PDA

View Full Version : Never gets old...

Dr.Evil
09-13-2007, 03:16 PM
...beatin up on Mustang GT's that is! First race in a while with my R/T and it was a pretty good one. I've been running a 91/100 oct mix because I can get 100 at the pump now, and man it loves it.

Last night I see/hear a loud 03-04 GT up ahead. Had some BIG tires out back and sounded mean. Figured it would be a good race. I hit a light with them, give the two kids a quick glance, then give them about 1/2 throttle when it went green so the can see I'm game. First run was from 2nd...I heard him hit it, so I did the same...no chance for them, I pulled the HARD. I was suprised! Next we go from around 3K in third (I know, 2nd would have been better) to about 6K and the same results, absolutly no contest. Pulled them like they were standing still! I actually wasn't sure they were trying, but they were!

At the next light both of them had the classic drop-jawed, WTF IS THAT! look. Priceless! They asked what it was I just said its a 91 Spirit, stock motor. They said yea but its turboed! I told them to look up Spirit R/T and they would understand. They then asked if it was any good from a stop. I said not on street tires, but we went anyway. Spinning through 2nd we were dead even. We gave each other a quick wave and went out seperate ways.

This was on about 15PSI I think (spikes to 19, drops down to 15) Stage 3 FWD Performance ECU and supporting hardware, Dual Super Coupe IC, 3" DP through 2.5" exhaust on 95 octane. Thats pretty much it. Nothing special at all. I was pleased with the results. :thumb:

Can't wait to get the Alky back on and mix that with a 50 shot of Zex...should be good for another 50WHP I'm thinkin, which will put me over 300WHP.

altered7151
09-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Look at you all fancy schmacy with your 16 valves. A real man would go fast with half that many! :D Granted your car weights about 1000lbs more than mine :eyebrows:

turbo-baron
09-13-2007, 04:22 PM
lol most of the time mustang owners are pissed when you beat them in a granny car or any car for that matter. It's nice to hear about cool ones. Nice kill.

dds78910
09-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Good job!:thumb: :clap: :hail:

turbovanmanČ
09-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Awesome, I love TIII's, :clap:

1966 dart wagon
09-14-2007, 09:42 PM
man i love the look on mustang owners faces when u beat them, hell i pulled hard on a fox body 5.0 with exhaust and everything, my daytona is all stock with 14psi. he took off had about half a car before i went then man o man i pulled hard, he even had his gf in the car haha:D

Dr.Evil
09-16-2007, 01:21 AM
he even had his gf in the car haha:D

Thats the best!! I pulled on a nice lookin STI a few months ago and he had his smokin hot girl friend in the car. Too bad street racing isn't like the animal kingdom where the female goes with the victor of the battle haha that would be sweet

Mopar_Nutz
09-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Nice runs! Reminding me of last night when a few of us went to the local 1/8 mile drags. Fox body mustang gets trailered in. Pulls it off and all you hear is exhaust and cam. Big meats out the back. Looks like a real contender. The driver is all attitude, glaring at people and all that.
So an hour or so later he's lining up against one of the guys in our group. A bone stock, absolutely mint IROC R/T. The mustang got a small jump off the line and then the R/T ate him alive. After the race he was bickering with the guy he came in with (dad?) and getting all upset that he lost.
The next race was against a silver STi (another turbo mopar guy). The STi then walked him off the line and never looked back. Mustang guy was angry again. Loads up the car and goes home.

I'm sure the car wasn't running right, but it's great to see ego's get deflated sometimes :)