PDA

View Full Version : help! WTF is this?

t3rse
02-09-2006, 05:55 PM
I was about to put my head back on and I looked real good at the gasket that came off and the part number looked odd. I looked up the number: 4424060 and the damn thing if for a 2.2 tIII????

My block is an 85 that's been worked over (not by me). Is there any reason that a tIII gasket would be on it??

turbovanmanČ
02-09-2006, 05:57 PM
It could be all he had, I am unaware the TIII takes a different gasket?

t3rse
02-09-2006, 06:01 PM
well, its the stock pn. if the gasket is the same, then it's all good.

turbovanmanČ
02-10-2006, 02:50 AM
I found out that TIII gaskets are different and they block off one of the oil drains in the block.

Lee'sdaytona
02-26-2006, 03:28 PM
I found out that TIII gaskets are different and they block off one of the oil drains in the block.
That would mean that he had a similar effect to the purelator 1 anti-drainback oil filter right?
-Lee

turbovanmanČ
02-26-2006, 03:29 PM
That would mean that he had a similar effect to the purelator 1 anti-drainback oil filter right?
-Lee

Hmmmmmmmm, not sure what you mean but with the oil drains plugged in the gasket, the oil would pool in the head and drain down very slowly and you could starve the engine of oil.

Lee'sdaytona
02-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Hmmmmmmmm, not sure what you mean but with the oil drains plugged in the gasket, the oil would pool in the head and drain down very slowly and you could starve the engine of oil.
oh...well that isn't good....the way these filters suposedly work is there is an anti drain back feature so I guess there is almost instant oil pressure to the camshaft. My valve train would make a nasty screeching sound on startups sometimes and this filter fixed it. Of course, the old filter could have been messed up too...
-Lee

jckrieger
02-27-2006, 01:01 AM
Most oil filter anti-drainback valves are junk, but as you observed the Purolator pure 1 filter is a good one. That's what I run on all my engines...

Lee'sdaytona
02-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Most oil filter anti-drainback valves are junk, but as you observed the Purolator pure 1 filter is a good one. That's what I run on all my engines...
Yeah thats not a mistake. It was recommended to me by someone on here
-Lee