PDA

View Full Version : no boost

92spiritrt
09-10-2007, 08:42 PM
i got an 85 omni glht t1. the car seemed slow from the start(just bought it and and just started driving it saturday) i had a mopar performance lm laying around, i went to install it along with a boost gauge. when i pulled the kick panel i noticed that it already had that lm in it. when i hooked up the boost gauge and took it out, it was strictly reading vacuum(15-17in at idle and upwards of 27in coasting in gear). if i floor it the boost gauge never goes past 0, i can hear the turbo spooling through the revs. the short connector from the turbo to the intake does look a little rough. what does this sound like to you guys, bad turbo? or is it common for that connector to rot out?

slasky
09-10-2007, 08:49 PM
It sounds like a boost leak or a your waste gate might not be closing.

92spiritrt
09-10-2007, 09:05 PM
i never even thought of the wastegate. my one friend had initially thought that the turbo was bad, thinking that if the shaft had enough play in it that it could have bent the fins. but i can hear it spooling, it sounds alot like my spirit r/t sounded when i had blown one of my intercooler hoses off.

turbo-baron
09-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Check the wastgate arm to swingvalve.It may have popped off.

92spiritrt
09-10-2007, 09:26 PM
good call. i never thought of that, just went out and checked it out and look what i found.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x82/92spiritrt/DSC00094.jpg

now i need a wastegate. anyone have an extra t1 wastegate laying around that they want to get rid of.

slasky
09-11-2007, 07:28 AM
Do I win a cookie?

My daytona looks just like that too. I could sell you a bungee cord boost controller that I invented when mine broke off at the track.