Heath could use a Daytona one in his seeing that swap worked??

TopDollar69
10-11-2007, 07:59 PM
I've seen a black leather four spoke Daytona wheel installed in a Shadow also.

Dodge Aries K
10-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Don't forget... the 91-95 minivans sometimes had leather wheels too.